Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again have to educate you as you keep disrespecting the First Amendment:

Cornell Law

Amendment I​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

===

The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.

Thus the question is does saying a prayer for one religion promote it over the rest?

Wanna wrestle? Run a quarter mile?
Coach always said if I couldn't whoop them on the mat, I could outrun them.

And let me guess, you never did anything that was not required to gain the coach's favor

Perhaps you do not understand what the word "private" means.

I have no desperation, I am expressing my view of this ruling.

That is all.

Why is everything about emotions with you?

Private:
belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only.

He was kneeling alone on the 50 yard line....alone, praying.
Nobody was coerced to join in.

They keep ignoring that and it is far away from the stands after a game where people normally move quickly out of the stadium.

The very thought of seeing someone over 50 feet away praying really spooks them is hilarious!

This is leftism being triggered over something so minor and I am a 32 yearlong Atheist who never prays but greatly respect the first amendment.

They keep ignoring that and it is far away from the stands after a game where people normally move quickly out of the stadium.

The very thought of seeing someone over 50 feet away praying really spooks them is hilarious!

This is leftism being triggered over something so minor and I am a 32 yearlong Atheist who never prays but greatly respect the first amendment.
Why so hateful?

I cannot wait till the Satanist get ahold of this and start to hold their version of "prayers" after a football game.
Sotomayor, in her dissent, stated that it was the schools duty to protect the students from this type of indoctrination. What a joke. She also agrees with "Drag Queen story hours" Where is that concern for the protection of our vulnerable students? If you have been following this story, the coach never required any student to take part nor did he treat one student more favorably than any other. Indeed, more students voluntarily took part after the school decided to admonish Kennedy. Is it your intention to limit their rights to worship?

Not by a long shot

Ever since School Prayer was disallowed, the Court has been clear about what “Voluntary” means

Once again, the TRUMPCourt ignores decades of precedent

It has long ago allowed prayers after school or before school or during lunchtime.

You need to catch up as you are way out of date.

Not by a long shot

Ever since School Prayer was disallowed, the Court has been clear about what “Voluntary” means

Once again, the TRUMPCourt ignores decades of precedent
"Ever since School Prayer was disallowed" So it was allowed for a very very long time, huh? :laughing0301:
Thanks, RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back