Student Debt Forgiveness knocked down

Interesting take on how this decision may affect the 2024 election.

“And so it's going to be a huge contrast going into the 2024 elections. I can already see the ads being written and I think it's something that Democrats are definitely going to be underscoring.”

Cardona’s views echoed the comments of Rep. Ritchie Torres (D-N.Y.), who during an appearance on CNN earlier in the day said he believes the Supreme Court’s latest rulings will “haunt” the GOP.

“The excesses of the Supreme Court is going to backfire. The Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe versus Wade reduced what was supposed to be a red wave in the 2022 election cycle to nothing more than then a red trickle,” Torres said.

“So not only is the Supreme Court's decision, bad law, it's also bad politics and it's going to come back to haunt the Republican Party.”

Well of course a Democrat would say that.

But you are concentrating on the minority of people who would have gotten free money (the most educated, affluent category) while ignoring the MAJORITY of people (high school educated and lower-middle class) who were given a big middle finger.

Also happy are the college educated, such as myself, who either paid off their loans or worked their way through college so as not to incur any in the first place.

I wish this would be retroactively applied to GM.

Don't you wish this was applied to the universities themselves? Let the universities pay this money back, it shouldn't be on the shoulders of the tax payer.

SCOTUS knocked down Biden's attempts at blanket forgiveness because CONGRESS IS IN CHARGE OF BUDGETS. No other reason....the law he was using didn't cover what he was trying to do.

So it's up to congressional approval.

None of the other excuses why or why not aren't relevant to SCOTUS.

Try getting a job in analytics or informatics without a degree, these days it takes a Masters to get a good job in the field.

Not nearly as true today as it used to be, companies are hurting for good people and are waiving the college degree for someone with a good employment history. The one I work for, a fairly large financial institution, waived the degree requirement several years ago.

Not nearly as true today as it used to be, companies are hurting for good people and are waiving the college degree for someone with a good employment history. The one I work for, a fairly large financial institution, waived the degree requirement several years ago.

Cool story bro. Nobody is getting hired as a data analyst without a degree

What I find ironic and humorous in all of this is that American universities that are bastions of leftist indoctrination are the ones charging ridiculous tuition rates, yet not one peep of discontent against any of those institutions by leftists on here. They bash on the 'banks', which never loaned this money to begin with since we're talking about federal student loans and not private ones. These universities raked in billions of dollars, fraudulently admitted millions of students that never would have met the criteria to be in college to begin with, and now they're feeling the pain as enrollment is rapidly dropping. And you know what a lot of them are doing, laying off their employees, while administrators are still making bank. One of the state schools where I live has a president that makes a higher salary than the governor of the state and got an 80k raise while student enrollment was plummeting, and the university was letting people go. On top of that the DEMOCRAT governor allowed state funding for state schools to be cut drastically, and along with the declining enrollment budgets are being crushed. So do top administrators take any cuts themselves? No, they take raises while laying people off and slashing budgets everywhere. Do these leftist indoctrinators learn any lessons? No, they're on the take for as much as they can possibly get away with.

I say let them burn, on the job experience is much more valuable, and there is no indoctrination forced on young adults, it's a win/win.

Under two circumstances:

1. The government sets the tuition rate.
2. The student maintains a 2.5 GPA.

Without these two requirements, we’d have have every dummy who can’t do 8th grade math or write a simple sentence descend on community colleges, and the CCs would charge a fortune knowing the government would pay the tuition. It would be like a two-year extension of the Baltimore public school system.
I suggest either two years of military service or two years of work experience as well. The immaturity and ignorance of college kids is appalling.

I suggest either two years of military service or two years of work experience as well. The immaturity and ignorance of college kids is appalling.
Excellent idea! And two years of military or work service FIRST. They will appreciate the college opportunity much more once they’ve had a taste of the outside world.

Excellent idea! And two years of military or work service FIRST. They will appreciate the college opportunity much more once they’ve had a taste of the outside world.
They also might find something they love to do that doesn't require college.

Under two circumstances:

1. The government sets the tuition rate.
2. The student maintains a 2.5 GPA.

Without these two requirements, we’d have have every dummy who can’t do 8th grade math or write a simple sentence descend on community colleges, and the CCs would charge a fortune knowing the government would pay the tuition. It would be like a two-year extension of the Baltimore public school system.
How about we just let the colleges address those two issues?

For claiming to support small government, you guys sure do want to expand the role of the government.

It was a political play for support by Biden of course, and nothing else.

But it would have been quite effective!

However, the right biased Scotus has still made it effective in that the political right gets to be responsible for killing it.

Such is the dysfunctional American system!
The President doesn't have the authority. His own party leader in the House told him that. Nothing at all to do with the political right or a so called dysfunctional system. The system worked. Biden is a fool.

So, why are you lying about it?

Why would I lie about it? You can believe me or not, doesn't matter to me. I know what my own company is doing, and I've personally known people who have been hired into positions that used to require a degree that don't any longer. Go look on Indeed and educate yourself.

Forum List

Back