🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Supply side economics

These are the consequences of supply side economics that is from 2008 onward, going to keep Republicans out office, Because we're finished with your bullshit.
So here is the consequences of the GOP's supply side economics that is going to keep the Republicans out of the White House.
Is the following an acceptable definition of "supply side economics?"

Supply-side economics is a macroeconomic theory[1][2] which argues that economic growth can be most effectively created by investing in capital, and by lowering barriers on the production of goods and services..."

The Laffer curve illustrates a central theory of supply-side economics, that lowering tax rates may generate more government revenue than would otherwise be expected at the lower tax rate because moving off of a prohibitively high tax system could generate more economic activity, which would lead to increased opportunities for tax revenues.[10][11]

"However, the Laffer curve only measures the rate of taxation, not tax incidence, which is a stronger predictor of whether a tax code change is stimulative or dampening.[12]

"In addition, studies have shown that tax cuts done in the US in the past several decades seldom recoup revenue losses and have minimal impact on GDP growth.[13]"
Supply-side economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I guess one of the big questions about supply side is whether a cut in federal income tax rates right now would lead to a higher GDP within the next five years?

I repeat...you are an economic illiterate.

No, you are.
Every time you had your supply side economics, the middle class people suffered while the rich got richer.
Society isn't in the business of allowing businesses to make profits while the people starve.

Oh, learned one please tell us what is wrong with the rich getting richer?

Do you think they are taking the money from you?

You are free to make as much money as you want.

What is wrong with the rich getting Richer is that it creates economic inequalities, it makes the rich far too powerful, it buys elections, it buys Not Guilty Verdicts, it Buys demands from the Justice system that is too high to society effectively...

And they're not getting rich, by paying their employees.. they're getting rich by ripping people off at every turn.

And yes they are taking the money from me.
Every time I go to the store, and buy goods from them, and the fail to hire people, including myself.
And then Underpay what employees they do have.
After 8 years of Obama the rich have gotten richer and everyone else is poorer. Did Democrats practice supply side economics?
This turd doesnt know jack about economcs, and couldnt tell supply side from dark side.

During the 8 years of Obama, the people became better off... slighted though by the GOP congress with the Supply Side economics that had to be consistently vetoed.

You sound like the witch doctor of a primitive tribe.

"We must tie the evil "supply side economics" around the neck of this goat and drive it out of the village, to save us from the evils of NO REGULATIONS. Boogah Woogah!!!!"

Durr.

No, you are.
Every time you had your supply side economics, the middle class people suffered while the rich got richer.
Society isn't in the business of allowing businesses to make profits while the people starve.

What is wrong with the rich getting Richer is that it creates economic inequalities, it makes the rich far too powerful, it buys elections, it buys Not Guilty Verdicts, it Buys demands from the Justice system that is too high to society effectively...

And they're not getting rich, by paying their employees.. they're getting rich by ripping people off at every turn.

Every time I go to the store, and buy goods from them, and the fail to hire people, including myself.
After 8 years of Obama the rich have gotten richer and everyone else is poorer. Did Democrats practice supply side economics?
This turd doesnt know jack about economcs, and couldnt tell supply side from dark side.

During the 8 years of Obama, the people became better off... slighted though by the GOP congress with the Supply Side economics that had to be consistently vetoed.
Wrong.
Take away the top 5% of earners and household income is stagnant. Food stamp enrollment at an all time high. Gov't dependence at an all time high.
There was no GOP Congress before 2014, and there were no supply side measures that Obama vetoed.
SO other than being wrong on every point your post was great.

Welcome to the damage done by the GOP with their Supply Side economics.
The first level of repair is always assistance of the affected.

No, you are.

Wrong.
Take away the top 5% of earners and household income is stagnant. Food stamp enrollment at an all time high. Gov't dependence at an all time high.
There was no GOP Congress before 2014, and there were no supply side measures that Obama vetoed.

The GOP congress was put in in 2010, dipshit.

I'm not a supply-sider per se, but sheesh, that's some pretty simplistic, partisan, high school-level thinking.
Its because its a very simple issue.
No, it isn't, it's terribly complicated, multi-layered, multi-faceted, global in scope.

It isn't global, we Run America, other countries don't run America.
We are the boss here in America, not other countries.
We have a responsibility to Americans, and no responsibilities to those in other countries.
It isn't Multi Layered or Complicated, its Society and People, vs Businesses.

Its our well being, vs their new submarine yacht and gold shoes.

Excepet it's a global economy.....oh boy

Americans businesses are based here.
And we decide whether or not its a global economy, and its time we said that it isn't.
Smoot Halley seemed like such a good idea. What possibly could go wrong.

Rough Trade

These are the consequences of supply side economics that is from 2008 onward, going to keep Republicans out office, Because we're finished with your bullshit.
So here is the consequences of the GOP's supply side economics that is going to keep the Republicans out of the White House.

Supply-side economics is a macroeconomic theory[1][2] which argues that economic growth can be most effectively created by investing in capital, and by lowering barriers on the production of goods and services..."

The Laffer curve illustrates a central theory of supply-side economics, that lowering tax rates may generate more government revenue than would otherwise be expected at the lower tax rate because moving off of a prohibitively high tax system could generate more economic activity, which would lead to increased opportunities for tax revenues.[10][11]

"However, the Laffer curve only measures the rate of taxation, not tax incidence, which is a stronger predictor of whether a tax code change is stimulative or dampening.[12]

"In addition, studies have shown that tax cuts done in the US in the past several decades seldom recoup revenue losses and have minimal impact on GDP growth.[13]"
I guess one of the big questions about supply side is whether a cut in federal income tax rates right now would lead to a higher GDP within the next five years?
The more sane minds in the gop favor a tax cut on the middle class, on the theory that we lack demand and have an abundance of capital supply. Unfortunately, they were out Trumpeted.

More regulation hinders profits....your comment is an oxymoron...and you're an economic illiterate

Its not society's job to make a profit for a business.

No, you are.

You go into the store, with your pants falling down, loudly announce,
"I gots a degree in business, bitches!!", and blame your continued unemployment on Supply Side.

Does that about sum things up?

That's not even a serious question. Everyone knows the answer is yes.

"In 2012, a majority of economists surveyed rejected the viewpoint that the Laffer Curve's postulation of increased tax revenue through a rate cut would apply to federal US income taxes of the time in the medium term.

"When asked whether a 'cut in federal income tax rates in the US right now would raise taxable income enough so that the annual total tax revenue would be higher within five years than without the tax cut,' none of economists surveyed by the University of Chicago agreed.

"35% agreed with the statement 'a cut in federal income tax rates in the US right now would lead to higher GDP within five years than without the tax cut.'"[7

Not everyone.

It's proven that markets do not operate rationally, and less regulation leads to more bubbles.

This is a contrary statement.

If markets don't operate rationally, then no causal relationships can be discerned. Thus, both statements cannot be true.

It's proven that markets do not operate rationally, and less regulation leads to more bubbles.

If markets don't operate rationally, then no causal relationships can be discerned. Thus, both statements cannot be true.
It's proven that players in a market do not act rationally. Stiglitz won his noble for this. It's also a popular teaching device in macroeconomics where students "trade" in a bubble economy. Essentially they behave as did homeowners, who bought at ridiculously high prices, which were known to be in a bubble market, because they wanted to buy before the price went any higher. It's also the lesson from Hollands Tulips.

And, when markets are opaque, with some traders gaming the markets, they cannot self-regulate.

It's proven that players in a market do not act rationally. Stiglitz won his noble for this. It's also a popular teaching device in macroeconomics where students "trade" in a bubble economy. Essentially they behave as did homeowners, who bought at ridiculously high prices, which were known to be in a bubble market, because they wanted to buy before the price went any higher. It's also the lesson from Hollands Tulips.

And, when markets are opaque, with some traders gaming the markets, they cannot self-regulate.

So then, it's not that markets don't operate rationally. It's that humans fail to operate rationally.

Never has worked before.
Supply side seems to work well for 1%
Changes_Top_1%25_Share_and_Top_Marginal_Tax_Rate_v2.jpg

"Supply side economics has been criticised for benefiting high income earners. Graph shows the change in top 1% income share against the change in top income tax rate from 1975–9 to 2004–8 for 18 OECD countries. The correlation between increasing income inequality and decreasing top tax rates is very strong."

Wrong.

Welcome to the damage done by the GOP with their Supply Side economics.
The first level of repair is always assistance of the affected.
What damage done by the GOP? The Dems held Congress from 2006 on.

Wrong.

The GOP congress was put in in 2010, dipshit.
Wrong. The GOP took the House in the 2010 elections. THey didnt take the Senate until 2014.

The more sane minds in the gop favor a tax cut on the middle class, on the theory that we lack demand and have an abundance of capital supply. Unfortunately, they were out Trumpeted.
Thats Demand Side economics, a total failure every time it's been tried.

Its not society's job to make a profit for a business.

No, you are.

You go into the store, with your pants falling down, loudly announce,
"I gots a degree in business, bitches!!", and blame your continued unemployment on Supply Side.

Does that about sum things up?

Top of his class at Ray Ray's Fried Chicken & Waffles & Business School. His academic advisor was the highly esteemed Professor Pookie.

I found footage of his thesis presentation to the faculty of RRFC&W&BS

Forum List

Back