🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

Fair enough, but his daughters and wife have gotten really ugly emails, truth, I'd have been even more "angry and unhinged"

I'd have likely shown up with a hand held object that emitted small leaden things at high speed, had I been subjected to what he and his family were
Interesting.....all that subtle hint towards physical violence we see Rightwingers here post.

right...

leftwingers here NEVER lose their cool...

Someone trashes you, your family, your reputation....

Drags them all through a pig sty...

and you walk in and sing kumbaya

right?

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children.

There are no unborn children. And we live in a country with separationof Church and state, so keep your fucking bronze age superstitions to yourself.

Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE.

Not an issue here. The fact is, people are rejected for jobs all the time because someone said something bad about them. Ask anyone who has been blackballed by a former employer.

It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered.

Um, no. It had more to do with the anti-Semitism that is hardwired into Christianity. They killed your imaginary God man.

The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!

Again, not an issue here. The question is, do we give this guy a lifetime appointment when there are a lot of questions about his partisanship and character. His rant about "Hillary is out to get me!" should have been a deal breaker if nothing else is.

I'm going to pray for you, for your salvation and understanding. Pray that God gives you wisdom and courage.

You're welcome

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.
Kagan, Ginsberg, and Sotomayer are already on the court, dumbass.
And excellent Justices they are. Not drunk misogynists....already two pluses over Kavanaugh.
Yeah.....kids will be kids.
I heard that Kagan when she was at the Unv of Chicago she had a habit of parking her car, walking away, and leaving the engine running all day.
And....ladies and gentlemen...to trumpanzees, that is equivalent. See how it works?

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
Maine is more a purple, Independent state. There are a mighty lot of Republicans here.

Senator Collins liked Kavanaugh prior to these allegations being known and planned to vote for him. I think she will still vote for him. She IS receiving a lot of pressure from BOTH sides and as usual she will do what her conscience tells her is best. Collins does not bend to pressure, but she does listen and I know she is taking the hearing into account, as well as whatever information the Senate gets from an investigation.

If Senator Collins listened to Kavanaugh's performance, she will likely reject him. Not based exclusively on the testimony of Dr. Ford, but on his pathological anger, conspiracy theories and disrespect for the Ranking member of all Democratic Senators.

No one should support someone like Kavanaugh, he is unsuited to judge others, since he cannot control his emotions.

How about we put you, and yours, thru the hell he and his family have been through for the last couple of weeks, and see how calm and collected YOU are when facing your accusers?
Is Wry being nominated for a position on the Highest Court of the Land for Life? You think that kind of position should be a cakewalk?

no

why are you deflecting?

I asked wry if he would put up with the amount of shit Kavanaugh has put up, and stay calm and collected.

How about I ask you the same question?

(pssst, the answer is obvious. you can't even stay calm and collected here)
I bet he would stay calm and collected. Kavanaugh is acting like a privileged brat when someone has the NERVE to not let him get away with shit.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
Maine is more a purple, Independent state. There are a mighty lot of Republicans here.

Senator Collins liked Kavanaugh prior to these allegations being known and planned to vote for him. I think she will still vote for him. She IS receiving a lot of pressure from BOTH sides and as usual she will do what her conscience tells her is best. Collins does not bend to pressure, but she does listen and I know she is taking the hearing into account, as well as whatever information the Senate gets from an investigation.

If Senator Collins listened to Kavanaugh's performance, she will likely reject him. Not based exclusively on the testimony of Dr. Ford, but on his pathological anger, conspiracy theories and disrespect for the Ranking member of all Democratic Senators.

No one should support someone like Kavanaugh, he is unsuited to judge others, since he cannot control his emotions.

How about we put you, and yours, thru the hell he and his family have been through for the last couple of weeks, and see how calm and collected YOU are when facing your accusers?
Is Wry being nominated for a position on the Highest Court of the Land for Life? You think that kind of position should be a cakewalk?

no

why are you deflecting?

I asked wry if he would put up with the amount of shit Kavanaugh has put up, and stay calm and collected.

Go right ahead...ask away....tho I'm not up for the Supreme Court.

no

why are you deflecting?

you haven't been able to stay 'cool and collected' on this board, and you haven't been attacked nearly as much as Kavanaugh has.

(and when you have, you've run to the OPs to get it stopped)

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.
And excellent Justices they are. Not drunk misogynists....already two pluses over Kavanaugh.
Unfortunately, conservatives will have their majority of fear, ignorance, bigotry, racism, and hate on the Supreme Court – if not Kavanaugh then another reactionary conservative ideologue.

And millions of Americans will suffer as a consequence, subject to discriminatory laws and measures enacted by Republican state governments seeking to disadvantage various classes of persons for no other reason than who they are: to compel conformity, silence dissent, and oppose diversity.

Sadly, those classes of persons disadvantaged by ignorant, hateful Republican state lawmakers will no longer be able to seek relief in the Federal courts, and with the political process likewise unavailable to them, be relegated to the margins of society and subject to punitive measures for the ‘crime’ of expressing their individual liberty.
Fear, bigotry, ignorance, racism, and hate. The Democrat Party platform.
:71: good irony for a Saturday night.

Fair enough, but his daughters and wife have gotten really ugly emails, truth, I'd have been even more "angry and unhinged"

I'd have likely shown up with a hand held object that emitted small leaden things at high speed, had I been subjected to what he and his family were
Interesting.....all that subtle hint towards physical violence we see Rightwingers here post.

right...

right?
You are planning on trashing someone's family here? Everything else gets trashed here all the time.

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children.

There are no unborn children. And we live in a country with separationof Church and state, so keep your fucking bronze age superstitions to yourself.

Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE.

Not an issue here. The fact is, people are rejected for jobs all the time because someone said something bad about them. Ask anyone who has been blackballed by a former employer.

It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered.

Um, no. It had more to do with the anti-Semitism that is hardwired into Christianity. They killed your imaginary God man.

The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!

Again, not an issue here. The question is, do we give this guy a lifetime appointment when there are a lot of questions about his partisanship and character. His rant about "Hillary is out to get me!" should have been a deal breaker if nothing else is.

I'm going to pray for you, for your salvation and understanding. Pray that God gives you wisdom and courage.

You're welcome
Pray to whom? The ancient Celtic gods and goddesses of Scotland. I'll join you in that.

no

why are you deflecting?

you haven't been able to stay 'cool and collected' on this board, and you haven't been attacked nearly as much as Kavanaugh has.

Define "not cool and collected"? Tho, I will confess, I have a hard time not laughing all the time at trumpanzee posts.

right...

right?
You are planning on trashing someone's family here? Everything else gets trashed here all the time.

No

are you going to stop pretending to be a robot?

were his actions any worse than Cory 'Spartacus' Booker?

than Lindsay Graham?

no

why are you deflecting?

Define "not cool and collected"? Tho, I will confess, I have a hard time not laughing all the time at trumpanzee posts.

losing your temper

Lets remember the POTUS and our country asked Kavanaugh to serve, then wormy Democrats smear the guy, disgusting.

The pressure on her is intense. These third worlders operate like that. Weren’t they sending her dildos in the mail?
But if she can’t take the heat...she should get back to the kitchen. Its part of governing a country under attack by Marxists. A constant state of low level warfare.
"she should get back to the kitchen"......doesn't take much to get the misogynists on the Right to reveal themselves. Doesn't take much at all.

Just a little bait in the water for the eternal victim trollers. Works every time.

Kavanaugh is unfit to be on the Supreme Court because he’s a reactionary conservative ideologue hostile to the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the rights and protected liberties of the American people – that he sexually assaulted a woman in his youth and is lying about it now is confirmation of the fact that he’s just as dishonest as he is unfit.

This is the party that cries about anti-bullying, remember.

Then, after they've actually bullied someone, they love to call them "reactionary".
I guess you can make a case that Kavanaugh was bullied considering all the crying he was doing....

That was rage.
Over being bullied....so he cried. Yes....I saw that. Bullies usually are the first ones to rage and cry when it comes back at them. Crumble like a house of cards.

You're an idiot.

Kavanaugh is unfit to be on the Supreme Court because he’s a reactionary conservative ideologue hostile to the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the rights and protected liberties of the American people – that he sexually assaulted a woman in his youth and is lying about it now is confirmation of the fact that he’s just as dishonest as he is unfit.
Jones, what about the woman who accused you of the same thing as Kavanaugh plus you stole all her money and food stamps then drank up all her beer and pissed in the kitchen sink. I'm not accusing you, just repeating the rumors going around. How d'ya like them apples? And don't lie.
And he must now prove he is innocent... We don't have to prove a damn thing... He has to prove he didn't.. Democrat rules and he has to play by them...
Not a court of law....it was a job interview. REJECTED!

How silly and childish. Typical Democrat nonsense.

In how many job interviews were you sworn to tell the truth?
Government jobs....government interviews for increasing my security clearance. EVERY....SINGLE....TIME.

I don't believe you had any clearance at all.

Yeah.....kids will be kids.
I heard that Kagan when she was at the Unv of Chicago she had a habit of parking her car, walking away, and leaving the engine running all day.
And....ladies and gentlemen...to trumpanzees, that is equivalent. See how it works?
No.....dumbass. You're trying to destroy a man's life over having a few beers in HS.
Nevermind the fact that Kagan is an idiot now.

It's now being reported Trump is personally directing the FBI investigation by prohibiting people they can talk to, and any information regarding Kavanaughs drinking. In other words he has rigged the investigation. This will be cable news fodder Monday morning, and will only escalate as the week goes on. There will certainly now be calls for Flake, Collins, and Murkowski to vote no based on this interference by Trump after he stated earlier he would not get in the way.

Well, when Trump said "lock her up", was that not a sad day for "presumption of innocence"?

A terrible injustice? The guy is rich already. So he sticks his foot into the political arena and gets it chewed, this happens all the time.

Look at the kids from Parkland High School, they got massively chewed and the right didn't give a shit. All of a sudden this poor rich man... blah blah.

Forum List

Back