🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Swine Flu of 1976

We have a swine in the white house today, unfortunately there is no vaccine against that!

The 1976 vaccine was pushed by Jerry Ford (R) to help his reelection, kinda like what Tramp is trying to do today.

We have a swine in the white house today, unfortunately there is no vaccine against that!

The 1976 vaccine was pushed by Jerry Ford (R) to help his reelection, kinda like what Tramp is trying to do today.
So you're against a vaccine

No, I'm against the Republican swine in the white house rushing a vaccine for political purposes.

I forgot about this. Apparently, so did the rest of the world

FYI, there was a thread on this yesterday.

Here's my thread on the topic:

I forgot about this. Apparently, so did the rest of the world

FYI, there was a thread on this yesterday.

Here's my thread on the topic:

I've never done that

It was, after all, an election year, and Mr. Ford, who had risen to the presidency upon Richard Nixon’s resignation 19 months earlier, was seeking his first full term.

On March 22, Mr. Ford met with senior administration officials, who recommended a mass vaccination program. A memo marked “the president has seen” warned of “the ingredients for a pandemic” though also noted that “an argument can be made for taking no extraordinary action.”

As it turned out, the H1N1 strain never made it out of Fort Dix, where only one Army recruit died. And, as it also turned out, this swine flu was not nearly as virulent as the 1918 influenza.

But fast-tracking the vaccine for broad distribution among the public carried risks. Of the 45 million vaccinated against the swine flu, an estimated 450 people developed the paralyzing syndrome Guillain-Barré and of those, more than 30 died. The National Academy of Medicine subsequently concluded that people who received the 1976 swine flu vaccine had an increased risk for developing Guillain-Barré.

The emergence of Guillain-Barré led the government to suspend and effectively end its mass vaccination effort in December.

Snip

If steady, mature Gerald Ford succumbed to haste when his presidency was on the line, imagine what Donald Trump will do. But maybe, just maybe, Mr. Trump can finally learn a lesson from history and move prudently, not impetuously, in rolling out new vaccines for Covid-19. And if that means they come out after the election, so be it.

Jerry Ford’s Hail Mary didn’t work, after all: He lost to Jimmy Carter anyway. That’s a history lesson even Donald Trump can understand.

Opinion | Gerald Ford Rushed Out a Vaccine. It Was a Fiasco.
----------------------------------
I wonder if tramp is going to release liability for the companies that mass produce the vaccine due to a political timeline, ELECTION.

No, I'm against the Republican swine in the white house rushing a vaccine for political purposes.
So they should hold back the vaccine until after the election? Really?

Suddenly the Dems are anti-vaccine. Trump pushes to get something done as fast as possible and the whine about that! Dems understand, any success he has means THEY LOSE. Dems NEED AMERICANS TO DIE

NO!! The election should not have any consideration in the release of the vaccine! DUH!!!!!
The ONLY consideration should be the SAFTY of it!!!!!
Damn you are a Trumpian idiot!

FascistBook (a.k.a. FaceBook) flagged this video as "False Information" when I posted it last year. Go figure.

swineflureport-facebookcensors1-jpg.380183

Forum List

Back