Study: Gun waiting periods prevent hundreds of homicides

I love how you guys move all over when losing.

The point obviously is that he used a weapon for mass killing. No reason they should be legal unless you want well armed mass killers
We didn't "move all over", you did, to try and find safe harbor for a bogus claim and we held you feet to the fire over it...your point unraveled and you think it is because we were able to expose it that it is our fault...the problem you have is uniquely left wing, the guy in the article can make a "swiss cheese" argument and get away with it because there is no rebuttal so it looks like a valid article to you, but once it has to stand up to scrutiny it falls to pieces...go back and look at it and see where all the holes are, then look at other left wing arguments that suffer the same fate for the same reason...valid rebuttal

He fired at a rate similar to an automatic weapon. And look at all the dead.

He used 2 rifles and murdered 58.

The guy in France used a truck and murdered 89.

Your point?

The point obviously is that he used a weapon for mass killing. No reason they should be legal unless you want well armed mass killers.

They should be legal because the Constitution says so.

Really? Where does it say weapons of mass killing are legal?

Show me the store where they sell chemical dirty bombs. You can't? STFU then.

That has what to do with the constitution?

The point obviously is that he used a weapon for mass killing. No reason they should be legal unless you want well armed mass killers
We didn't "move all over", you did, to try and find safe harbor for a bogus claim and we held you feet to the fire over it...your point unraveled and you think it is because we were able to expose it that it is our fault...the problem you have is uniquely left wing, the guy in the article can make a "swiss cheese" argument and get away with it because there is no rebuttal so it looks like a valid article to you, but once it has to stand up to scrutiny it falls to pieces...go back and look at it and see where all the holes are, then look at other left wing arguments that suffer the same fate for the same reason...valid rebuttal

Talking about trucks is pretty far off the subject.

Since he didn't use an automatic weapon you have no point.

Your point?

The point obviously is that he used a weapon for mass killing. No reason they should be legal unless you want well armed mass killers.

It does not contain those words.
It does guarantee my right to own a gun.

And that results in how many criminals arrested or dead?

With increasing concealed carry:

FBI: Violent crime increases for second straight year

That study is not directly tied to firearms regulations and ownership.
For instance ... Over thee last two years there has been a serious increase in violent crime in cities like Chicago (that affect the national average).
Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws.

Chicago doesn't have walls. It is still easy to get guns in. Chicago and Milwaukee both got concealed carry in recent years. Not going well...

Both cities have attacked their police and cut manpower....Chicago just graduated a new police class, since hilary lost and rahm is going to have to stay mayor.....

And since getting concealed carry crime is up like it is nationally. But NYC with heavily regulated carry crime is down...

It was down because Guiliani instituted new crime fighting policies including stop and frisk....they are trying to get rid of those policies........and their gun crime is going to go up.

Your point?

Show me the store where they sell chemical dirty bombs. You can't? STFU then.

That has what to do with the constitution?

Citizens (of the USA) are supposed to have any kind of weapons necessary to overthrow a potentially tyrannical government.

These days that would be mortars, howitzers, and lethal drones, everything right down to BB guns.

For instance ... Over thee last two years there has been a serious increase in violent crime in cities like Chicago (that affect the national average).

Chicago doesn't have walls. It is still easy to get guns in. Chicago and Milwaukee both got concealed carry in recent years. Not going well...

Both cities have attacked their police and cut manpower....Chicago just graduated a new police class, since hilary lost and rahm is going to have to stay mayor.....

And since getting concealed carry crime is up like it is nationally. But NYC with heavily regulated carry crime is down...

Wrong....gang killing is up in democrat controlled cities....troll.

Your point?

It guarantees your Right to own any weapon in common use .......

so how do you plan on keeping illegal guns out of the hands of criminals? and whats not going well? law abiding citizens are now robbing stores and banks because they are allowed to carry guns? is that what you are trying to sell here?

Your point?

Where does it say gun?

Your point?

Just to let you know....brain is a Troll.......you can use your time with him to sharpen your arguments...but you aren't going to achieve anything else useful....

I think Vegas made it clear why we should regulate automatic weapons.

Since he didn't use an automatic weapon you have no point.

Your point?

Constitution is meaningless to the communist left, they view it as an American suicide note

so how do you plan on keeping illegal guns out of the hands of criminals? and whats not going well? law abiding citizens are now robbing stores and banks because they are allowed to carry guns? is that what you are trying to sell here?

What is going well? Violent crime is up. We have regular mass shootings and they are getting worse. Law enforcement are killed weekly...

Your point?

Just to let you know....brain is a Troll.......you can use your time with him to sharpen your arguments...but you aren't going to achieve anything else useful....

Your point?

Where does it say gun?

You are showing off your empty skull as if it's something to be proud of.
If you were capable of thought, I wonder what you would think "well armed" means.

A study tracking handgun laws on wait periods over a 45-year period found that a delay in obtaining a firearm after purchase reduced gun homicides by 17 percent. That breaks down to about 36 homicides per year for the average state. As of 2014, such laws in 16 states and the District of Columbia prevented about 750 gun homicides per year. If all 50 states required a wait, around 910 more lives could be spared, the authors report.

Gun waiting periods prevent hundreds of homicides, according to 45-year study

Yeah those criminals wait a long time for those background checks let me tell you.

Last edited:

What is going well? Violent crime is up. We have regular mass shootings and they are getting worse. Law enforcement are killed weekly...
I didn't say anything is going well, you did claim conceal and carry was not going well, are trying to say law abiding citizens are now committing crime because of conceal and carry?

Isn't suicide a homicide?

Any unnatural death is a homicide ... :thup:
That's why they have all kinds of classifications for Homicides ... Like Negligent Homicide, Vehicular Homicide, Justified Homicide ... etc.

It also clouds reporting data when the studies are biased and don't clarify.

A study tracking handgun laws on wait periods over a 45-year period found that a delay in obtaining a firearm after purchase reduced gun homicides by 17 percent. That breaks down to about 36 homicides per year for the average state. As of 2014, such laws in 16 states and the District of Columbia prevented about 750 gun homicides per year. If all 50 states required a wait, around 910 more lives could be spared, the authors report.

Gun waiting periods prevent hundreds of homicides, according to 45-year study

Yeah those criminals wait a long time for those background checks met me tell you.

And the guy who decides he's going to kill his wife but can legally buy a gun?

Forum List

Back