Sydney Powell's "Excuse" puts the BIG LIE of election fraud to rest...

Can you admit election fraud is a lie?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
At times Powell may have been speaking rhetorically or generically.

I think the election may have been stolen
It s possible Dominion voting machines could be hacked
Protected speech

But Sidney Powell made specific allegations against Dominion and stated them as facts.

Dominion voting machines are changing votes
Dominion was paid by Hugo Chavez to fix elections

Neither is true and she knew it.

She will lose Bigly and pay everything she has
Powell knows there was fraud so does 100 million or more Americans.
sorry
still not engaging in your wild fantasies

Protected speech

But Sidney Powell made specific allegations against Dominion and stated them as facts.

Powell is the fraud and admitted it before court.

Protected speech

She also admitted Lastamender is a gullible moron

The lawsuit against her,. was nothing more then a chilling attack on the first amendment...then the leftist media's propaganda and outright lies about her motion...well that's just par for the course for the leftist propaganda....they know their uninformed fish will jump at the click bait, read the headline, and never attempt to do more...they are called dembots for a reason

The lawsuit against her,. was nothing more then a chilling attack on the first amendment...then the leftist media's propaganda and outright lies about her motion...well that's just par for the course for the leftist propaganda....they know their uninformed fish will jump at the click bait, read the headline, and never attempt to do more...they are called dembots for a reason
Y’all used to love defamation lawsuits. I guess you don’t like a taste of your own medicine.

You don’t have a First Amendment right to lie

Sidney Powell will be given every opportunity to prove her claims against Dominion.

If she can’t.....
She will get what she deserves

Protected speech

when and where? I'll wait

So, Powell is couching her defense behind “schtick”.

Priceless...

Y’all used to love defamation lawsuits. I guess you don’t like a taste of your own medicine.
I have no problem with them...when they actually have a bases in law. This one doesn't.....

Sidney Powell will be given every opportunity to prove her claims against Dominion.

If she can’t.....
Sure you do....but she didn't lie...the only liar being exposed so far was the Post with their lie about her motion.

She doesn't have the burden to prove anything...she didn't bring the lawsuit...it's on Dominion...

She'll win at summery judgement...they have no case.

I have no problem with them...when they actually have a bases in law. This one doesn't.....

Of course it does. Powell was making crap up and it hurt the reputation of this company. That’s exactly what this law is intended to protect against.

Protected speech

Read the OP. Powell stated that her statements were not to be taken as factual statements.

Protected speech

She also admitted Lastamender is a gullible moron
Despite this admission, the gullible morons will be the last to realize it.

Protected speech

Read the OP. Powell stated that her statements were not to be taken as factual statements.

hahah apparently you didn't read the OP..click, the link:

Page 27: Powell Motion to Dismiss;

Analyzed under these factors, and even assuming, arguendo, that each of the statements alleged in the Complaint could be proved true or false, no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact.
Bland reports this triumphantly as an admittance that Powell was making everything up.
But Powell’s motion is addressing Dominion’s allegations, in its complaint, that some of her words in speeches and television appearances, cannot be proven as “fact.” Such that the 2020 election fraud was the “greatest crime of the century if not the life of the world.” Furthermore, Powell argues, such speech is protected under the First Amendment.

Page 42 Powell Motion to Dismiss:
She and others appeared at a rally called “Stop the Steal,” which the Complaint identifies as a “Georgia political rally.” Id. at ¶ 1. She claimed that she had evidence that the election result was the “greatest crime of the century if not the life of the world.”
Reasonable people understand that the “language of the political arena, like the language used in labor disputes … is often vituperative, abusive and inexact.” Watts v. United States, 394 U.S. 705, 708 (1969).

Bland and the Washington Post cherry pick a few words of Powell’s motion and twist it from its true, reasonable meaning, into something Powell never said. Powell is making a distinction between rhetorical speech, which you cannot be sued for, and statements of provable fact

Of course it does. Powell was making crap up and it hurt the reputation of this company. That’s exactly what this law is intended to protect against.
No, it has no bases in law....she didn't hurt the reputation of the company...Nike can't sue me for saying their new shoes suck, and are cheap...

moreover Dominion has suffered no damage...they know that...they can't succeed on this, and they know it. it was filed simply to chill speech.

Gullible leftists eagerly swallowed it whole without question.
You mat be authorized to speak for your "leftists", whoever they are, but no "reasonable" person ever bought Powell's absurd "Big Lie."

Trump's goons who attacked Congress based upon that "Big Lie" are, obviously, not "reasonable" people, and hundreds have been identified and arrested.

Meanwhile, not even a single conspirator out of what Powell claimed were "thousands" complicit in the election fraud fantasy has yet been named, several months later, not by any Republican prosecutor, not by any media Trump bum kissers.

Bland and the Washington Post cherry pick a few words of Powell’s motion and twist it from its true, reasonable meaning, into something Powell never said. Powell is making a distinction between rhetorical speech, which you cannot be sued for, and statements of provable fact
Powell was alleging that everything she was saying was factual and provable.

Even the example provided “greatest crime of the century” alleges a crime. A crime is a provable event and she claimed repeatedly that she intended to prove it.

Now she’s saying that the “crime” was rhetorical?

Hell no.

No, it has no bases in law....she didn't hurt the reputation of the company...Nike can't sue me for saying their new shoes suck, and are cheap...

moreover Dominion has suffered no damage...they know that...they can't succeed on this, and they know it. it was filed simply to chill speech.
Your opinion of Nike’s shoes is very much an opinion. Not provable.

Sayjng that Dominion was owned and founded by Chavez and was used to steal the election is not an opinion. It’s a statement of fact. These allegations absolutely harmed the reputation of the company.

If she can’t.....
Sure you do....but she didn't lie...the only liar being exposed so far was the Post with their lie about her motion.

She doesn't have the burden to prove anything...she didn't bring the lawsuit...it's on Dominion...

She'll win at summery judgement...they have no case.
She didn’t lie?
Well good for her.

She will have a chance to prove her statements were factual just as Dominion will have a chance to prove them false.

Dominion will also prove she had an expectation to know they were false ......her recent claims already prove that.

Next, Dominion will show damages....and they are heavy

Powell was alleging that everything she was saying was factual and provable.

Even the example provided “greatest crime of the century” alleges a crime. A crime is a provable event and she claimed repeatedly that she intended to prove it.

Now she’s saying that the “crime” was rhetorical?

Hell no.
greatest crime of the century is an opinion.

Yeah...folks say things are "criminal" all the time, even though they don't violate the criminal code.

when something is completely and utterly bad
friend at late night saturday party: I have to get up at 6am tomorrow morning for work
friend2: dude! that's criminal!

Forum List

Back