Sunni man ADMITS the goal of Islam is to take over non Islamic Countries

I like being decadent and depraved though.:razz:
When the U.S. becomes an Islamic state with Sharia Law.

I will try to get you an exemption so you can continue your life style. :cool:

:eek:

Tell Sunni man that I am going to need one too!:(

There is no hope for the Christians. They are too busy screaming at the violent radicals while the "sweet smooth talking" muslims set up shop here.

No hope for the Christians indeed!

Hollie -

I would agree with you that the extremists in countries like Sudan, Saudi Arabia and Nigeria are mired in the past; I think that is absolutely true.

But Muslims living all over the world have absolutely moved on from that. They are the moderate masses who are never on TV, and who many posters here don't understand exist. But step into the home of ordinary families in Cannukkale, Akko, Algiers, Jogjakarta or Dhaka and you come to understand that most Muslim familes live very much in the 21st century.

It's very strange for me to think of hanging out with a famly in Amma; the kids playing X-Box, the parents arguing about whether their school teachers were any good, the mother complaining about her boss and the father telling me how hard it was to find a decent tax accountant....I see very little 7th century about that.

Last edited:
Hollie -

I would agree with you that the extremists in countries like Sudan, Saudi Arabia and Nigeria are mired in the past; I think that is absolutely true.

But Muslims living all over the world have absolutely moved on from that. They are the moderate masses who are never on TV, and who many posters here don't understand exist. But step into the home of ordinary families in Cannukkale, Akko, Algiers, Jogjakarta or Dhaka and you come to understand that most Muslim familes live very much in the 21st century.
Who are those moderate moslems? When theocratic dictators are being voted in across the islamist world, we need to redefine our definition of "moderate".

Who are those moderate moslems? .

They are the 95%+ of ordinary Muslims right around the world.

People who aren't terrorists, who don't support terrorists, and who just live ordinary lives as practising Muslims.

I know these people exist, because I have spent significant periods of my life in Muslim countries talking to people like them, but I appreciate they don't get a lot of TV time.

Islam is not your enemy - extremism is. And there are extremists in many religions.

Who are those moderate moslems? .

They are the 95%+ of ordinary Muslims right around the world.

People who aren't terrorists, who don't support terrorists, and who just live ordinary lives as practising Muslims.

I know these people exist, because I have spent significant periods of my life in Muslim countries talking to people like them, but I appreciate they don't get a lot of TV time.

Islam is not your enemy - extremism is. And there are extremists in many religions.

I don't think you're being honest with yourself or with me. It is not the "radical" 5% of the population voting in elections across the middle east while 95% of the population sits on the sidelines. These are religious zealots. Have you read the goals of the Muslim Brotherhood?

You mean as opposed to that of an illiterate carpenter?

If you want to attack a religion (and why you would want to, I have no idea) I think you need to find something a bit more relevent than what century it began in.

A stupid non-response, as usual.

It's actually quite understandable. It is something a muslim would say. It's one of the reasons muslims are quite secure in the US someday being an islamic state.

It's a marvel to watch the US slip into islamization and the assistance islam gets from liberals. Denying Christ's divinity is the first step to conversion. Liberals think it's the first step towards secularization.

Thats the thing Katz we are in another thread where they are talking about gay marriage being legal and all that, how will that survive in an Islamic state?:confused:

Hollie -

Who are those moderate moslems? When theocratic dictators are being voted in across the islamist world, we need to redefine our definition of "moderate".

There is no such thing as a "moderate" Muslim, that would mean following Islam in moderation and you can't do that, you have to throw all your chips in when it comes to Islam. The term "moderate" Muslim is something we say in the West, they don't say that in Muslim countries.

There is no such thing as a "moderate" Muslim,.

In theory there is no such thing as a 'moderate' Catholic either - but we both know in practice some Christians do covet their neighbours wife, do lie and do steal.

It's simply mythology to say there are no moderates. It is not backed up by reality.

I don't think you're being honest with yourself or with me.

Then I can only assume your personal experience in the Islamic world far outweighs my own.

I certainly don't know your personal experiences other than what you shared earlier. But in terms of who is winning elections in the Middle East, and the ideological goals of those people, its not my personal experience that matters, rather the popular support which puts those people in power.

There is no such thing as a "moderate" Muslim,.

In theory there is no such thing as a 'moderate' Catholic either - but we both know in practice some Christians do covet their neighbours wife, do lie and do steal.

It's simply mythology to say there are no moderates. It is not backed up by reality.

I am speaking of the term "moderate Muslim", in Islam you have to either follow all of Islam or none, you can't pick and choose what pieces you like. This is what I heard from the mouths of Muslims themselves, I am not saying it is a good or bad thing but you can verify with the Muslims on this board like Sunni Man for instance, you have to be all in when it comes to Islam. Now I know there are Muslims who drink, eat pork etc. and there is a quite a few who do that, not every Muslim is a religious fanatic but if you talk to a religious Muslim they will tell you, you can't just have some Islam, has to be all.

I don't think you're being honest with yourself or with me.

Then I can only assume your personal experience in the Islamic world far outweighs my own.

I certainly don't know your personal experiences other than what you shared earlier. But in terms of who is winning elections in the Middle East, and the ideological goals of those people, its not my personal experience that matters, rather the popular support which puts those people in power.

What also matters is seeing the Islamic world not as one country, but as 18 - 20 countries. (Of which I've been to 12 or 13)

Some of those are traditionally fantastically extreme (Sudan, Nigeria, Iran) some traditionally moderate (Malaysia, Jordan, Turkey, Tunisia) and some somewhere in the middle (Egypt, Syria). Judging Islam on the example of either end of that spectrum makes little sense - it is all of these countries combined which give us a realistic image of where Islam is today.

Certainly the Muslim Brotherhood won the election, but only really because the Arab Spring vote was split between two moderate candidates. I don't think we really know how the MB will play things yet.

As a party they do worry me, but they may also go more with their moderate wing than they more strong-arm wing,

What also matters is seeing the Islamic world not as one country, but as 18 - 20 countries. (Of which I've been to 12 or 13)

Some of those are traditionally fantastically extreme (Sudan, Nigeria, Iran) some traditionally moderate (Malaysia, Jordan, Turkey, Tunisia) and some somewhere in the middle (Egypt, Syria). Judging Islam on the example of either end of that spectrum makes little sense - it is all of these countries combined which give us a realistic image of where Islam is today.

Certainly the Muslim Brotherhood won the election, but only really because the Arab Spring vote was split between two moderate candidates. I don't think we really know how the MB will play things yet.

As a party they do worry me, but they may also go more with their moderate wing than they more strong-arm wing,

Egypt will not be in the middle for too much longer, they will become 20 times more Islamic and I suspect so will Syria once Assad is gone.

]

I am speaking of the term "moderate Muslim", in Islam you have to either follow all of Islam or none, you can't pick and choose what pieces you like. This is what I heard from the mouths of Muslims themselves, I am not saying it is a good or bad thing but you can verify with the Muslims on this board like Sunni Man for instance, you have to be all in when it comes to Islam. Now I know there are Muslims who drink, eat pork etc. and there is a quite a few who do that, not every Muslim is a religious fanatic but if you talk to a religious Muslim they will tell you, you can't just have some Islam, has to be all.

I do agree with that - but I think it is also a sign that Islam has moved onwards that most Muslims these days do not take the religion too literally.

Most Muslims I have met do not drink or eat pork, but neither do they rush off to do the Haj each year. They pray, but they aren't terrbly interested in Jihad.

I think it's largely a question of human nature that most people are moderate about most things. People want good jobs, a nice home, and a nice school for their kids. Not everyone wants to be a firebrand in any society or religion.

]

I do agree with that - but I think it is also a sign that Islam has moved onwards that most Muslims these days do not take the religion too literally.

Most Muslims I have met do not drink or eat pork, but neither do they rush off to do the Haj each year. They pray, but they aren't terrbly interested in Jihad.

I think it's largely a question of human nature that most people are moderate about most things. People want good jobs, a nice home, and a nice school for their kids. Not everyone wants to be a firebrand in any society or religion.

I have met alot of Muslims who drink, fornicate with women, eat pork and go to strip clubs, if you got to a strip club next to a big university alot of their high paying patrons are from countries like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, UAE, etc etc but of course when they go home after their studies they conform back to an Islamic life style and stop with the booze and women, they have to behave when they are around other strict Muslims. I think alot of the "moderate" Muslims have the same problems.

Tell Sunni man that I am going to need one too!:(
Did I mention there would be a small monetary fee involved?? :cool:

Is this like a luxury tax??

Yo Vern, an answer to the question presented in your avatar:

Many Corporations depend on government largesse for their profits.

Secondly, there are no Libertarian Legislator - the ones who love to regulate the economy and corporations are the welfare/warfare state politicians.

Please note the Bill Gates became actively involved in politics AFTER United States v. Microsoft.

CaféAuLait;5508356 said:
I never said a word about overthrowing the government or anything like that.

So quit lying.

Just like Evanglical Christians; I want the laws changed to reflect my religious beliefs; just the same as they do.

And for this to be achieved through legal process; such as voting, the courts, and the law. :cool:

What laws would you like to see changed, if I may ask?

I think it would be fun to force South Carolina, Mississippi, and Alabama to be restricted to a Halal diet.

Hmmmm..... humus and grits?

Forum List

Back