Survivor. Are you watching?

Yep. Me too. The Survivor premiere immediately follows the Big Brother finale tomorrow night.

And having Hayden as one of the contestants might attract some Big Brother fans than hadn't yet become Survivor fans. :)

Last edited:
Yep. Me too. The Survivor premiere immediately follows the Big Brother finale tomorrow night.

And having Hayden as one of the contestants might attract some Big Brother fans than hadn't yet become Survivor fans. :)

He's such a cutie, and having been a winner on BB, he'll probably have a big target on his back. It will be interesting to see how relatives work on opposite teams - will they be gentler, kinder or will they choose competitiveness over family ties? I'll be watching, for sure!

It is an interesting format that will either be successful or it won't. But I wonder if we'll ever see another Survivor season with all first time participants and no retreads?

It is an interesting format that will either be successful or it won't. But I wonder if we'll ever see another Survivor season with all first time participants and no retreads?

If the returnees play their cards right, they can be carried along and protected by their alliances - that's what Big Rob did somewhat and won.

On BB one of the houseguests gave a spoiler about how far Hayden advanced. (The spoiler came from Elissa -- whose sister Rachel knows a lot of insiders at CBS.) I had to close that window so I wouldn't hear any more. lol. I like Big Brother spoilers. I do not like Survivor spoilers.

Pass the popcorn!

On BB one of the houseguests gave a spoiler about how far Hayden advanced. (The spoiler came from Elissa -- whose sister Rachel knows a lot of insiders at CBS.) I had to close that window so I wouldn't hear any more. lol. I like Big Brother spoilers. I do not like Survivor spoilers.

Pass the popcorn!
But I thought they were sworn to secrecy in Survivor?

What can I say?

I'm tempted now to google for survivor spoiler sites ... just to confirm that I have seen at least one before ... but I don't wanna. Staying far away from there. :)

Pass the popcorn!

LOL, remember the scene in Pirates of the Carribbean when Will Turner and Captain Jack Sparrow were having the sword fight.
Will Turner (incredulously): "You cheated!"
Jack Sparrow (looking exasperated): "Pirate."

Do you honestly think people who participate in a game in which you have to lie and cheat and be sneaky and underhanded to win would be honorable about keeping secrets?

Pass the popcorn!

LOL, remember the scene in Pirates of the Carribbean when Will Turner and Captain Jack Sparrow were having the sword fight.
Will Turner (incredulously): "You cheated!"
Jack Sparrow (looking exasperated): "Pirate."

Do you honestly think people who participate in a game in which you have to lie and cheat and be sneaky and underhanded to win would be honorable about keeping secrets?

It's not that I think they will keep a secret, it's that I read they signed contracts that they would not spill Survivor secrets, and I certainly think that revealing who won, or who made it to the end would be something the network wouldn't want out.

'Survivor' Agreement: Spill Secrets, Pay $5 Million--And That's Just the Beginning : TVBizwire : TVWeek - Television Industry news, TV ratings, analysis, celebrity event photos

What can I say?

I'm tempted now to google for survivor spoiler sites ... just to confirm that I have seen at least one before ... but I don't wanna. Staying far away from there. :)

There was a disclaimer to Elissa's spoiler - that she might have made it up.

There was? I didn't pay close enough attention. I just closed that window right down.

I'm going to guess that the leaks would come from production people rather than the contestants. LOL ... I'm getting super tempted to go check on spoiler sites but I will not, will not, will not, will not, will not, will not, will not, ......

Premiere of the Fall 2013 season tomorrow - Wednesday - Sept 18, 2013.

The cast: Blood vs Water

1174784_10151698790233649_2042349509_n.jpg

Jeff. Just wouldn't be the same without him.
Jeff-Probst.jpg

Kat and Hayden
1003398_10151737575913649_1891051762_n.jpg

She is a Survivor repeat - he a Big Brother winner. Boyfriend/girlfriend.

Monica and Brad
SUR27_Monica_Brad_rev_640x360.jpg

She a Survivor repeat - he a former NFL player Husband/wife

Aras and Vytas
SUR27_Aras_Vytas_h264_640x360.jpg

I think it is Vytas who is the Survivor repeat. Aras is his brother.

Tina and Katie
SUR27_Tina_Katie_v2_640x360.jpg

Tina was winner of Survivor Australia and a repeat in an all-star version - Katie is her daughter

Laura and Ciera
SUR27_Laura_Ciera_v2_640x360.jpg

Laura from Survivor Samoa - Ciera is her daughter.

Rupert and Laura
SUR27_Rupert_Laura_v2_640x360.jpg

Rupert is the repeat (4 times now) and Laura is his wife.

Tyson and Rachel
SUR27_Tyson_Rachel_v2_640x360.jpg

Tyson is the repeat - 2 seasons I think - Rachel is his wife.

Gervase and Marissa
SUR27_Gervase_Marissa_v2_640x360.jpg

Gervase is the repeat - Marissa is his niece

Colton and Celeb
SUR27_Colton_Caleb_v2_640x360.jpg

I think we all knew Colton would be back didn't we? :) Celeb is his S/O.

Candice and John
SUR27_Candice_John_v2_640x360.jpg

She's the repeat - 2 seasons - John is her husband

frankly FF, imho, they are reaching.

IMHO they started doing the seasons to close together, they have simply saturated me...I am not nearly ready yet to watch another....:doubt: despite my roaring approval last year as the right person won, this holds very little interest for me....

I loved Rupert in his first season...very piratey from the get go. It will be interesting to see if/how this changes the dynamics of the game for such players. For me, this is the king of reality shows. I will hang in to the bitter end, even if they jump the shark...going down with the ship!!

I loved Rupert in his first season...very piratey from the get go. It will be interesting to see if/how this changes the dynamics of the game for such players. For me, this is the king of reality shows. I will hang in to the bitter end, even if they jump the shark...going down with the ship!!

imho, they jumped the shark with creating exile island and going to 3 finalists etc....frankly, I watch becasue my wife does.....:redface:

But I am putting my foot down this time!:mad:

:eusa_shifty:

imho, they jumped the shark with creating exile island and going to 3 finalists etc....frankly, I watch becasue my wife does.....:redface:

But I am putting my foot down this time!:mad:

:eusa_shifty:

Suuuuure ya will.:thup: ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdf9-hRt410]Rodney Carrington - The Man Song - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah Trajan. Uh huh. :)

Hombre told me last year that the ONLY reason he would watch Dancing with the Stars was because he is a fan of Kellie Pickler. So this year was of no interest. He only knew a couple of the featured stars. He wasn't gonna watch. He sat there and watched all two hours last night--well, we DID zap the commercials--and judged every dance before the judges did. :)

I figure once a Survivor fan, you're gonna be hooked no matter what. Maybe Traj is the exception, but I watched too many fellow USMBers last year whine the entire series that it sucked, it didn't hold their interest, but they knew something about every show. :)

So I approach this season the same as I approach all of them. Curious about what will happen this year. Not expecting much, but I will be entertained just the same.

Last edited:
Survivor, BB, Amazing Race, are the only reality shows I watch, and I really like every one of them.

We also watched "Get Out Alive" which was definitely a much tougher survival experience than Survivor, but they didn't spend much time with each player so you don't really get to know them, and at the end I really didn't care who won. And, it wasn't the team members that would send them home, it was Bear Grylls, the host. I liked that they had to perform certain very difficult and risky tasks, but I still like Survivor better.

Forum List

Back