STOP worrying Earth is getting hotter

I knew he wanted the old place where Magnum PI was filmed but thought the deal fell through. I have not heard of him being in Hawaii at any time.
I also had not heard this about Obama until I investigated somebody talking about it.

I did make this error. I said his home was on Maui but actually it is on Oahu a nearby Island.

I also happened to be on Kauai when the fires happened on Maui and felt lucky the fires did not also start on Kauai since it also has that type of grass growing all over.

Last edited:
I've been to Iceland and have seen with my own eyes a glacier that has receded 1 km in the past 50 years. This is true for the majority of glaciers outside of Greenland and Antarctica. Why would this be true if the globe was not warming?

First you have to get a clue about what causes warming and cooling on a given spot of land on Earth. On Earth, the tectonic plates move, and that means if the plate is moving away from the nearest pole, it gets warmer. If it moves towards the nearest pole it gets cooler.

Iceland is a very specific location because of extremely active magma releases.

Europe = glaciers melting = tectonic direction SE

North America = glaciers melting = tectonic direction SW

Greenland went from forest to ice age in the past 2 million years, moving NW....

More recent studies do not confirm you links findings.

LOL!!!

Typical. WE go to court. Court says data is data, fudge is fudge. Co2 FRAUD twists the judge's arm to say what they want, and slither out to fudge more data saying Antarctica is "melting." Antarctica has no liquid water either. How is it "melting" if there is no liquid water?

Face it, 90% of Earth ice, whatever that piece is doing, that's the direction of the climate. It is not "melting" and it isn't going to melt until Antarctica moves off the South Pole...

It should then be in my book covering global weather. It was published in 1975 and not a word of man causing climate or weather is in this excellent book I studied to be a pilot.
Why would you expect it to be included? There are plenty of examples of man changing the climate, usually for the worse. Greeks cut down their trees to build warships and turned their islands into deserts.

I think you need to revisit what 400 is related to a million and then see if you get rich.
For underground mining, the World Gold Council defines between 8 and 10 grams per tonne as ‘high-quality’, and 1 to 4 grams per tonne as ‘low-quality’.

First you have to get a clue about what causes warming and cooling on a given spot of land on Earth. On Earth, the tectonic plates move, and that means if the plate is moving away from the nearest pole, it gets warmer. If it moves towards the nearest pole it gets cooler.

Iceland is a very specific location because of extremely active magma releases.

Europe = glaciers melting = tectonic direction SE

North America = glaciers melting = tectonic direction SW

Greenland went from forest to ice age in the past 2 million years, moving NW....
Tectonic plates generally move at the same rate your finger nails grow. Do you really think 50 years of nail growth would move Iceland far enough to affect it's climate, especially since it is not moving south. Iceland has always had active volcanism yet those glaciers managed to grow until recently.

LOL!!!

Typical. WE go to court. Court says data is data, fudge is fudge. Co2 FRAUD twists the judge's arm to say what they want, and slither out to fudge more data saying Antarctica is "melting." Antarctica has no liquid water either. How is it "melting" if there is no liquid water?
Their is a large amount of liquid water in Antarctica and the ice is floating on it. It is called the ocean.

Face it, 90% of Earth ice, whatever that piece is doing, that's the direction of the climate. It is not "melting" and it isn't going to melt until Antarctica moves off the South Pole...
Or the ice slides into the sea.

Tectonic plates generally move at the same rate your finger nails grow. Do you really think 50 years of nail growth would move Iceland far enough to affect it's climate, especially since it is not moving south. Iceland has always had active volcanism yet those glaciers managed to grow until recently.

Iceland is on the fault. There are magma releases on Iceland regularly, and those do melt ice. That is not "climate change." That is magma....

Take a good look at Earth today. Every piece of land within 600 miles of a pole is buried under ice age glacier. Nothing else is...

Antarctica has 70 million year old dinosaur fossils, because 70 million years ago it was not on the south pole and not buried under 2 miles of ice.

the ice is floating on it

sea ice is under 1% of Earth ice counting both polar circles, and Arctic has more sea ice. The ice on land mass Antarctica is 90% of Earth's ice, some 8 million cubic miles. Nice try....

Or the ice slides into the sea.

LOL!!!

As the Antarctic glacier grows and thickens EVERY YEAR, it pushes out over ocean, where it breaks off in the form of ICEbergs.

NO LIQUID WATER

NOT MELTING

The problem isn't things getting hotter but the effect of a slight increase in surface temperature anomaly. As deniers put it, the science is complex.

Iceland is on the fault. There are magma releases on Iceland regularly, and those do melt ice. That is not "climate change." That is magma....
Except there were no eruptions in the vicinity of the melting glaciers in historic times. Don't forget, Iceland has always been active and those glaciers still formed.

LOL!!!

As the Antarctic glacier grows and thickens EVERY YEAR, it pushes out over ocean, where it breaks off in the form of ICEbergs.

NO LIQUID WATER

NOT MELTING
Antarctica is losing ice mass (melting) at an average rate of about 150 billion tons per year, and Greenland is losing about 270 billion tons per year. Got any scientific evidence, beyond your word, that NASA is wrong?

Except there were no eruptions in the vicinity of the melting glaciers in historic times. Don't forget, Iceland has always been active and those glaciers still formed.

Iceland is small. It did not exist 50 million years ago. It formed because of the expansion of the fault at the center bottom of the Atlantic. It is a volcanic island like Hawaii only right on the fault. It is not a "good data point for climate change" because it does this...

'Indescribable': the heat and roar of Iceland's volcano

all the time, on and off, and has since it first appeared. So trying to extrapolate "climate data" from small island Iceland is pretty fucking stupid.

Antarctica is losing ice mass (melting) at an average rate of about 150 billion tons per year, and Greenland is losing about 270 billion tons per year. Got any scientific evidence, beyond your word, that NASA is wrong?

There is data and there is taxpayer funded fudged fraud. You are citing fudged fraud. If what you cite was actually true, there would be an ocean rise, and there isn't. NASA explained why...

, the Antarctic ice sheet showed a net gain of 112 billion tons of ice a year from 1992 to 2001. That net gain slowed to 82 billion tons of ice per year between 2003 and 2008.

The good news is that Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away,” Zwally said. “But this is also bad news. If the 0.27 millimeters per year of sea level rise attributed to Antarctica in the IPCC report is not really coming from Antarctica, there must be some

SERIOUS FUDGEBAKING FRAUD ONGOING AT IPCC...

So your side is claiming all this ice is melting. THEN WHY IS THERE NO OCEAN RISE???

R.ab21767238748a09549a20369e9bdb8e

Forum List

Back