🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.
Kagan, Ginsberg, and Sotomayer are already on the court, dumbass.
And excellent Justices they are. Not drunk misogynists....already two pluses over Kavanaugh.
Yeah.....kids will be kids.
I heard that Kagan when she was at the Unv of Chicago she had a habit of parking her car, walking away, and leaving the engine running all day.

And excellent Justices they are. Not drunk misogynists...

You've seen their background checks, or did you do one of your own?
Interestingly enough, ALL their documents were provided and reviewed when they were nominated and approved by the Senate. For some reason, that's not the case with Drunkard Kavanaugh.

and yet, far more of his documents were provided than for any previous SCOTUS nominee.

You want his documents from his role in the Clinton impeachment?

His work under Bush?

You want to keep digging til you FINALLY find something that prevents him from taking his seat?

Keep whining.

In about a week, the vote will be taken, and odds are, he'll pass.

without one partisan democrat voting in his favor.

(I predict Pense will have to cast the deciding vote)

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
Maine is more a purple, Independent state. There are a mighty lot of Republicans here.

Senator Collins liked Kavanaugh prior to these allegations being known and planned to vote for him. I think she will still vote for him. She IS receiving a lot of pressure from BOTH sides and as usual she will do what her conscience tells her is best. Collins does not bend to pressure, but she does listen and I know she is taking the hearing into account, as well as whatever information the Senate gets from an investigation.

If Senator Collins listened to Kavanaugh's performance, she will likely reject him. Not based exclusively on the testimony of Dr. Ford, but on his pathological anger, conspiracy theories and disrespect for the Ranking member of all Democratic Senators.

No one should support someone like Kavanaugh, he is unsuited to judge others, since he cannot control his emotions.

How about we put you, and yours, thru the hell he and his family have been through for the last couple of weeks, and see how calm and collected YOU are when facing your accusers?
Is Wry being nominated for a position on the Highest Court of the Land for Life? You think that kind of position should be a cakewalk?

no

why are you deflecting?

I asked wry if he would put up with the amount of shit Kavanaugh has put up, and stay calm and collected.

How about I ask you the same question?

(pssst, the answer is obvious. you can't even stay calm and collected here)

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.
Kagan, Ginsberg, and Sotomayer are already on the court, dumbass.
And excellent Justices they are. Not drunk misogynists....already two pluses over Kavanaugh.
Unfortunately, conservatives will have their majority of fear, ignorance, bigotry, racism, and hate on the Supreme Court – if not Kavanaugh then another reactionary conservative ideologue.

And millions of Americans will suffer as a consequence, subject to discriminatory laws and measures enacted by Republican state governments seeking to disadvantage various classes of persons for no other reason than who they are: to compel conformity, silence dissent, and oppose diversity.

Sadly, those classes of persons disadvantaged by ignorant, hateful Republican state lawmakers will no longer be able to seek relief in the Federal courts, and with the political process likewise unavailable to them, be relegated to the margins of society and subject to punitive measures for the ‘crime’ of expressing their individual liberty.
Fear, bigotry, ignorance, racism, and hate. The Democrat Party platform.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
Maine is more a purple, Independent state. There are a mighty lot of Republicans here.

Senator Collins liked Kavanaugh prior to these allegations being known and planned to vote for him. I think she will still vote for him. She IS receiving a lot of pressure from BOTH sides and as usual she will do what her conscience tells her is best. Collins does not bend to pressure, but she does listen and I know she is taking the hearing into account, as well as whatever information the Senate gets from an investigation.

If Senator Collins listened to Kavanaugh's performance, she will likely reject him. Not based exclusively on the testimony of Dr. Ford, but on his pathological anger, conspiracy theories and disrespect for the Ranking member of all Democratic Senators.

No one should support someone like Kavanaugh, he is unsuited to judge others, since he cannot control his emotions.

Sure, because if you spent the last two weeks been called a rapist and a predator in front of your family, friends, and the entire world you would be totally in control of your emotions, wouldn’t you? You’re such a fraud. The fact of the matter is you’re just regurgitating the same talking points as everyone else in the anti-Kavanaugh crowd. You hear pundits in the media say it and like soldiers with your marching orders you trot out and repeat it like a collective Borg. It’s so transparent it’s sad.

That is two years away...plenty of time to get past it....

Also.... the democrats by calling for the FBI may have made a huge mistake...not likely, but possible. There are two men who came forward with one written statement, and one phone statement that they are the two responsible for the attack. Before the hearing the press completely ignored this information...it may be they are not the guys......however....by calling for the FBI to investigate....these two guys will likely be questioned by the FBI...if they are the ones...they will have the House where it happened, and the time and location of the event.....

This would end this...... not likely....but possible....

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children.

There are no unborn children. And we live in a country with separationof Church and state, so keep your fucking bronze age superstitions to yourself.

Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE.

Not an issue here. The fact is, people are rejected for jobs all the time because someone said something bad about them. Ask anyone who has been blackballed by a former employer.

It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered.

Um, no. It had more to do with the anti-Semitism that is hardwired into Christianity. They killed your imaginary God man.

The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!

Again, not an issue here. The question is, do we give this guy a lifetime appointment when there are a lot of questions about his partisanship and character. His rant about "Hillary is out to get me!" should have been a deal breaker if nothing else is.

IN GOD WE TRUST is on all are money! We are not an ATHEIST state. Take your ANTI-RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY and shove it up your ASS. Your a better fit for NORTH KOREA than the United States! You'll have a lot more in common with the people there.
Money spends just as well without that phrase on it. You DO know that, right? And our REAL country motto is E Pluribus Unum not a patch job motto slapped on everything during the Cold War just like adding that "under god" phrase in the Pledge. A patch job put up there by people trying to make us all their religion which is against the 1st Amendment.

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children. Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered. The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!
Someone's god shouldn't enter this in any way. We are not some theocracy.

Were NOT THE ATHEIST SOVIET UNION THAT WE DEFEATED IN THE COLD WAR EITHER. We pray before most government events, and we have IN GOD WE TRUST on all are money. We don't favor any particular religion or GOD, but we do favor belief in the supernatural over ATHEISM.
Sorry...but the United States is a secular country....not a theocracy....take your christer sharia elsewhere, please.

Sorry, were not an ATHEIST country. If you want that, go to NORTH KOREA. IN GOD WE TRUST is on all are money! Understand?
We are a secular country....no religion involved in our government at all. If you like having religion involved in government, you might like Saudi Arabia or Iran better.

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children. Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered. The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!
Our whole way of life and our freedoms are at stake

We MUST have the vote, if Kav is defeatex, Trump needs to renominate him after midterms, as we will have 3 to 7 more republicans in the Senate as we do now
You are absolutely right...our American way, our secular way....as the first country in the world that codified religious freedom in our written Constitution...is at stake. That's why drunks like Kavanaugh need go be denied a seat on the highest court of the land.
Hack
So, you have issues......................with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Theocrats usually do.

Kavanaugh is unfit to be on the Supreme Court because he’s a reactionary conservative ideologue hostile to the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the rights and protected liberties of the American people – that he sexually assaulted a woman in his youth and is lying about it now is confirmation of the fact that he’s just as dishonest as he is unfit.

This is the party that cries about anti-bullying, remember.

Then, after they've actually bullied someone, they love to call them "reactionary".
I guess you can make a case that Kavanaugh was bullied considering all the crying he was doing....

That was rage.
Over being bullied....so he cried. Yes....I saw that. Bullies usually are the first ones to rage and cry when it comes back at them. Crumble like a house of cards.

So a Senator shouldn't vote as the people of her state and her conscience wants her to? Ok....interesting.

Is that what the people, that voted a republican into office in a blue state, want her to do?

Or is the voters that voted against her being elected want her to do?

A lot of her support is across party lines, Democrats and independents. There are not nearly enough Republicans in Maine to save her in 2020 if she votes YES on Kavanagh. Its sad, but I think that is the reality.

What does Collins tell Maine voters, vote for me and I'll vote with the Democrats on the issues? :cuckoo:
Do you think she was elected by Mainers anticipating that they wanted her to vote for a drunk misogynist who doesn't have the temperament to get a lifetime appointment to the highest court of the land?

Your lies have nothing to do with Maine voters, here you earned these :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:
What lies are those? Be specific.

Kavanaugh is unfit to be on the Supreme Court because he’s a reactionary conservative ideologue hostile to the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the rights and protected liberties of the American people – that he sexually assaulted a woman in his youth and is lying about it now is confirmation of the fact that he’s just as dishonest as he is unfit.

This is the party that cries about anti-bullying, remember.

Then, after they've actually bullied someone, they love to call them "reactionary".
I guess you can make a case that Kavanaugh was bullied considering all the crying he was doing....

The heart of your party is so black you wear "No H8" on your face, but will destroy the lives of anyone in your path...and then laugh and mock when they look and act like they are destroyed.

THAT is YOUR party, sister, not mine. That is what you have done here, too, not me. I bet I can dig up a dozen posts of you crying about bullying, but when the actual bullying helps your political agenda? Screw it all, fair game. Who cares who's destroyed.

Sister, you have to answer to God for this, not me. And if you think I'm talking blunt to you, you're darn right. It's the only way to WAKE

PEOPLE

UP
Go for it....dig up those dozen posts of me crying about bullying. I look forward to it.

Jones, what about the woman who accused you of the same thing as Kavanaugh plus you stole all her money and food stamps then drank up all her beer and pissed in the kitchen sink. I'm not accusing you, just repeating the rumors going around. How d'ya like them apples? And don't lie.
And he must now prove he is innocent... We don't have to prove a damn thing... He has to prove he didn't.. Democrat rules and he has to play by them...
Not a court of law....it was a job interview. REJECTED!

How silly and childish. Typical Democrat nonsense.

In how many job interviews were you sworn to tell the truth?
Government jobs....government interviews for increasing my security clearance. EVERY....SINGLE....TIME.

Second, Free Exercise of religion means you don't get to impose it on the rest of us

Really?

What is YOUR version of Free exercise of Religion?
He just said it....you having a religion is great. But you can't force it on the rest of us.

Force?

Who has 'forced' you to partake of a religion in this country?
Not anymore. Now I can get a civil marriage when religions used to overtly influence the government to keep me from exercising the same civil rights as others. Not anymore. Now a religion can't dictate whether I can work or buy something on sunday. Not anymore. Now, when I eventually pass, the government doesn't give me just the ONE option of a cross on military tombstone.

The pressure on her is intense. These third worlders operate like that. Weren’t they sending her dildos in the mail?
But if she can’t take the heat...she should get back to the kitchen. Its part of governing a country under attack by Marxists. A constant state of low level warfare.
"she should get back to the kitchen"......doesn't take much to get the misogynists on the Right to reveal themselves. Doesn't take much at all.

Angry? Maybe. Those abortion/anti-abortion nuts can be annoying as hell. But I think she is more likely deciding if the guy is going to be a good Supreme Court justice, and she doesn't really need our help in doing that.
I think it's obvious he will be, Garland would have as well, sure MG was stopped, but not with vile and evil lies
After Thursday's hearing, I disagree, but I have no idea how Collins sees it at this point.
After Thursday, the dems are in trouble in the upcoming elections

Kav is obviously a wrongly accused man and a victim

Ford lied at least 3 times

If she was abused, it was not him

Middle America will break republican over this circus

I won't be ugly with you, but this is such an obvious political smear

35 year old allegation with ZERO witnesses and ZERO other incidents??

you wanna talk about the college slut that went to high school rape parties or the "dick in my face" girl that the NYT would not even run the story on, well, I don't want to be ugly with you...
Well, thank you, dcbl, for not being ugly with me.
Okay. I was never convinced Kavanaugh would be a terrible SC justice, and I was perfectly willing to listen to him and support him. For me, he blew it. It's not the end of my world if he gets confirmed, but I will feel a little sad about it. And it is NOT about this Ford thing. It's about how he acted at the hearing.
Fair enough, but his daughters and wife have gotten really ugly emails, truth, I'd have been even more "angry and unhinged"

It's bad where we are right now, I think violence is very likely

I like you, you've always been reasonable, kind and fair to everyone that I have seen you interact with

Be well
Them getting ugly emails, etc. is flat out wrong....just like Ford getting death threats is flat out wrong.

Fair enough, but his daughters and wife have gotten really ugly emails, truth, I'd have been even more "angry and unhinged"

I'd have likely shown up with a hand held object that emitted small leaden things at high speed, had I been subjected to what he and his family were
Interesting.....all that subtle hint towards physical violence we see Rightwingers here post.

Forum List

Back