Sunni thinks his wife is property

No it's not human trafficking because it was not against her will.

She had already agreed to marry me before the financial aspects were discussed. :cool:

Sunni I'm so glad you're on this board, you provide great entertainment.
It's wrong and immoral to go on a single date with your husband or wife before you get married, but it's perfectly moral to buy a wife.

We westerners are crazy!!!

Look, I don't make up the rules. That's just the way that it is.

No self respecting Muslim woman would get married without receiving a dowry.

Which is called "Mahr" in Islam.

Her father will set the bride price.

But will give her the money after he receives it.

The money belongs to her and the husband has no right to ask for it or to use it. :cool:

Where are 'the rules' to be found?

She had already agreed to marry me before the financial aspects were discussed. :cool:

So you can buy and sell people if they are agreeable. So, what about an infant whose 'will' has not materialized yet. Are we to assume it is perfectly legal to sell infants because they can't object?

So you can buy and sell people if they are agreeable. So, what about an infant whose 'will' has not materialized yet. Are we to assume it is perfectly legal to sell infants because they can't object?

You are one of the most retarded posters I have ever encountered on any board. :cuckoo:

I'm stunned there are so many who I thought were fairly informed who didn't realize this is a common practice in Islam.

Western/European cultures traditionally did it backwards...in OUR culture (not anymore thankfully) the BRIDE'S family was obligated to pay her HUSBAND for taking her! It's called a "dowry" and brides were chosen on the strength of their dowries.

I'm pretty sure that is due to the age old moral equivalency game that we play here. When a woman is stoned for getting raped over there, I've actually heard women from here say, 'well, we have a double standard too, and we are hypocrites as well.'

BUT there's hypocricy and then there's Hypocrisy.

People who say stupid shit like that, and there are many on this board, have no idea what it's like to be oppressed, have never been forced to do anything against their will, and have no motivation to protect the rights of others. They are typically elitist pieces of shit who think it's okay for one group of people to control another group of people, physically.

According to Islamic teachings in the Quran and hadith (sayings of prophet Muhammad), mahr is the amount to be paid by the groom to the bride at the time of marriage (nikah). It is a gift for her to spend as she wishes. It is an obligatory condition of marriage, without which nikah is incomplete. It should also be a significant amount, in proportion to the groom’s financial condition, often equal to one month’s salary or more, or several grams of gold or silver. [1] It should be given according to the social status of the bride. [2] It can be cash or another gift such as a house or other property. It is a Muslim bride’s right and the beginning of her financial empowerment, which gives her a sense of security and respect. The bride or her parents have no obligation to give a dowry, or any gift in cash or in kind. Islam makes the husband responsible for the financial obligations of a family. There is no concept of dowry in Islam, though the English term "dowry" is sometimes used to translate mahr, which can be misleading, and "bride gift" is more accurate (see also "dower" and bride price"). [3] Islamic scholars consider it as a way of emphasizing the importance of the marriage contract and preparing the husband to fulfill his marital responsibilities. [4] It also can be a form of protection against arbitrary divorce.

wikipedia.org

I'm stunned there are so many who I thought were fairly informed who didn't realize this is a common practice in Islam.

Western/European cultures traditionally did it backwards...in OUR culture (not anymore thankfully) the BRIDE'S family was obligated to pay her HUSBAND for taking her! It's called a "dowry" and brides were chosen on the strength of their dowries.

I'm pretty sure that is due to the age old moral equivalency game that we play here. When a woman is stoned for getting raped over there, I've actually heard women from here say, 'well, we have a double standard too, and we are hypocrites as well.'

BUT there's hypocricy and then there's Hypocrisy.

People who say stupid shit like that, and there are many on this board, have no idea what it's like to be oppressed, have never been forced to do anything against their will, and have no motivation to protect the rights of others. They are typically elitist pieces of shit who think it's okay for one group of people to control another group of people, physically.

Agreed.
Like the rich woman who hires the illegal immigrant, pays her $1 an hour, then charges her when she breaks a glass!~

I owe you rep.

Last edited:
According to Islamic teachings in the Quran and hadith (sayings of prophet Muhammad), mahr is the amount to be paid by the groom to the bride at the time of marriage (nikah). It is a gift for her to spend as she wishes. It is an obligatory condition of marriage, without which nikah is incomplete. It should also be a significant amount, in proportion to the groom’s financial condition, often equal to one month’s salary or more, or several grams of gold or silver. [1] It should be given according to the social status of the bride. [2] It can be cash or another gift such as a house or other property. It is a Muslim bride’s right and the beginning of her financial empowerment, which gives her a sense of security and respect. The bride or her parents have no obligation to give a dowry, or any gift in cash or in kind. Islam makes the husband responsible for the financial obligations of a family. There is no concept of dowry in Islam, though the English term "dowry" is sometimes used to translate mahr, which can be misleading, and "bride gift" is more accurate (see also "dower" and bride price"). [3] Islamic scholars consider it as a way of emphasizing the importance of the marriage contract and preparing the husband to fulfill his marital responsibilities. [4] It also can be a form of protection against arbitrary divorce.

wikipedia.org

So only the woman 'arbitrarily' divorce?s :lol:

Of course that's true. The men just take the easy way and throw rocks.

Last edited:

wikipedia.org
But that's not what you said. You said you paid your wife's father for her.

You might want to give your posts a little more thought, so you don't have to backtrack so much.

My wife is from another country.

And no, I am not going to discuss the exact amount of her bride price.

Her father was the one who set the exact number.

Little did he know I would have given him twice his asking price.

Now that we have been married for a while and I see what an obedient woman she is.

I would have gladly have given him any size herd in exchange for her. :cool:

Last edited:
Sorry that I did not word it to your grammatical satisfaction.

But if a man cannot meet the fathers bride price then the marriage most likely is not going to happen.

Although some fathers will let a prospective groom make monthly payments until the bride price is paid off. :cool:

Sorry that I did not word it to your grammatical satisfaction.

But if a man cannot meet the fathers bride price then the marriage most likely is not going to happen.

Although some fathers will let a prospective groom make monthly payments until the bride price is paid off. :cool:
You're talking about two different things, and desperately hoping no one's noticed.

Fail.

You bought your wife from her father. That's the bride price.

The mahr is what you were supposed to pay her directly. Did you?

Islam is backward and barbaric. There really is no way to deny it.

If money is paid to the bride, it is for security of the woman once they get divorced.
But in most cases money isn't paid and at wedding ceremony the woman is given 24 Carat Gold in all forms.

Male's family side gives most of Gold to the woman. Guests also give small amount of Gold, but generally they tend to give money.
After wedding, all gold is given to woman and money is given to "new family" (includes the male).

A wedding has at least 500 guests.

dugunaltintakma.jpg

vo655731283682402altind.jpg

Forum List

Back