Suburban Women are Turned Off by Trump's Rhetoric

Republicans also have a balance that they have to perform. They didn't do that in 2018 and it cost them the House. The last Fox poll ad 87% of Democrats voting for Biden and 84% of Republicans would vote for Trump. Trump will have to move to the center.

House elections have nothing to do with Presidential Elections. Two different matrices, two different voting bases.

To a certain extent, yes

But for the Democrats to take over a heavily gerrymandered house, they needed a Yuge Democratic turnout

As it was, they received 9 million more votes than Republicans

Hillary only pulled 3 million more

A similar turnout will crush Trump

Or they needed to break up the Reagan coalition. President Reagan put together a coalition that consisted of rural voters and suburban voters. The suburban voters voted heavily for Democrats in 2018.

Gwinnett County was the base for Newt Gingrich's rise to power in the 80's. In 2012, Nathan Deal won the county by 12 points in his re-election effort. in 2014. In 2016, Clinton won Gwinnet by 6 points and Abrams won the county by 13 points in 2018.

In Texas, Clinton won 3 suburban House districts for the first time. 2 of the 3 House districts went Democrat. In Tarrant County Texas, Ted Cruz won by 16 points in 2012. Trump won by 8 points in 2016 and O'Rourke won by 1 in 2018.

What you are now losing are the non-governmental union voters.

What you are losing is suburban voters and especially suburban women.

according to the polls, and we know how accurate those can be.....

You confuse educated with intelligent, like most progressives do.

You confuse intelligence with voting for Trump. You also confuse not selling out your values with progressives. You are the unintelligent one.

The only value progressives care about is power.

Power is why conservatives have sold out to Trump. They have sold their sold to the devil for power.

Bullshit. We want less federal government, not more.

You want the feds breaking down people's doors if they refuse to say a guy with his dick tucked is a woman.

Bullshit. You want the federal government doing what you want. You do not want less government. These anti-abortion bills are not small government.

I do not interfere in what someone calls themselves. You want the federal government to interfere.

They are done at the State level. I, as a resident of New York am OK with the old abortion laws we had, which basically said anything goes before the 3rd trimester.

If Alabama wants to ban it, let them.

Suburban women recoil as Trump dives into racial politics

Once again another example of how the MSM biases the news and WHY the majority of Trump supporters
like me continue to point this out to those people like these suburban women!

“I just don’t like the way he talks about other people,” Evans, a 79-year-old retired data entry supervisor, said recently as she walked through a shopping mall in Brookfield, Wisconsin, days after Trump fired off a racist tweet at Democratic congresswomen.
Many professional, suburban women — a critical voting bloc in the 2020 election — recoil at the abrasive, divisive rhetoric, exposing the president to a potential wave of opposition in key battlegrounds across the country.

BUT do these "many professional, suburban women" really understand how their "emotions" are manipulated by the MSM like AP?
For example... what was the "racist tweet at Democratic congresswomen."
This is exactly the supposedly "racist" tweet:
"Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."

A) NO where did he talk about SENDING!!! He said why don't they go back... freely... no forcing..
B) Why don't they fix their places from which they came...Detroit, Somalia...etc...
C) HE asked them to come back and show us how it is done!

So where is the "RACISM" in that tweet? NO WHERE! Trump was being an honest person who was pointing out what the Bible said in Matthew 7:5.
"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. "
Women and other independent voters know what they hear from our president
Most Americans are embarrassed by how our president acts

It is his base that makes excuses and blames the media

His "base" is much larger than you think. Hillary only won the popular vote by 3 million. Trump's "base" could very well be at least 1/2 the country. Frankly, whether folks like Trump or not, the smart ones realize that voting for ANY of the Democratic candidates will doom our country. The smart ones will vote for Trump and are part of his "base". The idealogues and very impressionable believe every tweet from the president is racist and they will vote for the "free" stuff being prormised by the left.

The dumb ones will vote for Trump. Trump is dooming the country with his unnecessary trade wars. That is why Americans disapprove of is trade policies. The decent people will send Trump packing.

So, you think that Red China and other countries treat America fairly in trade? President Trump certainly doesn't think so.

Right now, the President made the decision to reduce unemployment to a 50 year low, become energy self sufficient, and to get the economy moving. If we are going to press the Red Chinese and other to treat America fairly, there is no better time. In a few year, if Trump loses, we will be stuck paying for the New Green Deal, reparations, free college and all kinds of other craziness. America will be a whole lot weaker and at Red China's tender mercies.

I read three pages, it appears to be a lot of wingnuts telling us how stupid women are.

The loss of support from suburban women is what cost the Republicans the House in these last midterm elections. If the president can't start behaving like an adult why even bother to run for reelection?

No, the Republicans lost the House in the midterm elections
because after 2 years of the never ending drama and noise
Pelosi and her ilk had created but attributed it to
Democrats no longer in a position to ‘stop the(ir)madness’

On top of the nonstop propaganda campaign
of Russian collusion and Orange Man Bad

For the love of, government has ceased to function
because of the nonsense the left has engaged in
because they don’t act like adults

Pelosi convinced naive voters that the only way
civility would be restored in Washington
was with Democrats back in power

These suburban women said what they had to
because you best believe they were white

The loss of support from suburban women is what cost the Republicans the House in these last midterm elections. If the president can't start behaving like an adult why even bother to run for reelection?

You know the text will wrap itself, right?

Republicans lost the house because they are unpopular and Trump ain't helping.

You know the text will wrap itself, right?

Republicans lost the house because they are unpopular and Trump ain't helping.
I did not and I’m too tired to edit it
even though it’s driving me nuts now that I see it

These effects have already started to show in the last midterm.

In 2016, white women supported Trump by 10 points. (53% to 43%)
In 2018, white women were dead even between Democrat candidates and Republican candidates. (49% to 49%)

That's a 10-point swing, and that's HUGE considering how big the population of white women is in the electorate. In the 2016 election, for example, they made up approximately 37% of all voters.

It'll be interesting to revisit this demographic after the election.
/——/ Link, please.

His "base" is much larger than you think. Hillary only won the popular vote by 3 million. Trump's "base" could very well be at least 1/2 the country. Frankly, whether folks like Trump or not, the smart ones realize that voting for ANY of the Democratic candidates will doom our country. The smart ones will vote for Trump and are part of his "base". The idealogues and very impressionable believe every tweet from the president is racist and they will vote for the "free" stuff being prormised by the left.
No one thinks we get services for free. We all pay for it in our taxes. The President's tweets are inappropriate to the dignity of the office. This is not a reality tv show, but it is exactly how he "plays" it. His words are not to be parsed for meaning--they are the set up for the squabble that will ensue, just like The Real Housewives of Orange County. He does it for the "clicks," the attention. He is already trying to steal all the oxygen out of the room so that no one can focus even for a minute on any of his challengers.
Dems--it is time to pay attention to this and IGNORE him as you would any troll.

Most of your base thinks someone else will pay for it. They don't think their taxes will go up for it, it will be the "bad people" paying for it.
Apparently, Republicans can also be gullible. They believed that their new tax program would bring in even more revenue because the economy would be so BOOMING that even though there were big tax cuts for businesses and the wealthy, it would more than make up for it.
/—-/ since corporate tax hikes increases costs to consumers and creates inflation, how much more do you want to pay for stuff to bring in more revenue?

No they don't. Corporations have gotten big tax cuts and I haven't seen any price cuts. Hershey recently announced a price increase just in time for Halloween.
/——/ That’s your price index— candy bars???? Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

Republicans also have a balance that they have to perform. They didn't do that in 2018 and it cost them the House. The last Fox poll ad 87% of Democrats voting for Biden and 84% of Republicans would vote for Trump. Trump will have to move to the center.

House elections have nothing to do with Presidential Elections. Two different matrices, two different voting bases.

To a certain extent, yes

But for the Democrats to take over a heavily gerrymandered house, they needed a Yuge Democratic turnout

Or they needed to break up the Reagan coalition. President Reagan put together a coalition that consisted of rural voters and suburban voters. The suburban voters voted heavily for Democrats in 2018.

Gwinnett County was the base for Newt Gingrich's rise to power in the 80's. In 2012, Nathan Deal won the county by 12 points in his re-election effort. in 2014. In 2016, Clinton won Gwinnet by 6 points and Abrams won the county by 13 points in 2018.

In Texas, Clinton won 3 suburban House districts for the first time. 2 of the 3 House districts went Democrat. In Tarrant County Texas, Ted Cruz won by 16 points in 2012. Trump won by 8 points in 2016 and O'Rourke won by 1 in 2018.

White suburban female voter here. I will NEVER vote for Trump. Mine will be a vote against Trump.

I don't think, at this point, there is anything the Republican party could do to ever get my vote again. The mindless support of every single vile thing perpetrated on us by Trump is simply unforgivable.

There's NO way President Trump is losing white women on a significant scale right?

I CANNOT see the majority white women supporting a turban wearing Somali, other Muslim congresswomen, and liberal white & black women who want to give America away to ILLEGAL aliens!!

I can. Trump's attacks on them increase their chances to win re-election by creating sympathy for them.
So can I. Why does anyone think white women won't be next on Trump's attack list?

To a certain extent, yes

White suburban female voter here. I will NEVER vote for Trump. Mine will be a vote against Trump.

I don't think, at this point, there is anything the Republican party could do to ever get my vote again. The mindless support of every single vile thing perpetrated on us by Trump is simply unforgivable.

Enjoy the next 5.5 years of Trump.

To a certain extent, yes

I live on the border. If things get too bad, I'll wait it out sitting on the beach with a beer in Rosarito.

I live on the border. If things get too bad, I'll wait it out sitting on the beach with a beer in Rosarito.

Too bad? Things are going well, much to your disappointment.

To a certain extent, yes

He will be tweeting complaining he really won

Trumps antics solidify his base

But it is independent women and men who will decide close elections. With a booming economy, Trump should be a shoe-in for re-election.
But he constantly shows himself to be unfit to be president.

Makes 2020 that much more difficult

I've been a registered Independent since 1978. I'm a woman and live in the suburbs.

There is absolutely no way I would ever vote for trump.

trump has sent me running in horror from republicans.

What specific actions has President Trump taken... please be specific as I would like to as a rational person to understand what exactly...specifically Trump has done.
Just to give you help...
Do you think Trump is anti-immigrant as the 82,900 results of a Google search for "Trump anti-immigrant" indicates... or
is "Trump anti-illegal immigrant" as 506 Google results indicate?
Now consider that Trump is married to an immigrant, his Grandmother was an immigrant, his daughter is Jewish and he has a jewish son-in-law.
So again based on the MSM Trump is "anti-immigrant" as these 82,900 results report?

Notice how everything Democrats say involves race and sex baiting?

This thread is just another example

That is because Trump is racist and sexist.

Liar. Where is your proof? To be stupid and a liar isn't a good look, just saying.

You are the stupid liar. That is something that all Trump supporters share.

You are a liar and as proof, you cannot provide even one example of racism from Trump. Do it or be a man and admit you are lying.

Suburban women need to be a little more intelligent with their decisions. Trump says to the suburban woman as he leaves the house, " You're lucky to be with me. I left you a thousand dollars on the table. Gotta go". The sensitive Democrat says " You know I love you and I would do anything for you but we're into some hard times darling. I hope it won't be too much trouble for you and the kids to do without ice cream for a while. I promise things will get better sweetheart". So what do you want. A safe and prosperous life with a sometimes gruff person or a life of poverty and uncertainty with a complete gentleman and romantic. How do your kids feel? Trump has made suburbia much more prosperous and safe. Viva Trump.

I'm not sure what women this article is getting it's info from. Most of the women I have conversed with are strong supporters of Trump's policies. They may not be in love with Trump the person. But his policies will easily get him re-elected.

Rush Limbaugh does not claim the people he talks to on the phone are representative of all Americans yet you claim the women you talk to represents all American women. Figures do not lie. Women especially suburban women have supported the Democrats in larger numbers than they supported Clinton.

Forum List

Back