Superbowl Ratings not so super

I watched. It was a good game. My guess is people are just tired of seeing New England.

That is because you are dishonest liberal. Many people wanted to see Brady go for 6.

If you were honest if was because of the disrespect to our flag and fallen soldiers!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I'm a liberal? That's news to me. LOL Players on my team haven't knelt since September. When they did kneel they received a ton of backlash from the fans including me. If you want to stay mad forever that's your right. I rather enjoyed all the playoff games and the Super Bowl like I do every year. btw... I watched the game with some retired military family members.

They were a little over 100 million! That is horrible. With the snow and cold gripping the country and nothing else on, not to mention the excitement around Brady going for his 6th ring, ratings should have been through the roof.

Yet they were horrible. This is the first Super Bowl I didn’t watch one snap. I apparently was the only one. Football will never be the same to me and millions of others like me.

Fuck the NFL!

Super Bowl on NBC is lowest rated in 8 years

Sp you allowed a 5 time draft dodger who trashed veteran John McCain, a Gold Star family, call a recent soldier's widow a liar & mocked every POW dupe you into thinking the kneeling was about the military?

And you missed a great game in the process.

hahahahahahahahaahahaha

You realize the season started with a boycott on behalf of the treatment of Colin Kapernic .

What treatment? He refused an offer from an NFL team and nobody else wanted a troublemaker on theirs.

If my past work history showed that I'm less than an average worker and a troublemaker to boot, guess what? I'm not going to get many job offers.

Last edited:
---- or parties in private homes, hotels, etc. And those viewers also cannot be measured. That's because humans are a social animal, and you can't measure that.

Right, and football parties started what........about three years ago?

If anything, with the push to get rid of drunken drivers on the road, more people are staying home than ever. Given the fact our population increases every year, it would make more sense that the ratings would increase instead of decrease.

Believe what you want, but I know several people who quit watching football because of the stupid kneeling. One of them in particular is a coworker of mine who is a retired Cleveland Police officer. He and his wife banned NFL games from their home the day they found out the Browns pulled their stunt. The only reason he watched that game is because he turned it on in the middle of the first quarter and didn't know what they did.

They were a little over 100 million! That is horrible. With the snow and cold gripping the country and nothing else on, not to mention the excitement around Brady going for his 6th ring, ratings should have been through the roof.

Yet they were horrible. This is the first Super Bowl I didn’t watch one snap. I apparently was the only one. Football will never be the same to me and millions of others like me.

Fuck the NFL!

Why do you care what the ratings were?

You can't enjoy the game unless everyone in America is watching?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Nope I cherish the backlash against the antiAmerican NFL!

They celebrated Medal of Honor winners at the coin toss

God Bless the NFL!

---- or parties in private homes, hotels, etc. And those viewers also cannot be measured. That's because humans are a social animal, and you can't measure that.

If anything, with the push to get rid of drunken drivers on the road, more people are staying home than ever. Given the fact our population increases every year, it would make more sense that the ratings would increase instead of decrease.

Believe what you want, but I know several people who quit watching football because of the stupid kneeling. One of them in particular is a coworker of mine who is a retired Cleveland Police officer. He and his wife banned NFL games from their home the day they found out the Browns pulled their stunt. The only reason he watched that game is because he turned it on in the middle of the first quarter and didn't know what they did.

We know the real reason people in Cleveland stopped watching the NFL

0-16

Ratings being down 7% from last year shows that some people are boycotting the NFL. But, not so many, as all TV broadcast sports ratings are down as people shift away from watching broadcast TV. Conservatives are lousy at boycotting. And, people like myself can't boycott anti-conservative businesses for their latest offense because we long ago chose alternatives.

I'm sure my streaming is tallied. But it's NOT tallied in TV ratings because that's not what Nielsen does.
I told you this twice already.

The Superbowl is a licensed and trademarked NFL product and anyone who transmits it in ANY form pays a usage fee to possess it, otherwise they are in big trouble. Even broadcast network stations estimate their coverage and numbers received in the broadcast area. All those who subscribe to, use or receive that product ARE COUNTED and tabulated by market category. EVERYTHING you do on the internet is so recorded. The amount of time you spend on this site vs. somewhere else is kept track of. AS to what you "tell" others, I'd sooner believe an ISIL terrorist where the good bets are in town for a good meal.

Fuck the NFL!

Feel better? :itsok:

:laughing0301:

Ray Lewis didn't murder anyone. He was guilty of obstruction of justice which he admitted to and paid his time. But, why let facts stand in the way of a good debate with fellow ignorant board members.

It's not a matter of ignorance as much as simply not caring enough to keep track of what Ray Lewis did or does. I simply have better things to do with my own life. But if you think you know half of what really goes on with these players and don't realize they try to keep as much as they can out of the news, then you have another thing coming.

Fuck the NFL!

I was watching "The Walking Dead" during the super bowl and not once did I see a Zombie take a knee...

Yeah, those zombies just stumble along like they are supposed to do. No variation. No individuality. Don't rock the boat. Perfect show for you.

Fuck the NFL!

Its ratings were the lowest since 2009. I forget what I figured, they were down by 7 or 9% from last year. Clearly, the NFL has hurt itself, from all of the stupid rules, players who won't salute the flag, jackass Roger Goodell, players like Ray Lewis who punched out his wife in an elevator in front of a camera, then gets an award while Brady gets suspended for a soft ball no one can prove he had anything to do with. People are fed up with the crap. We are tired of whining cry babies who make 40 million a year for 4-5 months work then bitch. We want our gladiatorial sport back with bone-crushing hits by guys that can both deliver it and TAKE it. I watched the game, but not in any way that can be tracked to add to the ratings. I still like the sport and teams, but I no longer support the NFL.

So you are talking about the ratings like they mean something, and then admit you watched the game from outside the ratings machine. Do you think you are alone?

The lowest ratings since 2009? Were they taking a knee in 2009?

When I hear people talking about snowflakes, and then abandoning a lifelong passion because some guy they don't know does something that doesn't matter, I have to laugh.

Fuck the NFL!

People have been watching online....

Ratings being down 7% from last year shows that some people are boycotting the NFL. But, not so many, as all TV broadcast sports ratings are down as people shift away from watching broadcast TV. Conservatives are lousy at boycotting. And, people like myself can't boycott anti-conservative businesses for their latest offense because we long ago chose alternatives.
Since when is watching the weekly Tampon Toss a viable alternative?

We know the real reason people in Cleveland stopped watching the NFL

0-16

To tell you the truth, they haven't played well since the original Browns left. Yet the stadium was always packed even to the last game during all their losing seasons.

Cleveland fans are the most loyal sports fans. If people here are boycotting or becoming less interested, it tells you something is really wrong.

Fuck the NFL!

Political correctness fucks up everything it touches...

Fuck the NFL!

Its ratings were the lowest since 2009. I forget what I figured, they were down by 7 or 9% from last year. Clearly, the NFL has hurt itself, from all of the stupid rules, players who won't salute the flag, jackass Roger Goodell, players like Ray Lewis who punched out his wife in an elevator in front of a camera, then gets an award while Brady gets suspended for a soft ball no one can prove he had anything to do with. People are fed up with the crap. We are tired of whining cry babies who make 40 million a year for 4-5 months work then bitch. We want our gladiatorial sport back with bone-crushing hits by guys that can both deliver it and TAKE it. I watched the game, but not in any way that can be tracked to add to the ratings. I still like the sport and teams, but I no longer support the NFL.

Not Ray Lewis. Ray Rice punched out his wife, and he did not get an award.

I'm sure my streaming is tallied. But it's NOT tallied in TV ratings because that's not what Nielsen does.
I told you this twice already.

The Superbowl is a licensed and trademarked NFL product and anyone who transmits it in ANY form pays a usage fee to possess it, otherwise they are in big trouble. Even broadcast network stations estimate their coverage and numbers received in the broadcast area. All those who subscribe to, use or receive that product ARE COUNTED and tabulated by market category. EVERYTHING you do on the internet is so recorded. The amount of time you spend on this site vs. somewhere else is kept track of. AS to what you "tell" others, I'd sooner believe an ISIL terrorist where the good bets are in town for a good meal.

And once AGAIN --- fourth time now ---- Nielsen ratings DO NOT COUNT what anybody does on the internet. They count television... terrestrial broadcast plus cable. That's it.

But that internet streaming is --- once AGAIN --- a major reason those Nielsen ratings do not reflect the level of interest from the public, Because any given member of the public DOESN'T NEED television to watch a sports event, or the news, or any number of entertainment shows, because they have those other options.

If we lived in a world where streaming did not exist, and watching a football game actually required a TV, then I would have found a way to place myself in front of somebody else's TV, most likely a local sports bar.

BUT WE DON'T.

Ergo Nielsen ratings do not, and can not, measure how interested the public is in a given event. It can only measure how much of the public uses that particular medium to access it. They do not, and can not, measure how much of the public uses some other medium to access it. Nor do they measure how many do so en masse, i.e. they could not measure me in that sports bar.

It doesn't show anything about 'boycotting' at all. There's no cause-and-effect established.

Even if such a thing were restricted to television --- it isn't but if it were --- a 'boycott' of a media broadcast never works. Can't be done. It's a medium where anybody can claim to have boycotted and nobody can prove it, meaning you can watch whatever you want and nobody can prove you did or didn't.

Besides which, any kind of controversy, real or imagined, serves to increase, not decrease, attention. Meaning even a noisy call for a boycott generates its own opposite, as you alert people who weren't really interested into being interested to see what it's all about.

That's exactly how commercial news works.

Fuck the NFL!

That was Ray Rice, not Ray Lewis. Ray Rice has been black-balled from the NFL.

Fuck the NFL!

That was Ray Rice, not Ray Lewis. Ray Rice has been black-balled from the NFL.

Hey, a Ray is a Ray. Ray Rice, Ray Walston, Ray Charles -- doesn't matter.
Two-beak doesn't traffic in stuff like "accuracy". You should see him track hurricanes.

Good catch...and you’re right. Ray Lewis was the one involved in the stabbing death of two men.

Forum List

Back