Switzerland issues every adult a gun and trains them how to use it: Switzerland has lowest gun-relat

Can we adopt their higher education standards first?

I think the failure of our education system is something people on all points of the political spectrum in this country can agree on; it's the proposed solutions that are the problem. Liberals tend to take the argument that education is underfunded, which historically, it isn't. We actually spend more money now than we ever have. Conservatives tend to blame the teachers unions and too many liberals in academia. Likewise, an over exaggerated fear.

What it really comes down to at the end of the day is that Americans simply don't value education the way most of our First World neighbors do. We talk a good game, but really don't walk it. American culture is what needs to change. Parents need to stop thinking it's the government's responsibility to see their children are educated and they need to stop treating schools like their personal day care center where they drop their kids off to before they go to work.

Well said.

I would add that conservatives support private school and seek to have the government subsidize the private sector, so that they can send their kids to all white, all middle class or religious based schools for indoctrination.

I think the failure of our education system is something people on all points of the political spectrum in this country can agree on; it's the proposed solutions that are the problem. Liberals tend to take the argument that education is underfunded, which historically, it isn't. We actually spend more money now than we ever have. Conservatives tend to blame the teachers unions and too many liberals in academia. Likewise, an over exaggerated fear.

What it really comes down to at the end of the day is that Americans simply don't value education the way most of our First World neighbors do. We talk a good game, but really don't walk it. American culture is what needs to change. Parents need to stop thinking it's the government's responsibility to see their children are educated and they need to stop treating schools like their personal day care center where they drop their kids off to before they go to work.

Well said.

I would add that conservatives support private school and seek to have the government subsidize the private sector, so that they can send their kids to all white, all middle class or religious based schools for indoctrination.

No.....democrats send their kids to all white schools..and they trap blacks and hispanics in hell holes in inner cities...

Well said.

No.....democrats send their kids to all white schools..and they trap blacks and hispanics in hell holes in inner cities...

White people send their kids to all white schools. Guess what else, some republicans are white too. Did you know that?

Well said.

2agay never heard of busing, or allowing parents to send their child to the public school of their choice!

Last edited:
"Switzerland issues every adult a gun and trains them how to use it: Switzerland has lowest gun-relat"

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Switzerland can't be compared to other countries, the United States in particular.
You fail period. The point is the guns aren't the problem.

Goddamn you're dumb.

Let's start conscripting all 18 year olds into the military first. When they're done with their four year stint they get free college and a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun Ownership in Switzerland

The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (or age 34 for officers). Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home.

th

Pass a universal draft in this country, and then we'll go from there.

"Switzerland issues every adult a gun and trains them how to use it: Switzerland has lowest gun-relat"

Switzerland can't be compared to other countries, the United States in particular.

Goddamn you're dumb.

Right. It's the type of weapon, the number of rounds they can shoot and the too easy access to them that is the problem.

Gun Ownership in Switzerland

The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (or age 34 for officers). Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home.

th

Yep- and the only ones carrying guns around in public are pretty much the reserves on their way to training.
Extremely rare for Swiss citizens to carry their weapons in public- and it requires a permit.

When their period of service has ended, militiamen have the choice of keeping their personal weapon and other selected items of their equipment. In cases of retention, the rifle is sent to the weapons factory where the fully automatic function is removed; the rifle is then returned to the discharged owner as a semi-automatic or self-loading rifle.

To carry firearms in public or outdoors (and for an individual who is a member of the militia carrying a firearm other than his Army-issue personal weapons off-duty), a person must have a permit, which in most cases is issued only to private citizens working in occupations such as security

Then neither can the US be so compared to other countries. Thank you for agreeing to cease such comparisons when discussing gun violence in the US, and for your promise to condemn others who make such comparisons.

I hate to bust up the meme, but Swiss law would be kicked to the curb in the U.S.

Nearly every male in Switzerland goes through firearm training at the age of 20.
•Swiss males are allowed to keep their firearms after the end of their military service at age 30. The fully automatic weapons must be converted to semi automatic before they can keep them as civilians.
•Switzerland has universal gun registration on gun ownership.
•Switzerland has universal background checks on all gun purchases.
•Switzerland requires universal reporting of firearm transactions, whether commercial or private transfer of ownership.
•Switzerland's carry laws are highly regulated and very restricted. Other than militia members transporting their firearms on their way to militia training, very few people are allowed to actually carry firearms. And they cannot be loaded.
•Despite the militia requirement in Switzerland, the rate of gun ownership (by percentage) in the United States is much higher than in Switzerland.
•Males between 20 and 30 years of age are required to own firearms in Switzerland because they are the nation's well regulated milita. Switzerland has no standing army. It is their civilian militia (much like the intent of the American 2nd amendment) that defends their nation against foreign aggression.
•The vast majority of militia members are not even allowed to store ammo at home. And for the 2000 or so--that's right only 2000--militia members who do have ammo, it is sealed and inspected regularly.

Goddamn you're dumb.

Right. It's the type of weapon, the number of rounds they can shoot and the too easy access to them that is the problem.

ANOTHER retard, right on cue. They have the rounds, access and weapons too.

LOL.

But Britain, France, Australia and Japan can.......I wonder why that is?

Small problem with your facts... Switzerland have the second highest gun related deaths in Europe...

Let's start conscripting all 18 year olds into the military first. When they're done with their four year stint they get free college and a gun.

If they don't want a gun, do they have to pay for college?

I support a 2-year commitment in service to America by every citizen, native or naturalized, between the age of 15 and 36; service in the Military or any occupation in which they are placed in harm's way, they should be entitled to a new iteration of the GI Bill; those in other specialties should be given extra points on government civil service tests for a job well done.

Those who failed to complete such a program of service to America should not be eligible to take a civil service test, and those who simply do their time should be eligible but not be provided extra points in the testing process.

But Britain, France, Australia and Japan can.......I wonder why that is?

Small problem with your facts... Switzerland have the second highest gun related deaths in Europe...

Wow, it's such a lot and 2.68, the highest is suicide :rolleyes-41:

Country Total Method of Calculation Homicides Suicides
Switzerland 3.08 (mixed years) 0.23 (2013) 2.68 (2011)

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's about 3 times the size of Los Angeles County (12,308 square kilometers)
Comparing the sizes of Switzerland and California.
Switzerland is 1.5 times larger than the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex (24,059 square kilometers)
Comparing the sizes of Switzerland and Texas.

sooooooooooooooo, not that many guns around ... I bet the Dallas Safari Club could out gun them in a shoot out.

Forum List

Back