Supreme Court justices RIP ruling forcing states to recognize same-sex marriages - 'Threat To Religious Freedom!'

It is also a legal one which is what the court addressed, not religious marriages.
Ray, I haven't seen your posts in a long time. Have you been posting or maybe I have been elsewhere?

This is true, we haven't run into each other in quite a while. I'm doing fine and hope you are doing the same.

Correct, the court could never address the religious part of marriage. That's why they should have ordered government out of marriage completely.

If there were no benefits to marriage (civil, legal, government goodies) than the court would have never heard the case in the first place. Force government to restructure our society so there are no more benefits to being married than unmarried and problem solved. But wait! Would that actually solve the problem?

Of course not, because it has nothing to do with legalities. What it has to do with is people forcing their way of life down our throats. They are offended that most people don't "accept" their way of life, and if they can force their way of life down our throats, we would have to accept it which is a flawed way of thinking. If anything, it makes people more irritated about gay relationships.
Wrong. It has everything to do with legalities. We had religious marriage rights from the get go. It has always been about the LEGAL protections associated with civil marriage. Things like medical and legal decisions that can be made by civilly married couples. The right not to testify against your spouse, stuff like that.

I am conservative as it gets and I don't care.
I have no problem with recognizing gay marriage by the government.
I said 20 years ago there should be "two marriages"... legal and religious. (For those that want it)
A legal marriage is a recognized union between two people that provides to them numerous benefits and recognition by the government.
A religious marriage based on the two people's faith or combined faith. - This marriage, the government has no place to protect or legislate whatsoever. Including all churches and or private institutions can refuse to marry anyone they chose based on any reason.

The whole idea that the Supreme Court even has the authority to determine what the law is, is questionable to me. Where in the Constitutional does the court get to decide what the law is?
You don't know our country very well, do you? Where are you from?

I appreciate your stance.

Government should never have been involved in marriage as it is a religious institution. Contracts on the otherhand are for all so it should be a civil contract and the same for all couples wanting their marriage to be registered with the state.
So.........what have YOU actively done to eliminate civil marriages and civil marriage laws.?

I am conservative as it gets and I don't care.
I have no problem with recognizing gay marriage by the government.
I said 20 years ago there should be "two marriages"... legal and religious. (For those that want it)
A legal marriage is a recognized union between two people that provides to them numerous benefits and recognition by the government.
A religious marriage based on the two people's faith or combined faith. - This marriage, the government has no place to protect or legislate whatsoever. Including all churches and or private institutions can refuse to marry anyone they chose based on any reason.
Ironically, religious marriages have been available to gay couples for decades before civil marriages were.

dude,, a license is permission you idiot prog,,, just like a license to drive is permission to drive,,

youre a slave and dont even know it,,
Get a fucking grip. The license is to ensure that people meet the basic criteria for a legal marriage between consenting adults. Beyond that, no one can be forbidden to marry

Give me an example of what you're talking about. You can't compel anybody into anything simply because you have a marriage certificate. There is no law that states so.
So there is no law that allows married spouses to file a joint tax return, or for a surviving spouse to collect social security benefits and avoid paying an inheritance tax? Get the idea? Want more?

If there were no benefits to marriage (civil, legal, government goodies) than the court would have never heard the case in the first place. Force government to restructure our society so there are no more benefits to being married than unmarried and problem solved. But wait! Would that actually solve the problem?

Of course not, because it has nothing to do with legalities. What it has to do with is people forcing their way of life down our throats. They are offended that most people don't "accept" their way of life, and if they can force their way of life down our throats, we would have to accept it which is a flawed way of thinking. If anything, it makes people more irritated about gay relationships.
Forcing down your throat ? Really? Were you forced to get gay married. Please tell us more. No body care what you accept. Just stay the hell out of the way.

Forcing down your throat ? Really? Were you forced to get gay married. Please tell us more. No body care what you accept. Just stay the hell out of the way.

Yes, forcing it down our throats. When we voted on it in our state, it was overwhelmingly defeated. Forcing us to accept gay marriage is forcing it down our throats.

Until recently, marriage was the union between man and woman as the Bible outlines, and that's the way it should have stayed.

So there is no law that allows married spouses to file a joint tax return, or for a surviving spouse to collect social security benefits and avoid paying an inheritance tax? Get the idea? Want more?

Well there you go, government goodies. All we need to do is not allow joint tax returns and stop passing SS benefits to your spouse. After all, most married couples work today and have their own SS account. Our SS system is going broke and that would make it last a little longer.

Wrong. It has everything to do with legalities. We had religious marriage rights from the get go. It has always been about the LEGAL protections associated with civil marriage. Things like medical and legal decisions that can be made by civilly married couples. The right not to testify against your spouse, stuff like that.

Who gets to visit you in the hospital is not law, it's hospital policy. You can plea the 5th to anything in court.

Yes, forcing it down our throats. When we voted on it in our state, it was overwhelmingly defeated. Forcing us to accept gay marriage is forcing it down our throats.

Until recently, marriage was the union between man and woman as the Bible outlines, and that's the way it should have stayed.
You don't get to vote on civil rights issues. Get over it

Forum List

Back