Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy lost his job 7 years ago praying on his on time after every gamem Silent prayer. Some players joined him.

Oh Well

Hope he now gets 7 years back pay with interest. Think millions after for violating his rights.

I ca

I can’t wait for the Muslims to start practicing theirs.
I see Muslims praying almost every day.

They unroll their prayer rug and face East and initiate their sacraments.

You know what I think to myself?

That it is awesome that Muslims have that kind of dedication to God and I need to have that kind if dedication in my relationship with God.

I can see young Christian students will be off and running with this decision.
If you consider going against Jesus' teachings the sign of a good Christian, anyway.

Why do you think Jesus got it all wrong when He said to go behind closed doors and pray silently in private instead of doing so in very public ways?

I see Muslims praying almost every day.

They unroll their prayer rug and face East and initiate their sacraments.

You know what I think to myself?

That it is awesome that Muslims have that kind of dedication to God and I need to have that kind if dedication in my relationship with God.

Are there a lot of Muslims in your part of Missouri?

A good place to star6 might be to open up the N.T. and read at least as far as the first 6 chapters in the very first book.

It shouldn't take you long.

The supremacist doctrine called Islam uses public prayer as a tool to intimidate. JESUS , on the other hand, encouraged His followers to form a one on one relationship with God singularly and in private.

Last edited:
Bad decision by the Court.

The Coach is a paid employee, by choosing to pray to his chosen god he is endorsing that god as part of his official duties as head coach. Endorsing one religion over all others is the first step to establishing it.

I cannot wait till the Satanist get ahold of this and start to hold their version of "prayers" after a football game.
No.

When someone becomes an employee, private or public, they do not give up their rights.

He required no one to join him nor did he coerce anyone to join him

This was the absolute correct ruling.

If you consider going against Jesus' teachings the sign of a good Christian, anyway.

Why do you think Jesus got it all wrong when He said to go behind closed doors and pray silently in private instead of doing so in very public ways?
Witness from a phone booth?

His praying in the middle of the football field at the 50-yard line.

The High School football field dimensions are:

Sports Know How

tittle-football-field-high-school-dimensions

Excerpt:

Football Field Dimensions – High School:

The dimensions of a regulation High School football field are essentially the same as a professional field with the exception of the Hash Marks and Goal Posts

Overall Dimensions – High School

High School Overall football field dimensions are as follows:

Length: 360 feet or 120 yards
Width: 160 feet or 53 1/3 yards

LINK

=====

This means he was around 100 feet from the nearest stands which likely means his prayers are not being heard at all.

:oops8:

:muahaha::muahaha::muahaha:

A win for religious freedom. For you Constitutional remedial learners: there is no "separation of church and state" in the Constitution. The 1st Amendment says ONLY that Congress cannot establish a state religion, as in the Church of England. That's it.

God with all these great rulings, I have to be like Vegetable and wear Depends it is so exciting

I think the meaning was don't pray in public if your intention is to be rewarded by your peers...for that is the only reward you will receive.

Praying in public if your intention is to honor God in a manner that can (and did) cause you persecution is not the same as what the Pharisees were being chastised for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back