Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that at all. Your agenda ends in this topic right here.

I am saying that a teacher, on his or her own, in public, is permitted to pray to whatever God they worship, and the Government cannot stop it.

If you think that a person praying in public is formal education, then you need to evaluate what you know about education.

So, does a teacher give up some rights while on the job or not?

an act of giving one's public approval or support to someone or something.

So, praying is not giving approval or support? You sure you want to stick with that?

How about when I wear my cross earrings, which I do often--you would no doubt hate that endorsement, but you realize it's a protected right, yes?

And that Muslim women can wear the hijab even though that is MOST DEFINITELY an endorsement....right?

Man, this was one bad argument.

I was responding to this comment...

When someone becomes an employee, private or public, they do not give up their rights.

Do you agree with this?

Since you won't read the opinion--which you could do and spend less time than you have ignorantly pontificating here--I will say that YES of course I cannot say whatever I like to my students, nor would I. The Court ruled that in praying quietly, the coach did not have specific duties at the time related to the players. It would be like a secondary teacher praying between classes. The district basically inflicted a "heckler's veto"--they just didn't like it and like many IGNORANT people, thought they could impose Secularism as the defacto, if not stated, religion on all govt grounds.

They cannot. That ended today. As is Constitutional.

After a football game, when everyone is going home is NOT on the job. I thought people understood the difference. Apparently, they do not.

I disagree.

As long as there players on the field or in the locker room, the coach is responsible for them. Thus he is on the job

Those are a bigger issue for sure, but not the topic of the thread. My track coach was the head of the FCA for our school. He always pushed it at practice. One day a buddy of mine that was Jewish showed up at a meeting Said he was there because he thought the coach kept him out of one of the relays because he did not come.
That is on him,he probably need to talk to the coach and asked if his perception was true and correct. I guess he will never know.

How about when I wear my cross earrings, which I do often--you would no doubt hate that endorsement, but you realize it's a protected right, yes?

And that Muslim women can wear the hijab even though that is MOST DEFINITELY an endorsement....right?

Man, this was one bad argument.

Neither of those is a endorsement. A hijab is a cultural thing as much as a religious one and lots of people war crosses for all sorts of reasons.

I am IRRATIONAL for holding a different opinion than you.

Well my friend, that speaks volumes about you.

Also, it does not disturb me in the least. Where you got this from I will never know
Many people believe the court to be irrational as well, the idea that different opinions are not tolerated is a major issue with the country today.

Since you won't read the opinion--which you could do and spend less time than you have ignorantly pontificating here--I will say that YES of course I cannot say whatever I like to my students, nor would I. The Court ruled that in praying quietly, the coach did not have specific duties at the time related to the players. It would be like a secondary teacher praying between classes. The district basically inflicted a "heckler's veto"--they just didn't like it and like many IGNORANT people, thought they could impose Secularism as the defacto, if not stated, religion on all govt grounds.

They cannot. That ended today. As is Constitutional.

Thanks! mixed in all those personal attacks is the answer to the question.

You all are so emotional about all of this

The SCOTUS didn't see it that way. And I think it was the correct ruling.

I understand that. I disagree and have expressed my views as to why.

That has really triggered some people, not sure why.

Many people believe the court to be irrational as well, the idea that different opinions are not tolerated is a major issue with the country today.

Yep, it is a major issue with the country today.

This thread is a good example, I have expressed my views of the ruling in a civil manner and yet many people are just so angry I do not agree with them.

Thanks! mixed in all those personal attacks is the answer to the question.

You all are so emotional about all of this

You didn't read the Opinion which is why you are embarrassing yourself here with bogus arguments.

You are the one who is getting emotional since you have been posing in this thread for over an hour and probably up to 25 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back