"Suicide of the West"

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
"Suicide of the West," Jonah Goldberg argues that identity politics are dismantling the institutions essential to American society. Part political history, part expository essay, the work chronicles the evolution of Western civilization, from tribalism to liberal democratic capitalism. Goldberg argues that the latter has driven the immense improvement in quality of life over the past century and that current political trends threaten to undermine this progress.

AUDIO
www.kqed.org/forum/2010101865212/jonah-goldberg-on-how-tribalism-is-threatening-american-democracy

"Suicide of the West," Jonah Goldberg argues that identity politics are dismantling the institutions essential to American society. Part political history, part expository essay, the work chronicles the evolution of Western civilization, from tribalism to liberal democratic capitalism. Goldberg argues that the latter has driven the immense improvement in quality of life over the past century and that current political trends threaten to undermine this progress.

AUDIO
www.kqed.org/forum/2010101865212/jonah-goldberg-on-how-tribalism-is-threatening-american-democracy

In 30 years America will be minority white. At that point all the values will be gone, freedoms forgotten and the country done for. We will be resembling Brazil... IQ is dropping every year already.

We need a plan on how to secede and create a country of our own at that time. Be sure to have you drawers stashed with guns when the time comes...

Political hacks arguing their point of view?

Never!

Seriously tho. When you start getting outsiders with this point of view the left will not only take note, they will shit themselves

"Suicide of the West," Jonah Goldberg argues that identity politics are dismantling the institutions essential to American society.
Well, that's the point of it.

Divide & conquer, fundamentally change the country.

AUDIO

In 30 years America will be minority white. At that point all the values will be gone, freedoms forgotten and the country done for. .......

Why?

AUDIO

In 30 years America will be minority white. At that point all the values will be gone, freedoms forgotten and the country done for. .......

Why?

Because as much as I like many of those folks, they have never ran a successful first world society. There won't be exceptions... just look at how they vote now, 90% democrat.

We need a plan on how to secede and create a country of our own .......

Who is "we," and what land do you imagine for this fantasy country of 'yours'? Better not be thinking about land that is part of these UNITED States. That didn't work out too well for the last group of idiots who tried it.

AUDIO

Why?

Because as much as I like many of those folks, they have never ran [sic] a successful first world society. .....

It might be a good idea to master your first language before judging "those folks."

We need a plan on how to secede and create a country of our own .......

Who is "we," and what land do you imagine for this fantasy country of 'yours'? Better not be thinking about land that is part of these UNITED States. That didn't work out too well for the last group of idiots who tried it.

Well I am actually talking about Americans, or people who prefer a free country. In 30 years the notion of an American will be very different.

And how this will be done is obviously that there will be some areas, possibly states populated with Americans who prefer their freedoms. This area will simply secede as the rest of country delves into a never ending chaos. All the others will of course try to get in the paradise of freedoms, but there will be a wall so massive that even Trump can only dream of it.

.... In 30 years the notion of an American will be very different.

That's what some weak, frightened dopes said 30 years ago, and 30 years before that and 30 years before that, etc.

Except just in my last post I outlined why. The people who vote 90% democrat will be majority in this country. The people who have never ran a successful society, only hell holes.

The 30 years was selected precisely so that these people will be the majority in that time.

And how this will be done is obviously that there will be some areas, possibly states populated with Americans who prefer their freedoms. This area will simply secede ....

Not gonna happen. The last bunch of dopes who tried were beaten down like the dogs they were.

That's what some weak, frightened dopes said 30 years ago, and 30 years before that and 30 years before that, etc.

Except just in my last post I outlined why. ......

So did the whiners from before and before and before. Here we still are.

That's what they said just before the fall of Rome, as it was being called. If you have some ACTUAL input as to why my prediction isn't credible, now is the time to present it.

The changing demographics and the voting patterns and the results of said voting patterns are all well documented.

Except just in my last post I outlined why. ......

So did the whiners from before and before and before. Here we still are.

That's what they said just before the fall of Rome, as it was being called. If you have some ACTUAL input as to why my prediction isn't credible, now is the time to present it.

They said all that too. Come back in 30 years and grovel in apology. In the meantime, my country will carry on regardless of weak, un-American doomsayers.

As I thought no arguments, just burying one's head in the ground. How do you envision the America where whites will be a minority? The lations will just magically assume the American values of freedom. That's some good dope you are smoking.

The situation has grown worse and worse in the last 30 and 60 years.

Last edited:

As I thought no arguments, just burying one's head in the ground. How do you envision the America where whites will be a minority? They will just magically assume the American values of freedom. That's some good dope you are smoking.

Over 100 years ago a bunch of dumbasses oh-so-earnestly declared the exact same bullshit. Formed their own political party and everything. History brushed them aside like the irrelevant, frightened little animals they were, and my great nation carried on.

As I thought no arguments, just burying one's head in the ground. How do you envision the America where whites will be a minority? They will just magically assume the American values of freedom. That's some good dope you are smoking.

Over 100 years ago a bunch of dumbasses oh-so-earnestly declared the exact same bullshit. Formed their own political party and everything. History brushed them aside like the irrelevant, frightened little animals they were, and my great nation carried on.

Are you at some point going to give an actual argument rather than saying that some dumbass made wrong predictions 100 years ago? You would have to show me WHERE my deduction goes wrong. Note that I do not believe in magic, so if your answer is magic... or aliens for that matter... I won't be buying.

Relying on history, every time the kind of mass migration has happened the destruction of the nation has soon followed. History is on my side, not yours. It's dumb to believe that people magically change their behavior...

Are you at some point going to give an actual argument rather than saying that some dumbass made wrong predictions 100 years ago? You have to show me WHERE my deduction goes wrong. Note that I do not believe in magic, so if your answer is magic... or aliens for that matter... I won't be buying.
This is just a blip. All of a sudden with the internet people to lazy to get off the couch feel as though they have a say in politics. Now with the lazy thinking they know every thing it has caused more arguments than before but it is a novelty that will ware off. When wanna be politicians with 70 iq's realize it is not easy and things are not so black and white they will get bored and go back to what ever they were doing before and those who actually work in or with governemt will be left to take ovr again. Waht people do not see is that our Reps are not as crazy as the voting populace, they still do things with people of other parties and every once in a while they will work togehter to solve real problems.

Forum List

Back