Subpoenas For Payments to Trump Properties; Emoluments Clause

The Constitution doesn't define the term "emoluments," dumbfuck. It never fails that whenever Trump-hating snowflakes are calling someone else stupid, they only demonstrate how stupid they are.

Just for your information, moron, and emolument is a gift. Payment for the use of a hotel room is not a gift.

They ain't too bright.
Here dull blub

The Washington Post recently reported considerable interest in booking Trump’s Washington hotel as a deliberate way for foreign visitors to show their support for the incoming Trump White House. Two legal experts—Richard Painter, who was former President George W. Bush’s chief ethics counsel, and noted constitutional legal expert Lawrence Tribe—both say that this appears to be an “emolument” (a gift) that a president isn’t allowed to accept.
—Jeff Nesbit, Time.com, 21 Nov. 2016

The emoluments clause could also come into play when Trump’s business sells condos at its properties or partners with foreign investors in the United States or other countries. A condo sale to a foreign dignitary could be seen as an emolument, especially if it were above the market rate.
—Paul Blumenthal, huffingtonpost.com, 19 Nov. 2016

Emolument has been in use in English since the late 15th century, and is defined as “the returns arising from office or employment usually in the form of compensation or perquisites.” There is an additional sense of the word, now obsolete, which is “advantage, benefit.”

The word comes from the Latin word emolumentum, which means “profit” or “gain”; the literal meaning of the word is “sum paid to have grain ground up,” as it comes from the word emolere (“to grind up”).

The emoluments clause of the United States Constitution (Article 1, section 9) reads as follows: “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

Read the last paragraph... tell us, was Trump anointed King of Somalia or something?
Pardon me Peasy but you republicans sure think his shit ""don't "" stink

Pardon me Rdean, but you have yet to tell us how Trump violated the emoluments clause.
Have patience peasy the shit is about to fall on trumps head,,,500 rooms to arabs ring a bell?

Um, Trump owns a hotel, said person stays in hotel, and pays for their room.

That's called paying for something. I would say it would be much more intriguing if a head of state or foreign official stayed in Trumps hotel for FREE. That would look bad. But paying for their room? Um no.

Nothing burger here.
Except Trump benefits. He will get a fine and should be impeached for profiting from his position.

Impeached for what exactly?
Attacking the U.S. in a presidential election, then covering it up.

I surely don't think his shit doesn't stink.

We don't worship Trump like liberals worshipped Obama. But due to the constant attacks on him by the left, the right is forced to defend him at every turn.
I could care less who you worship or don't worship. Trump broke the law. That's all that matters, and he should pay for his crimes.

How did he break the law?
Are you familiar with the Emoluments Clause?

They ain't too bright.
Here dull blub

The Washington Post recently reported considerable interest in booking Trump’s Washington hotel as a deliberate way for foreign visitors to show their support for the incoming Trump White House. Two legal experts—Richard Painter, who was former President George W. Bush’s chief ethics counsel, and noted constitutional legal expert Lawrence Tribe—both say that this appears to be an “emolument” (a gift) that a president isn’t allowed to accept.

The emoluments clause could also come into play when Trump’s business sells condos at its properties or partners with foreign investors in the United States or other countries. A condo sale to a foreign dignitary could be seen as an emolument, especially if it were above the market rate.

Emolument has been in use in English since the late 15th century, and is defined as “the returns arising from office or employment usually in the form of compensation or perquisites.” There is an additional sense of the word, now obsolete, which is “advantage, benefit.”

The word comes from the Latin word emolumentum, which means “profit” or “gain”; the literal meaning of the word is “sum paid to have grain ground up,” as it comes from the word emolere (“to grind up”).

The emoluments clause of the United States Constitution (Article 1, section 9) reads as follows: “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

Read the last paragraph... tell us, was Trump anointed King of Somalia or something?

Pardon me Rdean, but you have yet to tell us how Trump violated the emoluments clause.
Have patience peasy the shit is about to fall on trumps head,,,500 rooms to arabs ring a bell?

Oh, that's right, any day now, any day now.

We don't worship Trump like liberals worshipped Obama. But due to the constant attacks on him by the left, the right is forced to defend him at every turn.
I could care less who you worship or don't worship. Trump broke the law. That's all that matters, and he should pay for his crimes.

I am. Are you?

I am. Are you?
For your edification I posted it Hows your comprehension?

I am. Are you?
For your edification I posted it Hows your comprehension?

Quite good... again.. how did Trump violate the emoluments clause?

I am. Are you?

Then can you please explain, in as much detail as that addled brain of yours can offer, the Emoluments Clause?

Child do you seriously think they will just comply with the subpoenas? Did you even bother to read the article I posted? BTW show me where the Constitution gives the courts any jurisdiction over emoluments. You children need to learn how to read and comprehend instead of just parroting what you're told to parrot.
Child do you seriously think they will just comply with the subpoenas? Did you even bother to read the article I posted? BTW show me where the Constitution gives the courts any jurisdiction over emoluments. You children need to learn how to read and comprehend instead of just parroting what you're told to parrot.
Child do you seriously think they will just comply with the subpoenas?
So you're claiming that Trump & Co. are above the law and will defy District Court Judge Peter Messitte's ruling last July 25th as if Trump was a fucking Emperor? Foolish little boi! Where is his immunity from the law we common folk are required to follow? Pathetic thinking, Tex!
BTW show me where the Constitution gives the courts any jurisdiction over emoluments.
I've told you over and over little one, read and commit to memory what is contained within the four corners of the Great Contract with the People, but your pitiful dumb ass hasn't taken heed. Now pay attention this fucking time, little one, and check out:

Art. III, § 2;
"The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States, and treaties made, or which shall be made, under their authority;--to all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls;--to all cases of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction;--to controversies to which the United States shall be a party;--to controversies between two or more states;--between a state and citizens of another state;--between citizens of different states;--between citizens of the same state claiming lands under grants of different states, and between a state, or the citizens thereof, and foreign states, citizens or subjects.

In all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, and those in which a state shall be party, the Supreme Court shall have original jurisdiction. In all the other cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make.

The trial of all crimes, except in cases of impeachment, shall be by jury; and such trial shall be held in the state where the said crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any state, the trial shall be at such place or places as the Congress may by law have directed."
[Emphasis Added]
&
Art.VI, Cls. 2;

"This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding." [Emphasis Added]
You children need to learn how to read and comprehend instead of just parroting what you're told to parrot.
Exactly, you dim witted pile of cow flop! See ya around, little guy, and try to work up your own material rather throwing my thoughts back to cover and disguise your limitations, Tex. Now don't go to your room and take your frustrations out on another pillow, little fella'. Stop trolling my posts and you'll be rewarded with much less frustration, Lil' Tex!

So tell the class what is the federal statute which deals with emoluments? Exactly how does that statute define an emolument? Come on all knowing one, this should be a piece of cake. LMAO.
So tell the class what is the federal statute which deals with emoluments? Exactly how does that statute define an emolument? Come on all knowing one, this should be a piece of cake. LMAO.
In the Master Statute which also declares and defines your Individual Constitutional Rights you stupid fucking infantile twit. Get a 3rd grader to read and explain to you what's in those Articles, Sections and Clauses in the US Constitution I cited and how the Judicial Branch deals with those LAWS, jackass!

Troll away little Tex! Perhaps I've mistaken your pretense of ignorance for actual downright terminal stupidity, you fucking childish prick! Grow the fuck up!

The Constitution doesn't define the term "emoluments," dumbfuck. It never fails that whenever Trump-hating snowflakes are calling someone else stupid, they only demonstrate how stupid they are.

Just for your information, moron, and emolument is a gift. Payment for the use of a hotel room is not a gift.
The Constitution doesn't define the term "emoluments," dumbfuck.
You're just as fucking dumb as the Texas Fraud. As I stated the subject of emoluments are LAWS defined as the Judicial Branch deals with them. To many fucking moving parts for the minuscule blob of protoplasm passing for a brain in that over sized, vacuous cranium of yours, mouth?
What the fuck does that even mean? You're stringing random words together. Either define "emolument," or shut the fuck up.

In the Master Statute which also declares and defines your Individual Constitutional Rights you stupid fucking infantile twit. Get a 3rd grader to read and explain to you what's in those Articles, Sections and Clauses in the US Constitution I cited and how the Judicial Branch deals with those LAWS, jackass!

Troll away little Tex! Perhaps I've mistaken your pretense of ignorance for actual downright terminal stupidity, you fucking childish prick! Grow the fuck up!

They ain't too bright.
Here dull blub

It doesn't stink 1/10th as much as Mueller stinks.

So you're claiming that Trump & Co. are above the law and will defy District Court Judge Peter Messitte's ruling last July 25th as if Trump was a fucking Emperor? Foolish little boi! Where is his immunity from the law we common folk are required to follow? Pathetic thinking, Tex!
I've told you over and over little one, read and commit to memory what is contained within the four corners of the Great Contract with the People, but your pitiful dumb ass hasn't taken heed. Now pay attention this fucking time, little one, and check out:

Art. III, § 2;
"The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States, and treaties made, or which shall be made, under their authority;--to all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls;--to all cases of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction;--to controversies to which the United States shall be a party;--to controversies between two or more states;--between a state and citizens of another state;--between citizens of different states;--between citizens of the same state claiming lands under grants of different states, and between a state, or the citizens thereof, and foreign states, citizens or subjects.

In all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, and those in which a state shall be party, the Supreme Court shall have original jurisdiction. In all the other cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make.

The trial of all crimes, except in cases of impeachment, shall be by jury; and such trial shall be held in the state where the said crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any state, the trial shall be at such place or places as the Congress may by law have directed."
[Emphasis Added]
&
Art.VI, Cls. 2;

"This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding." [Emphasis Added]
Exactly, you dim witted pile of cow flop! See ya around, little guy, and try to work up your own material rather throwing my thoughts back to cover and disguise your limitations, Tex. Now don't go to your room and take your frustrations out on another pillow, little fella'. Stop trolling my posts and you'll be rewarded with much less frustration, Lil' Tex!

They ain't too bright.
Here dull blub

So you are trying to claim making a profit on a business is an "emolument?"

What a dumbfuck.

That's called paying for something. I would say it would be much more intriguing if a head of state or foreign official stayed in Trumps hotel for FREE. That would look bad. But paying for their room? Um no.

Nothing burger here.
Except Trump benefits. He will get a fine and should be impeached for profiting from his position.
Every member of Congress should be put in prison if that's the case, dumbass.

What law was that?

They ain't too bright.
Here dull blub

Still not an emolument. They received something in return. It was a perfectly legal commercial exchange.

Last edited:

Nothing burger here.

Impeached for what exactly?
Attacking the U.S. in a presidential election, then covering it up.
Trump attacked the US? Ya don't say!

Child do you seriously think they will just comply with the subpoenas?
BTW show me where the Constitution gives the courts any jurisdiction over emoluments.

Art. III, § 2;

[Emphasis Added]
&
Art.VI, Cls. 2;

You children need to learn how to read and comprehend instead of just parroting what you're told to parrot.

They ain't too bright.
How stupid they are is positively mind boggling.

Art. III, § 2;

[Emphasis Added]
&
Art.VI, Cls. 2;

They ain't too bright.
Here dull blub

Paying for a hotel room is not a gift, dumbass. The person paying the money receives something in exchange. These lawyers you quote are grossly incompetent.

Look at the definition of emolument:

a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office.

The key being FROM EMPLOYMENT OR OFFICE. Having someone stay in a hotel you owned years before you became president and them paying their tab before leaving is not a salary, fee or profit FROM EMPLOYMENT OR OFFICE. The guy would have had to pay for his room whether or not Trump was president, so it's nothing. Dead.

It's going to die flat on its face. But keep throwing out these nothing burgers. Eventually people will get tired of the boy crying wolf.

Forum List

Back