🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children. Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered. The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!

You are assuming bodecea has a problem with dictatorship? Why would you assume that? On what evidence?

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.

Susan Collins is 66 years old.

She is in her third tern in the Senate.

Her career is well known and well established, even if she will not get elected for and serve another term. I am sure she is well set financially.

If she has any decency she will vote YES, and if she is rejected by her constituents in 2020 she can retire with honor and self-respect.

Susan Collins is a Teenager compared to Diane Finstein. She still has a long future in the Senate.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.

First of all, Maine is not a firmly blue state by any means. It's a swing state. They have a Republican governor, the Republicans control one house of their state assembly, Trump won the electoral vote from the Second Congressional District, and prior to King being elected in 2012, they had two Republican Senators for almost 20 years. Maine is far more like New Hampshire than Massachusetts.

Collins is also fairly popular. She has never really had a tough reelection. The 2020 election is two years away and there will be a lot of issues people will be voting on. I don't know how many people will Kavanaugh on their minds by then. Two years is an eternity in Politics.
Have you seen their Republican governor? :71:

The pressure on her is intense. These third worlders operate like that. Weren’t they sending her dildos in the mail?
But if she can’t take the heat...she should get back to the kitchen. Its part of governing a country under attack by Marxists. A constant state of low level warfare.

That's simply your opinion. I have seen no polling or evidence at this point showing that to be the case.
We didn't see the polling showing a Trump win either....stop listening to the lying pollsters....did you know they are still weighting the dems by 12% in every political poll?......they haven't learned a thing.....
Actually, in the states he DID win for the Electoral College win, polls DID show him winning.

First of all, Maine is not a firmly blue state by any means. It's a swing state. They have a Republican governor, the Republicans control one house of their state assembly, Trump won the electoral vote from the Second Congressional District, and prior to King being elected in 2012, they had two Republican Senators for almost 20 years. Maine is far more like New Hampshire than Massachusetts.

Collins is also fairly popular. She has never really had a tough reelection. The 2020 election is two years away and there will be a lot of issues people will be voting on. I don't know how many people will Kavanaugh on their minds by then. Two years is an eternity in Politics.

Good Point. I forgot about the second Congressional District going for Trump. I stand corrected. Maine is not Solid BLUE as I said before. Thank You for the info.

Have you seen their Republican governor? :71:
We kind of "black him out" due to trauma.

The pressure on her is intense. These third worlders operate like that. Weren’t they sending her dildos in the mail?
But if she can’t take the heat...she should get back to the kitchen. Its part of governing a country under attack by Marxists. A constant state of low level warfare.
NO ONE said Collins couldn't take the heat, and don't believe it if they do. She's no shrinking violet, even though she doesn't bluster and holler like Lindsay Graham.

Susan Collins is 66 years old.

She is in her third tern in the Senate.

Her career is well known and well established, even if she will not get elected for and serve another term. I am sure she is well set financially.

If she has any decency she will vote YES, and if she is rejected by her constituents in 2020 she can retire with honor and self-respect.

Susan Collins is a Teenager compared to Diane Finstein. She still has a long future in the Senate.

Cheer up! We also shouldn’t assume that the elites running the media speak for anyone. They have the money and power to keep a constant drumbeat going but they did that all through the election and Americans still voted against them.
And finally remember this...Donald Trump won almost 45% of the Maine vote in 16 and they have had two years to watch the loony left lose its mind over him. I would guess Maine is almost a Trump State by now.

United States presidential election in Maine, 2016 - Wikipedia

Maine has had Republican senators a majority of the time since the 1800's. There are plenty of Republicans here. I'm not sure how we keep voting for a Democratic President, except that the conservatives tend to be in the rural part of the state and they don't always think that voting for people in Washington makes any difference. Local and state politicians are a different story, since their decisions affect their everyday lives. I can say that with some confidence, since I live there.

I'm starting to understand this. Maine is different. I was wrong about it being so Blue. Trump won the 2nd congressional district there actually in 2016.

.., nobody is going to want to send another sexual predator to the Supreme court.

Agreed; and if one is nominated they should be resoundingly denounced. Unfortunately for you fruitcakes, Jusge Kavanuagh isn’t a sexual predator.

That's simply your opinion. I have seen no polling or evidence at this point showing that to be the case.
We didn't see the polling showing a Trump win either....stop listening to the lying pollsters....did you know they are still weighting the dems by 12% in every political poll?......they haven't learned a thing.....
Polls are a manipulation tool used by the lugenpresse

Ignore them and go vote

I'm out for a few hours, games on

What evidence do you have to prove that polls are used by a lying news' to manipulate We the People?
One must infer from you comment that you have evidence, and leave me wondering, where do you get your information.

NO ONE said Collins couldn't take the heat, and don't believe it if they do. She's no shrinking violet, even though she doesn't bluster and holler like Lindsay Graham.

Don’t lie. The lefts assumption is that they can break her. She is now traveling by police car because of threats, protestors have been arrested because of violence against her staffers at two separate offices and she gets sexual genitalia in her mail daily. She is one of three senators now under 24 hour capital police protection.
All of from the communist side. Not one hint of trouble from decent Americans.
Sen. Collins says she supports delay in Kavanaugh vote to allow time for investigation

I think she is angry about the stunts pulled at her office before the allegations
Angry? Maybe. Those abortion/anti-abortion nuts can be annoying as hell. But I think she is more likely deciding if the guy is going to be a good Supreme Court justice, and she doesn't really need our help in doing that.
I think it's obvious he will be, Garland would have as well, sure MG was stopped, but not with vile and evil lies
After Thursday's hearing, I disagree, but I have no idea how Collins sees it at this point.
After Thursday, the dems are in trouble in the upcoming elections

Kav is obviously a wrongly accused man and a victim

Ford lied at least 3 times

If she was abused, it was not him

Middle America will break republican over this circus

I won't be ugly with you, but this is such an obvious political smear

35 year old allegation with ZERO witnesses and ZERO other incidents??

you wanna talk about the college slut that went to high school rape parties or the "dick in my face" girl that the NYT would not even run the story on, well, I don't want to be ugly with you...
Well, thank you, dcbl, for not being ugly with me.
Okay. I was never convinced Kavanaugh would be a terrible SC justice, and I was perfectly willing to listen to him and support him. For me, he blew it. It's not the end of my world if he gets confirmed, but I will feel a little sad about it. And it is NOT about this Ford thing. It's about how he acted at the hearing.
Fair enough, but his daughters and wife have gotten really ugly emails, truth, I'd have been even more "angry and unhinged"

It's bad where we are right now, I think violence is very likely

I like you, you've always been reasonable, kind and fair to everyone that I have seen you interact with

Be well

Fair enough, but his daughters and wife have gotten really ugly emails, truth, I'd have been even more "angry and unhinged"

I'd have likely shown up with a hand held object that emitted small leaden things at high speed, had I been subjected to what he and his family were

I'd have likely shown up with a hand held object that emitted small leaden things at high speed, had I been subjected to what he and his family were
When it was Spartacus' turn to question me, I'd have said that it was hilarious that a self admitted sexual predictor had the balls to question me

I'd have flat out called DuFu a lying hack with zero integrity for looking me in the face weeks ago with the letter in her office and dropping it before the vote

I'm not cut out for SCOTUS though...

Maine is more a purple, Independent state. There are a mighty lot of Republicans here.

Senator Collins liked Kavanaugh prior to these allegations being known and planned to vote for him. I think she will still vote for him. She IS receiving a lot of pressure from BOTH sides and as usual she will do what her conscience tells her is best. Collins does not bend to pressure, but she does listen and I know she is taking the hearing into account, as well as whatever information the Senate gets from an investigation.

If Senator Collins listened to Kavanaugh's performance, she will likely reject him. Not based exclusively on the testimony of Dr. Ford, but on his pathological anger, conspiracy theories and disrespect for the Ranking member of all Democratic Senators.

No one should support someone like Kavanaugh, he is unsuited to judge others, since he cannot control his emotions.

How about we put you, and yours, thru the hell he and his family have been through for the last couple of weeks, and see how calm and collected YOU are when facing your accusers?
Is Wry being nominated for a position on the Highest Court of the Land for Life? You think that kind of position should be a cakewalk?

Forum List

Back