Supreme Court overturns Texas abortion law

JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR: Can I walk through the burden a moment? There's two types of early abortion at at play here. The medical abortion, that doesn't involve any hospital procedure. A doctor prescribes two pills, and the women take the pills at home, correct?

22 MS. TOTI: Under Texas law, she must take them at the facility, but but that is otherwise correct.

<<SNIP>>

JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR: I'm sorry. 18 Is there any other medical condition by 19 taking the pills that are required to be done in 20 hospital, not as a prelude to a procedure in hospital, 21 but an independent, you know I know there are cancer 22 treatments by pills now. How many of those are required 23 to be done in front of a doctor?

MS. TOTI: None, Your Honor. There there 25 are are no other medication requirements and no other outpatient procedures that are required by law to be 2 performed in an ASC.

Transcripts of Oral Arguments -->> http://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arguments/argument_transcripts/15-274_d18e.pdf

>>>>
I was hoping to see the Texas law that says pills must be taken in front of a doctor. Are you talking about the morning after pill or something else?

The morning after pill isn't an abortion pill, it is a contraceptive meant to prevent pregnancy not end an existing pregnancy.

Medically induced abortions, such as RU-486, is a pill which ends and existing pregnancy.

>>>>
Is that the one you say requires a doctor watching you swallow it?
nope how often have you ever had to take a pill with the doctor supervising ?
unless as I suspect you've been a resident of a mental health facility .
No it's not the one? Which one is it then?
non response.

An allegation has been made that Texas law requires a doctor watch you take an abortion pill. I am trying to find out which pill? Does anyone know?

>

Not a surprise. If Texas had passed a law that says any clinic that provided oral pills and performed outpatient procedures (i.e. oral surgery, liposuction, colonoscopies, cosmetic surgery, etc.) had to have (a) admitting privileges, (c) surgical physical requirements (door size, hallway width, etc. ) and (b) located withing "X" miles from a hospital - then that would have been Constitutional.

But to target only abortion clinics for these new requirements? That it's for the "health of the woman" is hogwash. It was intended to place a burden on the woman and interfere with access.

At least be honest with the purpose of the law.

>>>>
Killing babies should be a burden.

Answering your ridiculous claim that I have had unprotected sex is deflection? You sir are retarded.
You well know I was not talking about unprotected sex in the confines of marriage.
That answer in its construction is a deflection.

Who the fuck limited my comments to the confines of marriage? I certainly did not. I wasn't born married. I had sex before marriage, SOMEHOW I managed to not get any women pregnant. Shocking I know.
see. didn't kill you to provide a straight answer,
I never had a problem with that either .. not luck, technique.

So I ask again, why aren't more liberals outraged that over 1/2 of the pregnancies in this country are unwanted pregnancies? I though yall were for education ? Why aren't you educating? Oh , probably the same reason you aren't doing a fucking thing about the violence in Chicago despite your cries about gun violence. You're selectively outraged.
red herring

Most adolescents in the United States receive some form of sex education at school at least once between grades 6 and 12.
a swing and a miss ,,,,

IT's not a red herring you dolt. HALF of all pregnancies in this country are unwanted. Obviously whatever liberal schools and lazy parents are "teaching" children isn't working.

Of course 1/2 of adults in this country are also only semi literate, which leads to a further question. Who the fuck would trust the school which can't properly teach students to read and do math to teach anyone about birth control?

I was hoping to see the Texas law that says pills must be taken in front of a doctor. Are you talking about the morning after pill or something else?

The morning after pill isn't an abortion pill, it is a contraceptive meant to prevent pregnancy not end an existing pregnancy.

Medically induced abortions, such as RU-486, is a pill which ends and existing pregnancy.

>>>>
non response.
Can't answer the question can you retard?

Just in on TV
I think its time Texas, conservatives and the politicians get out of ACA, leave women alone and focus on the real issues facing this country...like immigration, terrorism, racism, better paying jobs and our failing infastructures...not to mention global warming and its impact.

JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR: Can I walk through the burden a moment? There's two types of early abortion at at play here. The medical abortion, that doesn't involve any hospital procedure. A doctor prescribes two pills, and the women take the pills at home, correct?

22 MS. TOTI: Under Texas law, she must take them at the facility, but but that is otherwise correct.

<<SNIP>>

JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR: I'm sorry. 18 Is there any other medical condition by 19 taking the pills that are required to be done in 20 hospital, not as a prelude to a procedure in hospital, 21 but an independent, you know I know there are cancer 22 treatments by pills now. How many of those are required 23 to be done in front of a doctor?

MS. TOTI: None, Your Honor. There there 25 are are no other medication requirements and no other outpatient procedures that are required by law to be 2 performed in an ASC.

Transcripts of Oral Arguments -->> http://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arguments/argument_transcripts/15-274_d18e.pdf

>>>>

>>>>

Psst - The doctor has to induce the abortion. When mifepristone and misoprostol is given (a pill or pills), then that is the induction of an abortion.

The doctor can't give the patient the pill to take home because Sec. 171.0031 of HR2 requires that the doctor provide services and that the abortion be induced within 30 miles of a hospital where the Doctor has admitting privileges.

>>>>

>

Not a surprise. If Texas had passed a law that says any clinic that provided oral pills and performed outpatient procedures (i.e. oral surgery, liposuction, colonoscopies, cosmetic surgery, etc.) had to have (a) admitting privileges, (c) surgical physical requirements (door size, hallway width, etc. ) and (b) located withing "X" miles from a hospital - then that would have been Constitutional.

But to target only abortion clinics for these new requirements? That it's for the "health of the woman" is hogwash. It was intended to place a burden on the woman and interfere with access.

At least be honest with the purpose of the law.

>>>>
Killing babies should be a burden.
it is , any other meaningless statements you 'd like to make.?

I
Just in on TV
I think its time Texas, conservatives and the politicians get out of ACA, leave women alone and focus on the real issues facing this country...like immigration, terrorism, racism, better paying jobs and our failing infastructures...not to mention global warming and its impact.
think it's time libtards like you're sorry ass stop screwing this country up.

>>>>
non response.
I did , retard , the question is can you ?
I realize that that would take more concentration then you have,,,

An allegation has been made that Texas law requires a doctor watch you take an abortion pill. I am trying to find out which pill? Does anyone know?

The Statement was made by a Justice of the United States Supreme Court during Oral Arguments.

It wasn't an "Allegation", in addition the law requires certain things of doctors inducing an abortion. Providing mifepristone and misoprostol is inducing an a medical abortion. There were no exception in the law for induced v. surgical abortion.

83(2) HB 2 - Enrolled version - Bill Text

>>>>

I
Just in on TV
One more stalker thread from you, without sustance and I will not only place you on ignore, I will put you on blast without your being able to respond.

I
Just in on TV
One more stalker thread from you, without sustance and I will not only place you on ignore, I will put you on blast without your being able to respond.
and ruin all the fun?

non response.
I did , retard , the question is can you ?
I realize that that would take more concentration then you have,,,
You are a pig too. I am asking a person who is willing to discuss. Go to the pigpen and wait until I call you.

Forum List

Back