Supreme Court Rules Affirmative Action Illegal

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
No duh! How can anyone justify discrimination against Asians and whites for what happened 150 years ago to people long dead? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

I challenged University of California, Irvine, decades ago. First they ignored me. I will not be ignored. I persisted and threatened. They replied, "We don't have that information."
I pressed the point pointedly. "Well we have it but it's complicated." Yeah, right. I'm educated. I'll figure it out.

They sent me a bound report showing UCI admitted blacks with far lower SAT scores than any other group. Blacks graduated far less often than any other group, and when they did graduate, they took far longer than any other group.

This discrimination against everyone, pitting black students ill equipped to compete against higher ranked students denies entrance to qualified whites and Asians and denies degrees to blacks that they could have earned at less rigorous universities, such as state colleges.

The Radical Left does not actually believe in civil rights because they refuse to accept that everyone has them.

affirmativeactiondjdadadajdjadgjadgad.jpg
affirmativeactionisracistkjkkhkhkhkh.jpg
affirmativeactiongfddgdtserra2.jpg
affirmativeactionhgnhhhfhf2.jpg

No duh! How can anyone justify discrimination against Asians and whites for what happened 150 years ago to people long dead? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

I challenged University of California, Irvine, decades ago. First they ignored me. I will not be ignored. I persisted and threatened. They replied, "We don't have that information."
I pressed the point pointedly. "Well we have it but it's complicated." Yeah, right. I'm educated. I'll figure it out.

They sent me a bound report showing UCI admitted blacks with far lower SAT scores than any other group. Blacks graduated far less often than any other group, and when they did graduate, they took far longer than any other group.

This discrimination against everyone, pitting black students ill equipped to compete against higher ranked students denies entrance to qualified whites and Asians and denies degrees to blacks that they could have earned at less rigorous universities, such as state colleges.

I do think some affirmative action was necessary to break down some cultural barriers immediately after Jim Crow laws were reversed. In too many places black people were still denied opportunities by ignorant whites, etc. who regarded them as inferior.

But the black leaders should have at the same time been coaching people that okay, you have the opportunity now, take good advantage of it and show that you merit it by fitting in, being good citizens, doing your jobs well, and making yourselves valuable. Don't give them any justification to see you as second class citizens. No chips on shoulders inviting somebody to knock them off. Don't be problems to your employers or coworkers.

Then affirmative actions should have been sunset in say 48 months to five years to avoid reverse discrimination that hurt all races.

The cruelest aspect of affirmative action is that it marks the intelligent, capable, ambitious person who happens to be black as an inferior person who must have affirmative action to appear to succeed. It far too often marked good people as the 'token' black, the 'affirmative action' employee, somebody who never could have qualified on merit.

Just look at our attitudes, not entirely unjustified, at DEI picks now.

I do think some affirmative action was necessary to break down some cultural barriers immediately after Jim Crow laws were reversed. In too many places black people were still denied opportunities by ignorant whites, etc. who regarded them as inferior.

But the black leaders should have at the same time been coaching people that okay, you have the opportunity now, take good advantage of it and show that you merit it by fitting in, being good citizens, doing your jobs well, and making yourselves valuable. Don't give them any justification to see you as second class citizens. No chips on shoulders inviting somebody to knock them off. Don't be problems to your employers or coworkers.

Then affirmative actions should have been sunset in say 48 months to five years to avoid reverse discrimination that hurt all races.

The cruelest aspect of affirmative action is that it marks the intelligent, capable, ambitious person who happens to be black as an inferior person who must have affirmative action to appear to succeed. It far too often marked good people as the 'token' black, the 'affirmative action' employee, somebody who never could have qualified on merit.

Disagree. AA only created a new segregation. That new segregation has been a political opportunity for democrats and a money maker for NAACP, BET and their ilk.
Instead of affirmative action, safeguards should have been applied to prevent race-based discrimination. Assimilation should have been emphasized. Let the merit market do its work from there.

DEI is just the democrat's attempt to replace AA

World War II was far more recent than slavery in America and nobody is demanding reparations from Germany and Japan.

Disagree. AA only created a new segregation. That new segregation has been a political opportunity for democrats and a money maker for NAACP, BET and their ilk.
Instead of affirmative action, safeguards should have been applied to prevent race-based discrimination. Assimilation should have been emphasized. Let the merit market do its work from there.
Unless you have experienced the truly racist views of some segments of society in the 50s and 60s, I'm sure it is reasonable to think everybody would have eventually come around just using market influences alone. But I am a product of some of the more racist aspects of the south, and while I escaped that in my own attitudes, it was quite real. The law gave employer an out and justification for hiring black workers without having to experience the contempt and criticism of their peers for doing so.

There are still a few representatives of the old style racists around--they honestly feel black people are inferior to white people--but they have no power and do no harm. There are likely as many or more black people who honestly think they are superior to white people. :)

The new white supremacy is more subtle and tends to be just as destructive if not more so than the old Jim Crow laws. It comes from the racists who would never admit their racist attitudes but who think of black people as less capable, less intelligent than others and therefore are incapable of succeeding without Affirmative Action, DEI policies, lowering of standards so more can qualify, etc. And there are those who use black people as their useful idiots to further their own political ambitions.

I'm seeing some cracks among those people who happen to be black as I think more and more are beginning to see beyond the dogmas pushed on them and understand all that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back