🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
Maine is more a purple, Independent state. There are a mighty lot of Republicans here.

Senator Collins liked Kavanaugh prior to these allegations being known and planned to vote for him. I think she will still vote for him. She IS receiving a lot of pressure from BOTH sides and as usual she will do what her conscience tells her is best. Collins does not bend to pressure, but she does listen and I know she is taking the hearing into account, as well as whatever information the Senate gets from an investigation.

If Senator Collins listened to Kavanaugh's performance, she will likely reject him. Not based exclusively on the testimony of Dr. Ford, but on his pathological anger, conspiracy theories and disrespect for the Ranking member of all Democratic Senators.

No one should support someone like Kavanaugh, he is unsuited to judge others, since he cannot control his emotions.

Sure, because if you spent the last two weeks been called a rapist and a predator in front of your family, friends, and the entire world you would be totally in control of your emotions, wouldn’t you? You’re such a fraud. The fact of the matter is you’re just regurgitating the same talking points as everyone else in the anti-Kavanaugh crowd. You hear pundits in the media say it and like soldiers with your marching orders you trot out and repeat it like a collective Borg. It’s so transparent it’s sad.
Just where are all the people who come out of the woodwork to say that bullying means nothing and if you let it bother you, it's your fault, not the bully-er. I hear that all the time here. Yet for Kavanaugh, it's oh those wicked Dems. The right has no problem name calling and slandering, does it under the flag of "free speech." So what's the problem with it, again? As bones says, it's not what people call you, it's what you answer to. So grow up, Kavanaugh.

"Oh those wicked Dems" is right, and when punched by a bully, you punch back twice as hard.
If you ask me, he missed.

Maine is more a purple, Independent state. There are a mighty lot of Republicans here.

Senator Collins liked Kavanaugh prior to these allegations being known and planned to vote for him. I think she will still vote for him. She IS receiving a lot of pressure from BOTH sides and as usual she will do what her conscience tells her is best. Collins does not bend to pressure, but she does listen and I know she is taking the hearing into account, as well as whatever information the Senate gets from an investigation.

If Senator Collins listened to Kavanaugh's performance, she will likely reject him. Not based exclusively on the testimony of Dr. Ford, but on his pathological anger, conspiracy theories and disrespect for the Ranking member of all Democratic Senators.

No one should support someone like Kavanaugh, he is unsuited to judge others, since he cannot control his emotions.

Sure, because if you spent the last two weeks been called a rapist and a predator in front of your family, friends, and the entire world you would be totally in control of your emotions, wouldn’t you? You’re such a fraud. The fact of the matter is you’re just regurgitating the same talking points as everyone else in the anti-Kavanaugh crowd. You hear pundits in the media say it and like soldiers with your marching orders you trot out and repeat it like a collective Borg. It’s so transparent it’s sad.
Just where are all the people who come out of the woodwork to say that bullying means nothing and if you let it bother you, it's your fault, not the bully-er. I hear that all the time here. Yet for Kavanaugh, it's oh those wicked Dems. The right has no problem name calling and slandering, does it under the flag of "free speech." So what's the problem with it, again? As bones says, it's not what people call you, it's what you answer to. So grow up, Kavanaugh.

"Oh those wicked Dems" is right, and when punched by a bully, you punch back twice as hard.

From my angle it connected well. You could feel the hate steaming off the Democrats throughout the hearing.

From my angle it connected well. You could feel the hate steaming off the Democrats throughout the hearing.
If that was your idea of appropriate tactics and an excellent outcome, I think you're sick.
You know, I caught about ten minutes of the President's rally in West Virginia Friday night, and I actually felt scared at what I was witnessing. It just happened that I tuned in when he was turning to the Kavanaugh thing, and I've never heard such full blast "enemy" speech from the President against the whole Democratic party and its voters. The smile on his face as he presented it was bad enough (he was enjoying the crowd's response) but what was scary was the thunderous boos from the crowd as they shared in his whipped up hatred against .... their own countrymen. It was like watching .... well never mind, you know what it reminded me of and it scared me to death. I turned it off. I don't want to know.

If that was your idea of appropriate tactics and an excellent outcome, I think you're sick.

Sick? How so? I left "appropriate" on the pile of useless sentiments years ago.

I've never heard such full blast "enemy" speech from the President against the whole Democratic party and its voters.

If they remain on their current path, you will hear more, and from more people. There is a limit to the nonsense people will tolerate.

what was scary was the thunderous boos from the crowd as they shared in his whipped up hatred against .... their own countrymen.

Good. I hope the Democrats are scared. One's own countrymen generally do not attempt to destroy the country. The Democratic Party is no longer based in American foundational principles, and frankly its most vocal members come across as completely bugfuck nuts.

You know, I caught about ten minutes of the President's rally in West Virginia Friday night, and I actually felt scared at what I was witnessing. It just happened that I tuned in when he was turning to the Kavanaugh thing, and I've never heard such full blast "enemy" speech from the President against the whole Democratic party and its voters. The smile on his face as he presented it was bad enough (he was enjoying the crowd's response) but what was scary was the thunderous boos from the crowd as they shared in his whipped up hatred against .... their own countrymen. It was like watching .... well never mind, you know what it reminded me of and it scared me to death. I turned it off. I don't want to know.
Trump has tapped into a deep well of ignorance, hate, and stupidity – along with unwarranted fear and resentment.

Sick? How so? I left "appropriate" on the pile of useless sentiments years ago.

I've never heard such full blast "enemy" speech from the President against the whole Democratic party and its voters.

If they remain on their current path, you will hear more, and from more people. There is a limit to the nonsense people will tolerate.

what was scary was the thunderous boos from the crowd as they shared in his whipped up hatred against .... their own countrymen.

Good. I hope the Democrats are scared. One's own countrymen generally do not attempt to destroy the country. The Democratic Party is no longer based in American foundational principles, and frankly its most vocal members come across as completely bugfuck nuts.
No one is trying to destroy the country, but as for tying up the Senate into a big, constipated knot, the Republicans started it, as far as I can tell, with their open, stated resistance to everything the last Democratic president attempted. And then there was Garland.
That is different than trying to destroy the country. It sure ain't helping, but the Republicans are equally guilty and you KNOW it.

Trump has tapped into a deep well of ignorance, hate, and stupidity – along with unwarranted fear and resentment.
It actually scared me, Clayton. Someone needs to save us.

If Susan Collins votes no she will become a GOP outcast.
I think she`s already an outcast or what they like to call a RINO. She doesn`t belong to the NRA or the KKK.

Yep. If you're not part of the right wing lunatic fringe, you're a normal person. Which makes you an outcast.

A Dem pretending to be normal.

nancy-pelosi-is-crazy.jpg

Listening to a bunch of Democrats talking about how it is a bad idea to get mad and/or cry about crap, is so over the top stupid that it isn't funny. They've been crying and pitching a fit for 2 years now.

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children. Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered. The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!
Someone's god shouldn't enter this in any way. We are not some theocracy.

Well you deny the Holocaust so anything you say on these boards is basically worthless.

For the people trying to knock out the foundations of our culture and government you probably aren’t cut out for anything except paying your taxes and keeping your mouth shut.
That a man would defend himself vigorously is a crime to them. And to question a sainted, self-proclaimed victim is the unforgivable sin.
He spoke up. He spoke back. He questioned the Cathedral.
But then agaIn so did Donald Trump. People are desperate for this all alone in their individual fights for their own families against these elites.

Yawn.... ONly in America could white males whine they don't have enough privilege.

Frankly, the guy came off as unhinged and screaming.

Yawn ....another coward pretending to not see the obvious. Go gaslight another brain dead liberal.
But it’s illustrative that you consider defending himself as a privilege he should be denied. And illustrative you can only see him as a white male.
The fact remains he didn’t retreat with his tail between his legs. Shocking enough in this age that you don’t know how to defeat him. Same with Donald Trump.
Go ahead...whine that he backsassed a certified victim. See how far it gets you. I think those days are ending.

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children. Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered. The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!

Well you deny the Holocaust so anything you say on these boards is basically worthless.
Wait....what? When have I ever denied the Holocaust? It was a REAL thing...a very very real thing.

My goodness, what a liar you are....you might want to see someone about that.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.

It's now being reported Trump is personally directing the FBI investigation by prohibiting people they can talk to, and any information regarding Kavanaughs drinking. In other words he has rigged the investigation. This will be cable news fodder Monday morning, and will only escalate as the week goes on. There will certainly now be calls for Flake, Collins, and Murkowski to vote no based on this interference by Trump after he stated earlier he would not get in the way.

Yeah there were no “calls” before right? BTW what is a “call”. Is that when the media demands something?

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children.

There are no unborn children. And we live in a country with separationof Church and state, so keep your fucking bronze age superstitions to yourself.

Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE.

Not an issue here. The fact is, people are rejected for jobs all the time because someone said something bad about them. Ask anyone who has been blackballed by a former employer.

It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered.

Um, no. It had more to do with the anti-Semitism that is hardwired into Christianity. They killed your imaginary God man.

The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!

Again, not an issue here. The question is, do we give this guy a lifetime appointment when there are a lot of questions about his partisanship and character. His rant about "Hillary is out to get me!" should have been a deal breaker if nothing else is.

IN GOD WE TRUST is on all are money! We are not an ATHEIST state. Take your ANTI-RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY and shove it up your ASS. Your a better fit for NORTH KOREA than the United States! You'll have a lot more in common with the people there.
Money spends just as well without that phrase on it. You DO know that, right? And our REAL country motto is E Pluribus Unum not a patch job motto slapped on everything during the Cold War just like adding that "under god" phrase in the Pledge. A patch job put up there by people trying to make us all their religion which is against the 1st Amendment.

1) American money won’t spend at all without it. By law every coin and note must have “In God We Trust” on it for it to be considered money
2) E Pluribus Unum was never our official motto. It appeared as a heraldic device and that’s as far as it went. “In God We Trust” is the only official motto the United States has ever had. As an American you should be proud to use it.
As you mentioned, in the Cold War we contended with Godless communists. You know...your type.

The pressure on her is intense. These third worlders operate like that. Weren’t they sending her dildos in the mail?
But if she can’t take the heat...she should get back to the kitchen. Its part of governing a country under attack by Marxists. A constant state of low level warfare.
NO ONE said Collins couldn't take the heat, and don't believe it if they do. She's no shrinking violet, even though she doesn't bluster and holler like Lindsay Graham.

Don’t lie. The lefts assumption is that they can break her. She is now traveling by police car because of threats, protestors have been arrested because of violence against her staffers at two separate offices and she gets sexual genitalia in her mail daily. She is one of three senators now under 24 hour capital police protection.
All of from the communist side. Not one hint of trouble from decent Americans.
Sen. Collins says she supports delay in Kavanaugh vote to allow time for investigation
Don't lie about what, DOTR? What the protesters are hoping for and what Collins will decide are two different things. She will choose based on what she thinks is right. End of discussion.
What she needs to do to stay safe isn't going to change her mind. She's a girl from the County and that means something in Maine.

You can end your discussion anytime you like. But I’m still going to answer the claim. You said “nobody said she was going to break”. Yet they are obviously trying to break her. Ergo, somebody thinks there is a chance to break her.
The mob is the tool of the left. I don’t think much of Susan Collins but should she be in fear? You can’t force protection on a senator. She was reduced to asking for this.
And the left-ratchet works one way.

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children.

There are no unborn children. And we live in a country with separationof Church and state, so keep your fucking bronze age superstitions to yourself.

Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE.

Not an issue here. The fact is, people are rejected for jobs all the time because someone said something bad about them. Ask anyone who has been blackballed by a former employer.

It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered.

Um, no. It had more to do with the anti-Semitism that is hardwired into Christianity. They killed your imaginary God man.

The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!

Again, not an issue here. The question is, do we give this guy a lifetime appointment when there are a lot of questions about his partisanship and character. His rant about "Hillary is out to get me!" should have been a deal breaker if nothing else is.

IN GOD WE TRUST is on all are money! We are not an ATHEIST state. Take your ANTI-RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY and shove it up your ASS. Your a better fit for NORTH KOREA than the United States! You'll have a lot more in common with the people there.
Money spends just as well without that phrase on it. You DO know that, right? And our REAL country motto is E Pluribus Unum not a patch job motto slapped on everything during the Cold War just like adding that "under god" phrase in the Pledge. A patch job put up there by people trying to make us all their religion which is against the 1st Amendment.

1) American money won’t spend at all without it. By law every coin and note must have “In God We Trust” on it for it to be considered money
2) E Pluribus Unum was never our official motto. It appeared as a heraldic device and that’s as far as it went. “In God We Trust” is the only official motto the United States has ever had. As an American you should be proud to use it.
As you mentioned, in the Cold War we contended with Godless communists. You know...your type.
Actually I can cross it off paper money and gouge it out on coins and it would still be legal tender......no problem there....and we don't have to believe OR trust in your god...we and others have our own.....and there's nothing you can do about it.

Wait....what? When have I ever denied the Holocaust? It was a REAL thing...a very very real thing.

My goodness, what a liar you are....you might want to see someone about that.

According to you I dont need proof. I am The accuser. You’re the accused prove that you’re not a Holocaust denier. I believe you are so that must be true.

Taking the play out of your Leftist playbook.

Forum List

Back