Sydney Powell's "Excuse" puts the BIG LIE of election fraud to rest...

Can you admit election fraud is a lie?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
The lawsuit against her,. was nothing more then a chilling attack on the first amendment...then the leftist media's propaganda and outright lies about her motion...well that's just par for the course for the leftist propaganda....they know their uninformed fish will jump at the click bait, read the headline, and never attempt to do more...they are called dembots for a reason
Y’all used to love defamation lawsuits. I guess you don’t like a taste of your own medicine.
I have no problem with them...when they actually have a bases in law. This one doesn't.....

Of course it does. Powell was making crap up and it hurt the reputation of this company. That’s exactly what this law is intended to protect against.
No, it has no bases in law....she didn't hurt the reputation of the company...Nike can't sue me for saying their new shoes suck, and are cheap...

moreover Dominion has suffered no damage...they know that...they can't succeed on this, and they know it. it was filed simply to chill speech.
Your opinion of Nike’s shoes is very much an opinion. Not provable.

Sayjng that Dominion was owned and founded by Chavez and was used to steal the election is not an opinion. It’s a statement of fact. These allegations absolutely harmed the reputation of the company.
yep and she expressed an opinion of Dominions behavior...and intended to show it...like I can prove my opinion that I think Nikes suck

Show me where Dominion was damaged....

The lawsuit against her,. was nothing more then a chilling attack on the first amendment...then the leftist media's propaganda and outright lies about her motion...well that's just par for the course for the leftist propaganda....they know their uninformed fish will jump at the click bait, read the headline, and never attempt to do more...they are called dembots for a reason
You don’t have a First Amendment right to lie

Sidney Powell will be given every opportunity to prove her claims against Dominion.

If she can’t.....
She will get what she deserves
Sure you do....but she didn't lie...the only liar being exposed so far was the Post with their lie about her motion.

She doesn't have the burden to prove anything...she didn't bring the lawsuit...it's on Dominion...

She'll win at summery judgement...they have no case.
She didn’t lie?
Well good for her.

She will have a chance to prove her statements were factual just as Dominion will have a chance to prove them false.

Dominion will also prove she had an expectation to know they were false ......her recent claims already prove that.

Next, Dominion will show damages....and they are heavy
She has no burden of proof..the Planitiff does...don't you know how the justice system works in the USA?

Bland and the Washington Post cherry pick a few words of Powell’s motion and twist it from its true, reasonable meaning, into something Powell never said. Powell is making a distinction between rhetorical speech, which you cannot be sued for, and statements of provable fact
Powell was alleging that everything she was saying was factual and provable.

Even the example provided “greatest crime of the century” alleges a crime. A crime is a provable event and she claimed repeatedly that she intended to prove it.

Now she’s saying that the “crime” was rhetorical?

Hell no.
greatest crime of the century is an opinion.

Yeah...folks say things are "criminal" all the time, even though they don't violate the criminal code.

when something is completely and utterly bad
friend at late night saturday party: I have to get up at 6am tomorrow morning for work
friend2: dude! that's criminal!
Calling it the “greatest” isn’t the relevant portion. Calling it a crime is. A crime isn’t an opinion. It’s a factual allegation. Saying they the term crime was used rhetorically is absolutely absurd given that she was saying she was going to prove it in a court of law and indeed filed lawsuits to that effect.

Bland and the Washington Post cherry pick a few words of Powell’s motion and twist it from its true, reasonable meaning, into something Powell never said. Powell is making a distinction between rhetorical speech, which you cannot be sued for, and statements of provable fact

Even the example provided “greatest crime of the century” alleges a crime. A crime is a provable event and she claimed repeatedly that she intended to prove it.

Hell no.

Yeah...folks say things are "criminal" all the time, even though they don't violate the criminal code.

friend at late night saturday party: I have to get up at 6am tomorrow morning for work
Calling it the “greatest” isn’t the relevant portion. Calling it a crime is. A crime isn’t an opinion. It’s a factual allegation. Saying they the term crime was used rhetorically is absolutely absurd given that she was saying she was going to prove it in a court of law and indeed filed lawsuits to that effect.
Check my link I provided you....yes the expression that something is a criminal can be an opinion. Look at the example I provided.

Sidney Powell will be given every opportunity to prove her claims against Dominion.

If she can’t.....
Sure you do....but she didn't lie...the only liar being exposed so far was the Post with their lie about her motion.

She doesn't have the burden to prove anything...she didn't bring the lawsuit...it's on Dominion...

She didn’t lie?
Well good for her.

She will have a chance to prove her statements were factual just as Dominion will have a chance to prove them false.

Dominion will also prove she had an expectation to know they were false ......her recent claims already prove that.

She has no burden of proof..the Planitiff does...don't you know how the justice system works in the USA?
Very true.

She can allow Dominion to prove in court that her statements are false and not make a defense against them

If she can’t.....

She didn’t lie?
Well good for her.

Very true.

She can allow Dominion to prove in court that her statements are false and not make a defense against them
and that's not enough for her to be found liable and Dominion to win. Dominion knows that...or their lawyers certainly should

Hell no.

Check my link I provided you....yes the expression that something is a criminal can be an opinion. Look at the example I provided.
She is claiming specific criminal acts by Dominion
She can’t back it up in court without perjuring herself

Y’all used to love defamation lawsuits. I guess you don’t like a taste of your own medicine.
I have no problem with them...when they actually have a bases in law. This one doesn't.....

Of course it does. Powell was making crap up and it hurt the reputation of this company. That’s exactly what this law is intended to protect against.
No, it has no bases in law....she didn't hurt the reputation of the company...Nike can't sue me for saying their new shoes suck, and are cheap...

moreover Dominion has suffered no damage...they know that...they can't succeed on this, and they know it. it was filed simply to chill speech.

Sayjng that Dominion was owned and founded by Chavez and was used to steal the election is not an opinion. It’s a statement of fact. These allegations absolutely harmed the reputation of the company.
yep and she expressed an opinion of Dominions behavior...and intended to show it...like I can prove my opinion that I think Nikes suck

That’s not what an opinion is. An opinion cannot be proven wrong. You can’t prove Nike’s suck. You can prove if the Nike’s are made of cardboard. So if you say Nike’s suck, they’d fine. If you say Nike’s suck because they’re made of cardboard, that’s not just an opinion, that’s a factual allegation.

You can prove if someone committed a crime. You can prove if a company was founded by someone.

Powell’s statements are filled with allegations of factual events, which cannot be considered opinions.

If she can’t.....

She didn’t lie?
Well good for her.

Very true.

and that's not enough for her to be found liable and Dominion to win. Dominion knows that...or their lawyers certainly should

Dominion is building an irrefutable case that her statements are false and that the damages are extensive.

Even Trump is smart enough to know how to say.......”People are saying that Dominion is switching votes”

Sidney Powell stated it as fact.
As an attorney, she should know better

Hell no.

She is claiming specific criminal acts by Dominion
She can’t back it up in court without perjuring herself
hahah this will be tossed...it won't be in court...Dominion doesn't have a case.

So why won't the states open up their doors and allow for audits?

Have you ever worked a precinct poll station on election day, poster?
Those votes are counted and re-counted.
Anything 'questionable' in the eyes of the hierarchy of responsible election officials ----Republican and Democrats----is counted again.
And then the vote is 'certified' locally, by the local site official.
Then it is re-checked by the county official. (depends on states. Voting is 'state'-specific in America.)
And then the state's electors certify the vote.

You can keep asking for more certifications and more audits ad infinitum.
But there comes a time when the responsible authorities ---Republican and Democrat ---will say 'It is an valid legal election.

And if YOU, poster MaBelle, want a further audit....then gather up your group, create a GoFundMe page, or find a financial angel....and pay for it. Don't duck & run and try to get the American taxpayer to fund your whining.

The Trump Campaign did exactly that in Wisonsin. They paid $3,000,000 (?? I'm not exactly sure they have 'paid', given Trump's long established record of 'stiffing' folks).

Anyway, the point is....after all those certifications paid for by the taxpayers.......any further sifting & sorting need be paid for the so-called aggrieved party, the dis-believing party. Trump asked for a re-count in Wisconsin. The 'charge' was $3,000,000.

And it showed that Joe Biden won by even more votes (about 90) than the original count.
So throw your checkbook onto the table, poster.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does an article from 2017 have to do with elections?

Oh, that's easy poster MaBelle.
It shows a pattern of the Trump-think folks of making outrageous claims that elevate their own qualities and/or depreciate their opponents qualities.

And when run to ground and required to "Prove it".......they claim "Oh, just kidding".
e.g., Don Trump, KrakenPot Powell, ShirtTucker Guiliani, Hannity, Alex Jones. ALL of them have hyped Don Trump's 'stolen election' lie. Jones did it moments before Trump did it on the very same stage on the Ellipse on January 6th.
And all of them........have a record of run & hid when pinned: "Just kidding". "I'm an entertainer. Not a newsman'......yadda, yadda, yadda.

That’s not what an opinion is. An opinion cannot be proven wrong. You can’t prove Nike’s suck. You can prove if the Nike’s are made of cardboard. So if you say Nike’s suck, they’d fine. If you say Nike’s suck because they’re made of cardboard, that’s not just an opinion, that’s a factual allegation.

You can prove if someone committed a crime. You can prove if a company was founded by someone.

Powell’s statements are filled with allegations of factual events, which cannot be considered opinions.
I am still waiting on Dominion to prove their harm...it's their burden

If she can’t.....

She didn’t lie?
Well good for her.

Very true.

Dominion is building an irrefutable case that her statements are false and that the damages are extensive.
what are the damages?

"Why don’t you challenge my post."

Ah, poster Markwees. Please go back to post #70 of this thread.
Read it carefully. Ask questions if you do not readily understand.

But.......but that post is challenging your post, challenging your avatar.

Post 70 asks YOU.....to prove it.

And that, my friend, is a Captain Obvious moment.

Forum List

Back