Supreme Court Blocks Unfair Voter ID Laws

15queqq.jpg

Funny to watch Republicans pretend as though they are all about fundamental fairness and not at all interested in disenfranchising people they disagree with. Fucking hilarious.

Riddle me this.

I'm a law abiding gun owner who served over 20 years in the military, what is fair about making ME provide ID and waiting 7 days to buy a gun just because some OTHER people commit crimes with guns?

You seem to be confusing the Second Amendment with the Fifteenth Amendment.

Now watch Republicans scream about a politicized Supreme Court.

Democratic Effort Boosted as Courts Block Voter ID Laws - Bloomberg

So "fair" means the law benefits the Democrat party?

Fair means the law benefits the voters.

Not based on how liberals define it. The only voters it benefits are illegal voters.

Its not a coincidence that more people voting means more Democratic victories. While republicans do better when fewer people vote. Or are allowed to.

Think on that one.

Absentee ballot voter fraud. Voter ID wouldn't have touch it.

Which is exactly my point.

Apparently you think blacks are too stupid to apply for a voter ID!

Apparently I think in person voter fraud is virtually non-existent. Making voter ID a solution in search of a problem.

The above Ms. Richards voted in person 6 times for obuma at different voting locations.

Updated Ohio Poll Worker Voted For Obama...6 Times - Katie Pavlich

Absentee ballot voter fraud. Voter ID wouldn't have touch it.

Which is exactly my point.

Apparently you think blacks are too stupid to apply for a voter ID!

Apparently I think in person voter fraud is virtually non-existent. Making voter ID a solution in search of a problem.

The above Ms. Richards voted in person 6 times for obuma at different voting locations.

Updated Ohio Poll Worker Voted For Obama...6 Times - Katie Pavlich

All via absentee balloting. None of which Voter ID would do a thing about.

Which, again, is my point. In person voter ID fraud almost never happens. Your odds of being struck by lighting are about 10 times higher than committing in person voter fraud.

I remember when Obama was about to address a predominantly black elementary school in Florida during his first term, when Fox investigated the Secret Service protocols for our White House braveheart before he'd talk to all the seven year-old children, that the average kid, and the kid's parents or guardians, and the kid's teachers, had to have screened in all, 21 pieces of documentation for Secret Service clearance before Obama would set his cowardly ass into their classroom. And this is the same hypocrite who doesn't think voter ID cards are a good idea. If they couldn't steal elections, there wouldn't be a democratic party.

I remember when Obama was about to address a predominantly black elementary school in Florida during his first term, when Fox investigated the Secret Service protocols for our White House braveheart before he'd talk to all the seven year-old children, that the average kid, and the kid's parents or guardians, and the kid's teachers, had to have screened in all, 21 pieces of documentation for Secret Service clearance before Obama would set his cowardly ass into their classroom. And this is the same hypocrite who doesn't think voter ID cards are a good idea. If they couldn't steal elections, there wouldn't be a democratic party.

I don't think hypocrisy means what you think it means.

I don't think hypocrisy means what you think it means.

Yea, I'm sort of an illiterate kind of guy. Just listen to all the marxists around here. They'll tell you. So anyway professor, why don't you define it for me.

The story doesn't say that....
"Yes, I voted twice," Richardson told WCPO-TV. "I, after registering thousands of people, certainly wanted my vote to count, so I voted. I voted at the polls."
Authorities also are investigating if she voted in the names of four other people, too, for a total of six votes in the 2012 presidential election.

Where does it say she voted in 4 other peoples names with absentee ballots?

So "fair" means the law benefits the Democrat party?

Fair means the law benefits the voters.

Not based on how liberals define it. The only voters it benefits are illegal voters.

Its not a coincidence that more people voting means more Democratic victories. While republicans do better when fewer people vote. Or are allowed to.

Think on that one.

True, it's not a coincidence, because it means more voter fraud. Democrats wouldn't win without voter fraud.

Conservatives are as usual missing the point with regard to this issue, or intentionally attempting to avoid the point because they know it completely destroys their 'argument' in support of 'voter ID' laws.

The burden rests solely with the state in its desire to restrict, curtail, or otherwise limit a fundamental right such as voting; and absent objective, documented evidence in support of the state's desire to restrict a fundamental right, any measure seeking to limit that right is invalid.

In the case of 'voter ID' laws there is no objective, documented evidence that 'voter fraud' as a consequence of identity has changed the outcome of any election, or exists to such a degree as to undermine the integrity of the election process to justify such laws.

Indeed, voters have already verified their identity when they first registered to vote. As long as their names remain active and valid in the voter registration logs, there is no reason for a voter to further establish his identity absent evidence that a particular voter is attempting to commit fraud.

The state may not presume that every voter is guilty of committing voter fraud, where such a presumption is in fact un-Constitutional.

Explain how in the hell does having to show an ID to vote prevent anyone from voting that legally can vote?
And if it was your intention to vote that election cycle you should have already registered

If you don't have a suitable ID, or if the government specifically targets your ID so that it can't be used for voting, then you can't vote. Take....Texas. They no longer accept Student ID as valid identification for voting, despite the identification being issued by the State of Texas. But they now accept a gun license for voting. Why? They don't want students voting. And they do want gun owners voting.

There is virtually no in person voter fraud, the only kind of fraud that voter ID could possibly prevent. In the last 10 years Texas could find 2, that's right 2 cases of in person voter fraud that their voter ID laws could prevent. And please note that this is a state that has no problem with roughly 4% innocence rate in executions.

To get a student ID one must show a valid government issued photo identification. In other words, your point doesn't make any sense.

If you have to have a valid government ID to get a student ID, why deny Student ID as valid for voting?

Especially, and this is kinda important......there is virtually no in person voter fraud for voter ID laws to prevent. What's next for Texas...unicorn leash laws?

I don't know why one would deny student ID as valid for voting but it's hard to say that students are dissuaded to vote since they must have a government ID to get a student ID. Unicorn leash laws would be required if there were "virtually" no unicorns. "Virtually" means that there ARE unicorns. One can not wonder if you are referring to undocumented unicorns, unicorns with felony records or other kinds of unicorns that tend to vote democrat.

Conservatives are as usual missing the point with regard to this issue, or intentionally attempting to avoid the point because they know it completely destroys their 'argument' in support of 'voter ID' laws.

The burden rests solely with the state in its desire to restrict, curtail, or otherwise limit a fundamental right such as voting; and absent objective, documented evidence in support of the state's desire to restrict a fundamental right, any measure seeking to limit that right is invalid.

In the case of 'voter ID' laws there is no objective, documented evidence that 'voter fraud' as a consequence of identity has changed the outcome of any election, or exists to such a degree as to undermine the integrity of the election process to justify such laws.

Indeed, voters have already verified their identity when they first registered to vote. As long as their names remain active and valid in the voter registration logs, there is no reason for a voter to further establish his identity absent evidence that a particular voter is attempting to commit fraud.

The state may not presume that every voter is guilty of committing voter fraud, where such a presumption is in fact un-Constitutional.

There is of course evidence that voter fraud has changed elections. One of the better examples is the case of Al Franken who won by 312 votes while it was discovered that 1,099 felons (who are incapable of legally voting) voted. It is impossible to say how the felons voted specifically but statistically felons tend to vote democrat. Why should we allow this question mark to hang over any election when we don't have to? What so many on the left don't seem to understand (I suspect out of convenience) is that every legal vote should be counted. It is un-constitutional to cancel out legal votes with illegal votes. Voting is a right.
Voting illegally is NOT a right.
Stating that every state may not presume that every voter is committing voter fraud has nothing to do with voter ID laws. The state can not assume that everybody who buys beer is under 18 and yet laws still exist to show ones ID. It is not an accusation, it's a confirmation.

Explain how in the hell does having to show an ID to vote prevent anyone from voting that legally can vote?
And if it was your intention to vote that election cycle you should have already registered

If you don't have a suitable ID, or if the government specifically targets your ID so that it can't be used for voting, then you can't vote. Take....Texas. They no longer accept Student ID as valid identification for voting, despite the identification being issued by the State of Texas. But they now accept a gun license for voting. Why? They don't want students voting. And they do want gun owners voting.

There is virtually no in person voter fraud, the only kind of fraud that voter ID could possibly prevent. In the last 10 years Texas could find 2, that's right 2 cases of in person voter fraud that their voter ID laws could prevent. And please note that this is a state that has no problem with roughly 4% innocence rate in executions.

You are either lying or mistaken. Student ID's are issued by the individual Colleges or Universities in Texas. Gun licenses are issued by the state and a background check is conducted before they are issued.

Sure we're missing the liberal point because it's absolutely bull shit. But you should support voter ID it prevents republicans from voting more than once.

I'm old school conservative. Back when a real conservative was the smartest person in the room. Do you know what we used to call people who advocated spending taxpayer dollars on a a completely ineffective government program to solve problems they blew way out of proportion, and which only managed to place more obstacles in our lives?

Liberals.

Voter ID doesn't work but gun laws do

Check

-Geaux

To get a student ID one must show a valid government issued photo identification. In other words, your point doesn't make any sense.

If you have to have a valid government ID to get a student ID, why deny Student ID as valid for voting?

Especially, and this is kinda important......there is virtually no in person voter fraud for voter ID laws to prevent. What's next for Texas...unicorn leash laws?

I don't know why one would deny student ID as valid for voting but it's hard to say that students are dissuaded to vote since they must have a government ID to get a student ID. Unicorn leash laws would be required if there were "virtually" no unicorns. "Virtually" means that there ARE unicorns. One can not wonder if you are referring to undocumented unicorns, unicorns with felony records or other kinds of unicorns that tend to vote democrat.

Here are the requirements to get a Student ID card at Texas colleges.

Once you have completed enrollment and paid all fees, you are eligible to obtain a student ID card. It is used as your library card, to enter the Student Lounge in the Student Center and to access CTC Physical Education Center (gym). If you wish to participate in intramural sports, you are required to present a current student ID. Your first ID card is free and may be issued at registration or any time during the semester. It needs to be updated every semester.

New students: To obrtain a student ID card, you must bring your current class schedule or tuition receipt showing full payment with you. Your documentation has to include your student PEID number.

Lost/stolen ID cards: To replace a lost or stolen ID card, pay $5 to the business office in Student Services (Bldg. 119) then bring the receipt with your current class schedule to the ID card office.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back