Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad decision by the Court.

The Coach is a paid employee, by choosing to pray to his chosen god he is endorsing that god as part of his official duties as head coach. Endorsing one religion over all others is the first step to establishing it.

I cannot wait till the Satanist get ahold of this and start to hold their version of "prayers" after a football game.
Let the Satanist pray by himself then. If anyone else wants to join him; feel free 👍
What if this were a Muslim praying to his “ God?” The School wouldn’t have the BALLS 🏈 to fire 🔥 him !

"Ever since School Prayer was disallowed" So it was allowed for a very very long time, huh? :laughing0301:
Thanks, RW

a lot of things were allowed for a long time, I guess we should bring them all back?

Not at all. I have expressed my views. I have not attacked anyone or made anything a personal matter.

you have done both, why is that?

Because you are being IRRATIONAL.

Can't respect people who dislike the first amendment.

Amendment I​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You ignore the bolded portion continually.

He was over 50 away from the stands praying in the middle of the empty field yet that incredibly disturbs you.

That is sad.

Well, you're going to have to live with this new ruling, GG.
I hope you can do that

Does not effect me at all except for allowing for some good discussion on this forum.

Not everything is about me.

Because you are being IRRATIONAL.

Can't respect people who dislike the first amendment.

Amendment I​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You ignore the bolded portion continually.

He was over 50 away from the stands praying in the middle of the empty field yet that incredibly disturbs you.

That is sad.

I am IRRATIONAL for holding a different opinion than you.

Well my friend, that speaks volumes about you.

Also, it does not disturb me in the least. Where you got this from I will never know

I did multiple sports in high school, players will often do things that are not "required" to stay within the good graces of the coach. So, while the coach may not require it, there is still pressure on the athletes to please the coach.
There is peer pressure everywhere, drugs, sex, alcohol, I'd be more worried about falling to those pressures over a prayer.

I am IRRATIONAL for holding a different opinion than you.

Well my friend, that speaks volumes about you.

Also, it does not disturb me in the least. Where you got this from I will never know

Now many here knows you disrespect the first amendment.

2829592563_1628504148_democratic_crybaby_seal_xlarge_xlarge.jpg

I hope you don't pass out if you see someone praying at a stop sign.

There is peer pressure everywhere, drugs, sex, alcohol, I'd be more worried about falling to those pressures over a prayer.

Those are a bigger issue for sure, but not the topic of the thread. My track coach was the head of the FCA for our school. He always pushed it at practice. One day a buddy of mine that was Jewish showed up at a meeting Said he was there because he thought the coach kept him out of one of the relays because he did not come.

Bad decision by the Court.

The Coach is a paid employee, by choosing to pray to his chosen god he is endorsing that god as part of his official duties as head coach. Endorsing one religion over all others is the first step to establishing it.

I cannot wait till the Satanist get ahold of this and start to hold their version of "prayers" after a football game.
/——-/ As long as the coach doesn’t force non believers or players of different religions to recite the prayer, I have no problem with the decision.
In my case, a sales manager who was a Fundamentalist, told his sales team they had to recite out loud his made-up prayer before the meeting began. Trouble was, one Jew and one Catholic refused. He fired them for it. Of course they won a discrimination suit and the manager was fired.

/——-/ As long as the coach doesn’t force non believers or players of different religions to recite the prayer, I have no problem with the decision.
In my case, a sales manager who was a Fundamentalist, told his sales team they had to recite out loud his made-up prayer before the meeting began. Trouble was, one Jew and one Catholic refused. He fired them for it. Of course they won a discrimination suit and the manager was fired.

A high school coach has a lot of influence over his players. While there may not be overt force for them to join in, there is always a pressure to please the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back