Supreme Court Third Party Doctrine

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Its time to kick that shit out the door.
The third-party doctrine is a United States legal theory that holds that people who voluntarily give information to third parties—such as banks, phone companies, internet service providers (ISPs), and e-mail servers—have "no reasonable expectation of privacy." A lack of privacy protection allows the United States government to obtain information from third parties without a legal warrant and without otherwise complying with the Fourth Amendment prohibition against search and seizure without probable cause and a judicial search warrant.
Third-party doctrine - Wikipedia.

Luckily, we won the other day with a 5-4 ruling against unwarranted cell phone tracking.
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/16-402_h315.pdf
Think about "smart homes"
You can turn on appliances, close your garage door and watch your security cameras from your phone.
Does that mean, to our political activists in the SC, that we dont have privacy protections? Because that is EXACTLY what their doctrine implies.
Our own Gorsuch says the SC never gave a persuasive justification for it. I totally agree. I really like that guy!
Basically, this doctrine locks the 4th amendment out of the 21st century.
We need it gone.

The third-party doctrine is a United States legal theory that holds that people who voluntarily give information to third parties—such as banks, phone companies, internet service providers (ISPs), and e-mail servers—have "no reasonable expectation of privacy." A lack of privacy protection allows the United States government to obtain information from third parties without a legal warrant and without otherwise complying with the Fourth Amendment prohibition against search and seizure without probable cause and a judicial search warrant.

Luckily, we won the other day with a 5-4 ruling against unwarranted cell phone tracking.
You can turn on appliances, close your garage door and watch your security cameras from your phone.
Does that mean, to our political activists in the SC, that we dont have privacy protections? Because that is EXACTLY what their doctrine implies.
Our own Gorsuch says the SC never gave a persuasive justification for it. I totally agree. I really like that guy!
We need it gone.
Wasnt all this started under Obama? he kept trying to spy on everyone

We need it gone.
Obama had nothing to do with it
United States v. Miller (1976) - Wikipedia

We need it gone.

Agree 100%. While it was not the most reported on case it might have the most impact on the lives of everyday Americans.

If Trump can find another Gorsuch, I will be very happy.

Someone that can read the fucking Constitution. Amazing.

We need it gone.
Sorry i got confused with the illegal NSA spying program Obama was doing back in 2014

We need it gone.
Sorry i got confused with the illegal NSA spying program Obama was doing back in 2014

And so was Bush II back in his term, that is when it started thanks to the PATRIOT act he signed into law

We need it gone.
The NSAs programs have been unconstitutional since it was created.

We need it gone.

Without a doubt, yet it still continues.

The Third Party Doctrine is Illegal and basically states not a single person on this planet has a right to privacy unless you don't use banks, a phone, or the INTERNET and live in a grass hut.

We need it gone.

Without a doubt, yet it still continues.
Due process. Right to privacy. Private property.
Who needs it? #SupportTheNSA

Forum List

Back