Switzerland issues every adult a gun and trains them how to use it: Switzerland has lowest gun-relat

Great, so we can all agree we need Switzerland gun laws in the United States.

Works for me.

From what I am reading- while guns are somewhat common in Switzerland- ammo is not.

Switzerland issues guns- but not ammo- to its trained military- which is most men.

I think it is clear that the OP wants the ammo laws in the United States to be like that of Switzerland- more guns in the hands of trained military- less ammo.

Switzerland guns: Living with firearms the Swiss way - BBC News

Military issued ammo is kept in one place......civilian ammo is still available....

The Swiss Shooting Sports Association runs about 3,000 clubs and has 150,000 members, including a youth section.

Many members keep their guns and ammunition at home, while others choose to leave them at the club.

So...tell us....if a member of one of these clubs decides to shoot up a mall, or a theater.....which Swiss gun law stops them?

Works for me.

From what I am reading- while guns are somewhat common in Switzerland- ammo is not.

Switzerland issues guns- but not ammo- to its trained military- which is most men.

I think it is clear that the OP wants the ammo laws in the United States to be like that of Switzerland- more guns in the hands of trained military- less ammo.

Oh....and you guys would just love the kid's shooting clubs......

About 600,000 Swiss - many of them children - belong to shooting clubs.

On the second weekend in September each year, about 4,000 Zurich girls and boys, aged 12 to 16, take part in Knabenschiessen, a rifle marksmanship contest. The winner is honoured with the title King of the Marksmen.

Gun Ownership in Switzerland

The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (or age 34 for officers). Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home.

th
Switzerland's gun ownership is declining. There is 25 guns per 100 people as of 2014. There are tight regulations for citizens to own guns. Former militia have to pass regulations to keep their guns; no automatic weapons.
I have lived in Switzerland and now I live in the USA. There is no comparison in gun cultures between the two countries. They accept and respect guns but do not have the crazed NRA mindset that they have to guns and more guns to be safe, to be a man.

The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (or age 34 for officers). Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home.

th
Switzerland's gun ownership is declining. There is 25 guns per 100 people as of 2014. There are tight regulations for citizens to own guns. Former militia have to pass regulations to keep their guns; no automatic weapons.
I have lived in Switzerland and now I live in the USA. There is no comparison in gun cultures between the two countries. They accept and respect guns but do not have the crazed NRA mindset that they have to guns and more guns to be safe, to be a man.

Hey twit.....we have 357,000,000 guns in the United States....out of all of those privately owned guns we had 586 accidental gun deaths.......can you tell the difference between those 2 numbers?

And 90% of all of our gun murder...is committed by convicted felons....which means they cannot legally own or carry the guns they are using to commit crimes.....and 70-80% of the gun murder victims are also felons....

So no, we don't have a gun problem in the United States.......our NRA gun owners are responsible citizens who are amazingly responsible with their guns...

What we do have, however, are prosecutors and judges who do not take gun crimes seriously, and then, like you, bitch about gun crime...as they continuously let felons caught with illegal guns go free...often because they don't want to be bothered to put them away.....or they are afraid of being called racists since the majority of felons with guns are black and hispanic.......

So no, we don't have a gun problem in the United States.......our NRA gun owners are responsible citizens who are amazingly responsible with their guns...

Failed.

Here is gun laws political will justice the United States.

Huckabee and Bush ideologies with nothing gun home. Every citizen.

Works for me.

No....I am against making it a law that every home has to have a fully automatic rifle....that is up to the individual.

That's not the law.

And those gun laws they have that do nothing to stop crime or mass shootings.....we don't need those useless laws either.....[/QUOTE]

That's for you to prove.

Works for me.

Wrong.....

The Swiss Difference: A Gun Culture That Works | TIME.com

The authorities made one concession, though: since 2008, all military — but not private — ammunition must be stored in central arsenals rather than in soldiers’ homes. The debate culminated in a nationwide referendum last year, when 56% of voters rejected the proposal initiated by anti-gun organizations to ban army rifles from homes altogether.

-----------

One of the reasons the crime rate in Switzerland is low despite the prevalence of weapons — and also why the Swiss mentality can’t be transposed to the current American reality — is the culture of responsibility and safety that is anchored in society and passed from generation to generation.

Kids as young as 12 belong to gun groups in their local communities, where they learn sharpshooting.

The Swiss Shooting Sports Association runs about 3,000 clubs and has 150,000 members, including a youth section.

Many members keep their guns and ammunition at home, while others choose to leave them at the club.

And yet, despite such easy access to pistols and rifles, “no members have ever used their guns for criminal purposes,” says Max Flueckiger, the association’s spokesperson.

Great, it's settled, Switzerland does it right.

Works for me.

Military issued ammo is kept in one place......civilian ammo is still available....

So...tell us....if a member of one of these clubs decides to shoot up a mall, or a theater.....which Swiss gun law stops them?

Perfect, Keep endorsing Switzerland's gun laws. After all, they kept the Nazis away, amiright?

Works for me.

Oh....and you guys would just love the kid's shooting clubs......

About 600,000 Swiss - many of them children - belong to shooting clubs.

On the second weekend in September each year, about 4,000 Zurich girls and boys, aged 12 to 16, take part in Knabenschiessen, a rifle marksmanship contest. The winner is honoured with the title King of the Marksmen.

Yep, Mr. NRA, I agree, Switzerland does it right.

That weekend in September in Switzerland you're talking about? We call that any given Tuesday afternoon in the states.

th

Hey twit.....we have 357,000,000 guns in the United States....out of all of those privately owned guns we had 586 accidental gun deaths.......can you tell the difference between those 2 numbers?

And 90% of all of our gun murder...is committed by convicted felons....which means they cannot legally own or carry the guns they are using to commit crimes.....and 70-80% of the gun murder victims are also felons....

What we do have, however, are prosecutors and judges who do not take gun crimes seriously, and then, like you, bitch about gun crime...as they continuously let felons caught with illegal guns go free...often because they don't want to be bothered to put them away.....or they are afraid of being called racists since the majority of felons with guns are black and hispanic.......
Given your failed, moronic positing history, you’re in no position to refer to others as ‘twit.’

And you’re just as much an ignorant putz as the OP – the thread premise in fact fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Works for me.

Wrong.....

The authorities made one concession, though: since 2008, all military — but not private — ammunition must be stored in central arsenals rather than in soldiers’ homes. The debate culminated in a nationwide referendum last year, when 56% of voters rejected the proposal initiated by anti-gun organizations to ban army rifles from homes altogether.

-----------

One of the reasons the crime rate in Switzerland is low despite the prevalence of weapons — and also why the Swiss mentality can’t be transposed to the current American reality — is the culture of responsibility and safety that is anchored in society and passed from generation to generation.

Kids as young as 12 belong to gun groups in their local communities, where they learn sharpshooting.

And yet, despite such easy access to pistols and rifles, “no members have ever used their guns for criminal purposes,” says Max Flueckiger, the association’s spokesperson.

Great, it's settled, Switzerland does it right.

Yeah...as that article showed...their gun laws don't stop mass shootings either. Their people just don't do mass shootings...since they have access to guns...as the article shows, yet they don't go into public places that often and shoot people......but when they do have a nut...as the article also showed...their gun laws don't stop them....since they confiscated the gunmans' guns....and he still got guns and shot up the place.....

Again...mandating that every home have a fully automatic rifle is wrong......the government can't tell us what we can have and they can't tell us what we must have...

Why is it so hard for you nut jobs to understand that simple concept....?

Works for me.

Perfect, Keep endorsing Switzerland's gun laws. After all, they kept the Nazis away, amiright?

Yes.....435,000 Swiss with rifles did keep the nazis from invading...too bad the rest of Europe disarmed their law abiding citizens....had they kept their guns they wouldn't have had 6-12 million people murdered by the nazis and there is a good chance the German miltiary leadership wouldn't have supported hitler's war....

th

Given your failed, moronic positing history, you’re in no position to refer to others as ‘twit.’

And you’re just as much an ignorant putz as the OP – the thread premise in fact fails as a false comparison fallacy.

When I read your posts....I think they read like Kristian's posts....they make as much sense.....

th

You are a good example of NRA gun culture that is hardly seen in Switzerland. The Swiss determine manhood on something other than the number of guns you own.

Works for me.

Yes.....435,000 Swiss with rifles did keep the nazis from invading...too bad the rest of Europe disarmed their law abiding citizens....had they kept their guns they wouldn't have had 6-12 million people murdered by the nazis and there is a good chance the German miltiary leadership wouldn't have supported hitler's war....
Several surrounding countries to Switzerland have more guns per capita than Switzerland. Germany had a lot more guns than Switzerland in 1939 but the Swiss kept the Germans away. Imagine that they did so with fewer guns than the Germans. The NRA would say that is impossible.

So our murder rate should go down once the gangbangers are better armed, eh?

No.....putting thugs in jail when they get caught carrying a gun or using a gun for crime is how you get the murder rate to go down.....

And just a reminder......in the 1990s, 2 million people carried guns for self defense....in 2007, 4.7 million people carried guns for self defense....and the gun murder rate went down......in 2013....13 million people carried guns for self defense...and the gun murder rate went down again......

So Arming Americans 1) does not increase the gun murder rate...so you anti gun loons are wrong on that....and 2) the gun murder rate went down as more Americans carried guns for self defense....

Now if we actually put gun criminals in prison, like Japan does for 30 years...our gun crime rate will plummet even more.....
The conservative propaganda on Switzerland and guns is as much myth as fact.

Wrong....name one myth genius....

That the high rate of gun ownership in Switzerland causes the low murder rate.

No. Their culture causes the low murder rate.....guns just keep people safe in high crime areas....
Guns without ammo? I'll vote for that.

Forum List

Back