🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Study shows being pulled over for 'driving while black' is a factual occurrence

Comparing rates of being pulled over to the population at large is meaningless by way of establishing bias.

The only way to do that would be to compare rates of being pulled over for actual driving offenses.

If blacks commit more offenses OF COURSE they will be pulled over at higher rates.

Of course driving around with a broken tail light and expired tags makes a difference as well.

And the manner of their interaction with police could play a part.

Aurora Police Traffic Stop Video Release - APD Incident #: AUPR20006588 - YouTube

3...2....1 I agree, there is plenty of evidence that people of color are pulled over more frequently than Whites.
HERE"S THE PROBLEM: The Left has taken this tendency by Police and hold it up as PROOF that America is rampant with Systemic Racism which is patently ABSURD and FALSE.
I've seen up to five times as many plus about that many blacks get busted for pot though they actually smoke it less statistically. The police are a brainwashed functional racist system like our conservatives about this. In fact everyone because we are bombarded with blacks as criminals in every kind of media. Now it's a little better.

The article linked was from another article about how Sen. Tom Cotton feels we are not imprisoning enough people, citing crime rates in 'big cities'. 'Big Cities' is code for minority neighborhoods so you know where he is going with that remark. Fact is if you break down crime stats on a per capita basis minorities commit less major crimes than whites. It is even getting a little expensive in states that like to target minorities for long prison sentences...North Carolina just paid a man for 15 years of wrongful imprisonment. He was in prison for 44 years.
When you say "less major" you are actually indicating that the crimes blacks commit are not as major.

Did you mean to say "fewer", by any chance?

3...2....1 I agree, there is plenty of evidence that people of color are pulled over more frequently than Whites.
HERE"S THE PROBLEM: The Left has taken this tendency by Police and hold it up as PROOF that America is rampant with Systemic Racism which is patently ABSURD and FALSE.

There's probably a lot more cars pulled over as well in metropolitan areas in general, and those also happen to be the areas that most black people live. that can skew the numbers some nationally.

all true----and other factors----one of the biggest flaws in this study is its ORIGIN--------NYU ----bastion of the current trend in STUPIDITY ON THE LEFT (for the record----I am a registered democrat for in excess of
50 years-------voted only once in my WHOLE life for
a republican for president. When Kerry ran on the demoticket------I just ABSTAINED

Those damn Police! Teenagers are pulled over for speeding at MUCH higher rates than octegenarians.

It just HAS to be bias.

I am a short-left handed female. I am the only person in the USA stopped for driving too slowly------ANTI-LEFT BIAS It is a fact that left handed persons have a bit of trouble with topology (R parietal --brain-- function) The poor befuddled cops called it
RECKLESS driving ---------????

I read some study that said folks that drive red cars are stopped more often than folks in other colored cars.

What do you call that?

Also, for many reasons, folks that are poor and driving some dinged up beater get hauled over more often than those in nicer cars.

I suppose it's not exactly on topic, but it does show the bias that goes on because we're crazy humans.

Those damn Police! Teenagers are pulled over for speeding at MUCH higher rates than octegenarians.

It just HAS to be bias.

Back in my stupid days, I got a few tickets for racing.

One time, I passed a cop sitting at a stop sign doing...uh...pretty fast. I won that race handily and added extra stupid on the situation by asking the cop if he shouldn't have stopped the loser instead since he was closer to him...

He mad, bro.

Seems blacks are pulled over about 2 times more frequently than whites, yet on a per capita basis are found to be less likely 'driving dirty' than whites. Same goes for incarceration..black people are more likely to receive a prison sentence than their white counterparts for the same crime....https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publ...vers-more-likely-to-be-stopped-by-police.html
I will give you the prison sentence discrepancy. I do see that quite a bit. Many of the cases involve the black person having priors, but that does not dismiss the original issue--black people get convicted more than white people.

As for the alleged "driving while black," it is a bullshit excuse 99 times out of 100. Usually, the cause is (1) the person driving the car is a shitty driver, which draws the attention of the police, and (2) the car which is being driven is visibly not fit for the road. Other causes include reports of criminal activity in the area and both the driver and car fit the description of the information given to police.

It just HAS to be bias.

Back in my stupid days, I got a few tickets for racing.

One time, I passed a cop sitting at a stop sign doing...uh...pretty fast. I won that race handily and added extra stupid on the situation by asking the cop if he shouldn't have stopped the loser instead since he was closer to him...

He mad, bro.
The other day, me and Mrs. Bootney were driving to get some food when she warned me that I was going too fast in a place cops had been monitoring. Before I could stop, sure enough, there was a police officer. He followed for a bit, but we reached the drive-thru before he turned on his lights, so I had to get out of the drive-thru line. When he approached, I handed him my DL, prove of insurance, and my license to carry (required to be presented with DL). I was respectful to the officer. I explained that we had been going down hill and I didn't realize my speed had increased. He took my information, went back to his car, came back and gave me a verbal warning. I thanked him for his service and for doing a thankless job, and we both drove off.

I could have got a ticket right there. I have many times before. But, I didn't.

One thing is for absolute CERTAIN. Had I said, "BITCH, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT" right when the cop pulled up, I WOULD HAVE been cited.

It does no good to give cops attitude. They hate doing that part of the job. Don't make it more miserable than it has to be, and many times, they look for a reason to let you go.

Don't be a dick. Thank them for serving (regardless of whether they let you off with a warning) and be on your way.

It is. Racism is systemic in the United States. It is more prevalent in the Southeast and other Southern States. Yet, prejudice is handed down from parents to their kids in all of the 50 states.

I read some study that said folks that drive red cars are stopped more often than folks in other colored cars.

What do you call that?

Also, for many reasons, folks that are poor and driving some dinged up beater get hauled over more often than those in nicer cars.

I suppose it's not exactly on topic, but it does show the bias that goes on because we're crazy humans.

even the RED-PHOBIA and the DINGED- phobia stat is not valid without accompanying statistical
analysis. Calling it bias is------BS

Seems blacks are pulled over about 2 times more frequently than whites, yet on a per capita basis are found to be less likely 'driving dirty' than whites. Same goes for incarceration..black people are more likely to receive a prison sentence than their white counterparts for the same crime....https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publ...vers-more-likely-to-be-stopped-by-police.html
Driving Dirty? What the hell is driving dirty?

1618017462984.png

It is. Racism is systemic in the United States. It is more prevalent in the Southeast and other Southern States. Yet, prejudice is handed down from parents to their kids in all of the 50 states.
ot appears that you do not realize that shouting out your stupidity only draws attention to it rather than making it profound

Now, their IS systemic racism in our country, but it is called affirmative action, you dullard.

Last edited:
In a growing percentage of cases, the police have no idea of the race of the driver, due to darkly tinted windows.

But no doubt Lefties will continue to produce bogus "studies" that further their Narratives.

Forum List

Back