Suburban Women are Turned Off by Trump's Rhetoric

The loss of support from suburban women is what cost the Republicans the House in these last midterm elections. If the president can't start behaving like an adult why even bother to run for reelection?

Suburban women recoil as Trump dives into racial politics

Yeah and Trump has no path to victory.

He isn’t saying or doing anything worse than when he won in 2016. I live in the suburbs, I’m married to a suburban woman, I know plenty of them. That poll is bull shit.

The difference is that Hillary Clinton's negatives were nearly as high as Trump's. 29% of voters in 2016 saw BOTH Clinton and Trump as dishonest and untrustworthy. It is no surprise that 25% were voting against the other candidate.

You are bullshit. The fact is that Democrats took over the House by winning House seats in the suburbs. That included red states such as SC, Oklahoma and Texas. Maybe you need to read the news occasionally. Democrats won the House.

I will note that anecdotal stories really don't carry much weight.

My wife has voted (R) since her first election in 1984. She couldn't bring herself to vote for Trump. She would really like to see a female become president but she also couldn't bring herself to vote for Hillary either.

Like me she voted Stein.

Notice how everything Democrats say involves race and sex baiting?

This thread is just another example

That is because Trump is racist and sexist.
Standard NPC type comment.

Because it happens to be true. Democrats have a huge advantage over the GOP in race relations.
If you see nothing but race and gender, I suppose that could be true

You refuse to recognize Trump's racist and sexist remarks. That makes you a racist and sexist.

The loss of support from suburban women is what cost the Republicans the House in these last midterm elections. If the president can't start behaving like an adult why even bother to run for reelection?

Apologies, I read your title as "subterranean" women and was half expecting discussion about H.G. Wells' Morloks or voter registration of the (un) dead. That said, we happen to live (most of us) inside the "sandwich" of civilization. We're in between a top and bottom bun, somewhere around the mayo slick pieces of lettuce or dill pickle slices, where those above us (on the top bun) expect us to behave with a certain decorum in our daily lives, and those below us (the bottom bun) envy and despise us when we do. But no man or woman or even President of these here United States is really more "adult" behaving than any other; least not when the standard for "adult" has fallen so low (below the lettuce and pickles even) these days. Gunslinger or gang boss, never change Mr. President, never change!
Looks to me like he's going to lose. He's in hot water already, if the polls are anywhere close to accurate, and he's got another year to run his mouth and act like an asshole. I'm hoping for an historic landslide loss for him. Vote the bum out.
Will you vote for Trump?
Ninety-four percent of Democrats, 57% of Independents and 10% of Republicans are in the "definitely not" category.

Overall, the poll found 38% approve of Trump's performance in office, while 57% give him a thumbs-down.

Several national polls in the past two days have yielded similar results. A CBS News survey found Trump with an approval rating of 41%, while a Politico/Morning Consult poll put his approval at 42%. Monmouth University, in its latest poll, had 40% approval.

In each national survey, more than 50% of those polled disapprove of the President's performance.

National poll: 54% will 'definitely not' vote for Trump

K

Because it happens to be true. Democrats have a huge advantage over the GOP in race relations.

You refuse to recognize Trump's racist and sexist remarks. That makes you a racist and sexist.
:abgg2q.jpg: unless you see things my way, that makes you a racist/sexist.

Its post like this I try to explain to people, why in this era, being an American and voting for Democrats is like being a jew and voting for nazis.

More propaganda from the Marxist media.

Many professional, suburban women — a critical voting bloc in the 2020 election — recoil at the abrasive, divisive rhetoric, exposing the president to a potential wave of opposition in key battlegrounds across the country.”

The article then goes on to say they didn’t vote for him last time, hated him already and were now ashamed to be Americans.

They then interviewed a few women who were “Democrat leaning” or “voted for Clinton reluctantly” but were shopping in an “affluent area” and were now...wait for it...STILL not going to vote for Trump!

Especially convincing was a “63-year-old registered Democrat” who excreted words of wisdom before “she pushed her shopping cart into an upscale grocery store in Newtown.”

These liberals, especially the millennial airheads journalism schools churn out now, are incredibly shallow and desperate to join the ranks of their betters.

But their blindness helps us. They still think that their love and loyalty and imitation of “affluent suburbs” means something to real people.
They will be as shocked in 2020 as they were in 2016 by what working people do again.

“But but but...affluent women with shopping carts said....”
Affluent women have the maid do the shopping.

More propaganda from the Marxist media.

Many professional, suburban women — a critical voting bloc in the 2020 election — recoil at the abrasive, divisive rhetoric, exposing the president to a potential wave of opposition in key battlegrounds across the country.”

The article then goes on to say they didn’t vote for him last time, hated him already and were now ashamed to be Americans.

They then interviewed a few women who were “Democrat leaning” or “voted for Clinton reluctantly” but were shopping in an “affluent area” and were now...wait for it...STILL not going to vote for Trump!

Especially convincing was a “63-year-old registered Democrat” who excreted words of wisdom before “she pushed her shopping cart into an upscale grocery store in Newtown.”

These liberals, especially the millennial airheads journalism schools churn out now, are incredibly shallow and desperate to join the ranks of their betters.

But their blindness helps us. They still think that their love and loyalty and imitation of “affluent suburbs” means something to real people.
They will be as shocked in 2020 as they were in 2016 by what working people do again.

“But but but...affluent women with shopping carts said....”
Affluent women have the maid do the shopping.

Yeah they are lying. But what else from a corrupt media?

The House going to the Dems has turned out to be a good thing.
It has exposed today's Democrat Party truly living in cuckooland!!!

But they will still vote for him....their kitchens are flush with food their bills are paid and the kids are in new school clothes....no more hand me downs or goodwill clothing for the first day of school....women are happy even if Trump's words are not their favorite words....I see him as fighting the liars and thieves that have made life so difficult in the past....and I encourage him to keep on exposing our nations worst....

Women are not happy. They are extremely negative towards Trump. The latest Fox News poll shows that 40% of women rate the economy as good or excellent. 38% say it is fair while 20% say it is poor. Overall, 51% say it good or excellent, 32% say it is fair and 15% say it is poor.
I don't know a lot of Trump supporting women that would admit their support for Trump to a pollster...so polls are totally wrong when polling for Trump support...Women are not stupid...they know they don't have to like a leader as long as he leads effectively....they liked Obama and look what that got them...an under paying POS job and an out of work husband and dwindling bank accounts....
You libs need to stop thinking that Twitter is the real world...its not....

Polls predicted that Donald Trump had "no path to victory" in 2016.

Enough said.

Yeah and Trump has no path to victory.

He isn’t saying or doing anything worse than when he won in 2016. I live in the suburbs, I’m married to a suburban woman, I know plenty of them. That poll is bull shit.

The difference is that Hillary Clinton's negatives were nearly as high as Trump's. 29% of voters in 2016 saw BOTH Clinton and Trump as dishonest and untrustworthy. It is no surprise that 25% were voting against the other candidate.

You are bullshit. The fact is that Democrats took over the House by winning House seats in the suburbs. That included red states such as SC, Oklahoma and Texas. Maybe you need to read the news occasionally. Democrats won the House.

I will note that anecdotal stories really don't carry much weight.

My wife has voted (R) since her first election in 1984. She couldn't bring herself to vote for Trump. She would really like to see a female become president but she also couldn't bring herself to vote for Hillary either.

Like me she voted Stein.

Facts are facts. I had never voted for a Democrat until 2018 and the first President I voted for was Ronald Reagan who was a great President. In 2018, Democrats won the House largely because of suburban voters. Democrats even won suburban seats in states that Trump carried like SC, Oklahoma, Georgia and Texas. In most instances they beat entrenched Republican incumbents. I voted for Evan McMullen in 2016.

You gotta wonder how the hell the mainstream media has any credibility left. The A.P. makes a blanket statement about the President's support based on "interviews" of unnamed women in suburban Phila.. The angry left eats it up like pablum. No surprises here.

Once again another example of how the MSM biases the news and WHY the majority of Trump supporters
like me continue to point this out to those people like these suburban women!

“I just don’t like the way he talks about other people,” Evans, a 79-year-old retired data entry supervisor, said recently as she walked through a shopping mall in Brookfield, Wisconsin, days after Trump fired off a racist tweet at Democratic congresswomen.
Many professional, suburban women — a critical voting bloc in the 2020 election — recoil at the abrasive, divisive rhetoric, exposing the president to a potential wave of opposition in key battlegrounds across the country.

BUT do these "many professional, suburban women" really understand how their "emotions" are manipulated by the MSM like AP?
For example... what was the "racist tweet at Democratic congresswomen."
This is exactly the supposedly "racist" tweet:
"Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."

A) NO where did he talk about SENDING!!! He said why don't they go back... freely... no forcing..
B) Why don't they fix their places from which they came...Detroit, Somalia...etc...
C) HE asked them to come back and show us how it is done!

So where is the "RACISM" in that tweet? NO WHERE! Trump was being an honest person who was pointing out what the Bible said in Matthew 7:5.
"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. "
Women and other independent voters know what they hear from our president
Most Americans are embarrassed by how our president acts

It is his base that makes excuses and blames the media
Those women won't put their lives on the line for their convictions. They are helping to bring us all down. They are a detriment to their own lifestyles. They don't deserve to be protected by men. And many men will not anymore.

You are bringing us down. The Republican Party was great under Ronald Reagan. It was optimistic and about finding conservative ways to run the country. Today it is about fostering hate and dividing people. Women need some protection FROM men. That is what we learned from the Kavanaugh hearings. If you are a powerful man, you can get away with sexually assaulting a woman.

It is my observation around DC that many women are very busy and would rather believe kind hearted intentions over cold hard facts.

Having compassion is a strength not a weakness. Your cold hard facts are not cold hard facts. They are mostly lies.

America going great while liberals way out on the emotional tangent limb.

Neither is neither

Once again another example of how the MSM biases the news and WHY the majority of Trump supporters

“I just don’t like the way he talks about other people,” Evans, a 79-year-old retired data entry supervisor, said recently as she walked through a shopping mall in Brookfield, Wisconsin, days after Trump fired off a racist tweet at Democratic congresswomen.
Many professional, suburban women — a critical voting bloc in the 2020 election — recoil at the abrasive, divisive rhetoric, exposing the president to a potential wave of opposition in key battlegrounds across the country.

BUT do these "many professional, suburban women" really understand how their "emotions" are manipulated by the MSM like AP?
"Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."

A) NO where did he talk about SENDING!!! He said why don't they go back... freely... no forcing..
B) Why don't they fix their places from which they came...Detroit, Somalia...etc...

So where is the "RACISM" in that tweet? NO WHERE! Trump was being an honest person who was pointing out what the Bible said in Matthew 7:5.
"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. "

You are right! Trump does embarrass us sometimes. Remember he's a human. Not perfect like Obama...i.e. a God who told us when Obama was nominated:
“the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.”
Is Barack Obama the Messiah?: "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..."

And you are right... the media is to be blamed. There is NO excuse for the MSM to constantly berate law enforcement, law abiding Americans and to tear down
our country. Thank God we have Trump who like millions of us believe America is better BECAUSE of "LEGAL" immigrants... not illegal immigrants!
Remember Trump is married to a "LEGAL" immigrant so when the MSM claims "Trump anti-immigrant"... why do idiots believe that? Trump like millions like us
with relatives or who ARE "LEGAL" immigrants love America and follow the laws. But when Google shows 65,000 results for "Trump anti-immigrant" but only 525 results for "Trump anti-illegal immigrants"... you tell me where the bias of the MEDIA stands! Really ... 65,000 vs 525? To me that's solid concrete proof that
Google, the MSM, etc. are biased!

Trump does it deliberately. It is about pleasing his base and the rest of the country can go to hell.

Holding law enforcement accountable is not tearing down the country. We have seen local officers engage in conduct that even their departments have had to condemn. The Border Patrol and ICE are running detention facilities that the IG for Homeland Security has said are deplorable. Trump is anti-immigrant. e ignores laws involving immigration and makes up his own like he is a king. Telling the truth is not biased. You are the one who is biased.

Those women won't put their lives on the line for their convictions. They are helping to bring us all down. They are a detriment to their own lifestyles. They don't deserve to be protected by men. And many men will not anymore.

You are bringing us down. The Republican Party was great under Ronald Reagan. It was optimistic and about finding conservative ways to run the country. Today it is about fostering hate and dividing people. Women need some protection FROM men. That is what we learned from the Kavanaugh hearings. If you are a powerful man, you can get away with sexually assaulting a woman.

Women have the same right as men to purchase a firearm, get training and a CCW if they need to shoot a man's balls off.
What happened to the Pioneer Spirit that women used to have that helped settle our Country?

It is my observation around DC that many women are very busy and would rather believe kind hearted intentions over cold hard facts.

Having compassion is a strength not a weakness. Your cold hard facts are not cold hard facts. They are mostly lies.
No they are facts you cannot refute so you call them lies, racist, sexist. Try abandoning your identity crutches and actually develop a response.

Neither is neither

A majority of voters disagree with you.

Forum List

Back