🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Support the fast food workers

I never said anything at all about CEO pay.
I stated what is going to happen when low wage earners get more pay. That's facts.

How many low wage earners can run many companies of which thousands of workers are making a very decent wage. None.
You can not compare large companies to fast food franchises. The two are very different and totally run differently.
Watch the movie "Changing Places".

McDonalds is a corporation.

McDonalds is a corporation but it does not sell hamburgers. It sells franchises and the franchise sells hamburgers. Those who work making the hamburgers have nothing to say about what the corporate executives make since they don't work for the corporation.
It all connected. Check the dots.

CEO pay has risen 875% vs 4% for american workers the past few years yet you side with the ceos. What a royalist.

I never said anything at all about CEO pay.
I stated what is going to happen when low wage earners get more pay. That's facts.

How many low wage earners can run many companies of which thousands of workers are making a very decent wage. None.
You can not compare large companies to fast food franchises. The two are very different and totally run differently.
Watch the movie "Changing Places".

McDonalds is a corporation.

Yes and they have Franchises. Owned by an individual or several individuals under that Company.
Franchises, also known as chain stores, are businesses operated under a special arrangement. Franchises are moderated industries that follow a set business model, which includes a name, an image, and a set of support services. In exchange for a set-up price and a monthly royalty payment, the franchiser, who owns the trademark of a company, licenses the brand to somebody. The buyer then opens the business and operates it, but the franchises always belong to the original creator.

The main advantage of franchises is that the businesses being operated already have a proven track record of success. Opening a McDonald's, for example, requires no market research, as the owner of the trademark will provide all necessary training and support to the franchisee. This includes site selection, help with leasing, and even business mentoring. Franchises are great choices for people who know little about business ownership and want to get started as soon as possible. They also carry a powerful image that helps push the business off the ground faster than the same business without a famous trademark would.

Provide proof please. Do you work for walmart management?

The Fast Food strikers are being organized by the Service Employees International Union.
Just think, they will get a raise and then their money will be taken by Union Dues.
Fast food strikes to massively expand: ?They?re thinking much bigger? - Salon.com

Scare tactics by exaggeration.

What scare tactics?
You asked for proof and I gave you proof.
They are being organized by the Union.

The Fast Food strikers are being organized by the Service Employees International Union.
Just think, they will get a raise and then their money will be taken by Union Dues.
Fast food strikes to massively expand: ?They?re thinking much bigger? - Salon.com

What scare tactics?

You are trying to demonize union dues. Cheaper than country club dues the ceos pay.

What scare tactics?

You are trying to demonize union dues. Cheaper than country club dues the ceos pay.

They lose two hours of payment each month.
I would rather have that money than the union.

Tell me where you think that a Franchise owner is going to get the money to pay their workers at 15.00 an hour.
Most Franchises make a profit of around $60,000.00 a year, the rest of their money goes into the products and to the Company for the use of that brand name.

What scare tactics?

Tell me where you think that a Franchise owner is going to get the money to pay their workers at 15.00 an hour.
Most Franchises make a profit of around $60,000.00 a year, the rest of their money goes into the products and to the Company for the use of that brand name.

Raise their prices. It would be healthy for the nation. Chicken egg stuff.

What scare tactics?

unions1_s640x383.jpg

Raise their prices. It would be healthy for the nation. Chicken egg stuff.

Many fast food restaurants are making healthier meals.

Raising prices cuts into sales.
What they will do is get computer screens at the counter and lay off workers.
It happens every single time that wages are raised.

I hope that Nancy is not one of the thousands of workers who be laid off because of that raise in pay, because that is exactly what is going to happen.
You will find many front counter workers replaced with computer screens.
Then where will high school and college students go to get jobs for the summer.

Just about the entire process of obtaining crappy fast food could be automated. Probably a good idea.

Not only am I not signing the petition, I'll make a point to visit the local fast food joint on strike day to support the business owners. I very seldom eat at fast food places, but in this case I must. The first time in my life that I ever had Chick Fil A was to show my support for the company when gays wanted to boycott. Now it is time to show with my wallet what my opinion is.

I sincerely hope a striker slashes your tires and/or busts you in the head with a bat.

Don't come crying if one does.

How psychotic!

I saw the 10 people who marched in NYC. There are none marching anywhere here in Florida that I've seen.

Are they union members?

How in the hell can they "strike"?

And if their pay is so damned low how can they afford to miss work?

Go right on ahead, Snookie et.al, support those $9 Big Macs and $5 "value fries"

I saw the 10 people who marched in NYC. There are none marching anywhere here in Florida that I've seen.

Are they union members?

How in the hell can they "strike"?

And if their pay is so damned low how can they afford to miss work?

Go right on ahead, Snookie et.al, support those $9 Big Macs and $5 "value fries"

I've heard there's a "Dollar Menue."

:confused:

I love how the answer is to raise prices on food that isnt worth what you pay for it now.
On top of that they cant get your order right half the time. But thats probably because the chick at the drive through doesnt speak a lick of english.
I'll stop going period because I refuse to support such a disparity in pay vs. worth.
They can all lose their jobs as far as I'm concerned.

Forum List

Back