T-shirts at a memorial service aren't political?

Anyone with common sense knows the Left/Democrats have been disgraceful is using this tragedy for political gain. They think they've gained something but in reality they've lost a lot of respect & credibility. The Silent Majority is pissed at them for their handling of this awful tragedy. They wont forget. The Democrats have reached rock-bottom. They can't stoop any lower.

How do you know who the "silent majority" are if they're silent?

You guys have been caught in the Obama political machine. The phrase comes from Barrack himself and was not so cleverly hidden. Now your going to play the deflection and denial game until the next screw up.

So let's assume for a moment that it WAS a subtle political strategy. What's wrong with unity? How many presidents (and candidates therefor) have called for unity among all Americans? I'd venture to guess every single one. Here's a hint: Whomever the candidate for the Republican Party is for 2012 had better ALSO call for unity, or he/she is finished.

You guys have been caught in the Obama political machine. The phrase comes from Barrack himself and was not so cleverly hidden. Now your going to play the deflection and denial game until the next screw up.

So let's assume for a moment that it WAS a subtle political strategy. What's wrong with unity? How many presidents (and candidates therefor) have called for unity among all Americans? I'd venture to guess every single one. Here's a hint: Whomever the candidate for the Republican Party is for 2012 had better ALSO call for unity, or he/she is finished.

It means little coming from a man you has asked for that before to meet his own political agenda.

There is a great political divide that the left sees only compromise to their position as unity.

Perhaps some MAJOR concessions from Mr. Obama first?

Once again, so? Someone's blog also begins with "Love Thy Neighbor." Why do people have a problem with thriving in unity, whether it's on Obama's website or used as the slogan for the Tucson memorial service? Remember the slogan following 911? It was "UNITED WE STAND" -- who had a problem with that? :eusa_eh:

Wow.. the left is defending bible quotes now?

Awesome!

:eusa_drool:

But of course...liberals never go to church. :cuckoo:

Once again, so? Someone's blog also begins with "Love Thy Neighbor." Why do people have a problem with thriving in unity, whether it's on Obama's website or used as the slogan for the Tucson memorial service? Remember the slogan following 911? It was "UNITED WE STAND" -- who had a problem with that? :eusa_eh:

Maybe it is just me Maggie, but I think it is a bit premature to say they are going to thrive when they just suffered the loss of six people. Among them a husband willing to shield his wife from bullets with his body, a federal judge and promising 9 year old. The phrase doesn't seem to recognize the loss, but is mostly political in nature.

If that's the way you wish to continue to condense it, then carry on and continue to look foolish.

This is what happens when supposedly smart people forget where a public university gets its money.

And the unfounded projections just keep on coming.

University of Arizona spokesperson Jennifer Fitzenberger told me that the shirts were, indeed, provided by the University. “The University wanted to give people something to remember that symbolized community spirit and continued the event’s positive energy into the future,” she said.

According to Fitzenberger, the shirts were designed by a University of Arizona student, and they cost about $60,000. “The University will pay for them,” she noted. “No tuition, state allocations, tax dollars or student fees will be used.”

In other words, the University undoubtedly has a slush fund already existing that pays for such things.

I'm going to be nice and not comment.

Go right ahead. I already know you have tunnel vision.

slush fund

money for illegal activities: money set aside by a business or other organization for corrupt activities such as the bribery of public officials

money for entertainment: money set aside to use for fun or entertainment expenses

luxury fund for ship's crew: money raised by selling refuse from a ship to pay for small luxuries for the crew

See full definition · Encarta World English Dictionary

Who paid for and made them? Why?

Shirts sit on the back of chairs before a memorial service for ... - Yahoo! News Photos

capt.ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-0.jpg

r51761037.jpg

The shirts came from "Organizing for America" Theme of “Together We Thrive” T-shirt came from Obama’s Organizing for America
They Couldn’t Help It… Team Obama Hands Out T-Shirts at Pep Rally Memorial | The Gateway Pundit

It means little coming from a man you has asked for that before to meet his own political agenda.

There is a great political divide that the left sees only compromise to their position as unity.

Perhaps some MAJOR concessions from Mr. Obama first?

You get to keep your tax cuts for another couple of years. Let's see what else gets compromised in the next two years. A presidential candidate's agenda (or even when he gets elected) OBVIOUSLY is not going to please the other "side," let alone the entire country. Congress, made up of 535 people, are NOT all going to agree nor are 300 million citizens. I have no idea why you even entertain the idea that Obama should just start caving because he gets opposition to HIS agenda. It doesn't happen that way.

And the unfounded projections just keep on coming.

University of Arizona spokesperson Jennifer Fitzenberger told me that the shirts were, indeed, provided by the University. “The University wanted to give people something to remember that symbolized community spirit and continued the event’s positive energy into the future,” she said.

According to Fitzenberger, the shirts were designed by a University of Arizona student, and they cost about $60,000. “The University will pay for them,” she noted. “No tuition, state allocations, tax dollars or student fees will be used.”

In other words, the University undoubtedly has a slush fund already existing that pays for such things.

slush fund

money for illegal activities: money set aside by a business or other organization for corrupt activities such as the bribery of public officials

money for entertainment: money set aside to use for fun or entertainment expenses

luxury fund for ship's crew: money raised by selling refuse from a ship to pay for small luxuries for the crew

Most common usage is first, unless it has a particular use in the subject, like say, target in Congressional elections.

Please continue your politcal hacking.

slush fund

Most common usage is first, unless it has a particular use in the subject, like say, target in Congressional elections.

Please continue your politcal hacking.

If you read back through my comments, I'm attempting to make YOU stop YOUR political hacking. (As I count to ten each time. You might try that yourself.)

Re the "slush fund," I should have chosen a "non-political" word, for sure. "Contingency Fund" would have been better. My bad.

Last edited:

Oh, you mean the title of a single blog post from 3 years ago?

Don't be an idiot. The University came up with the name and theme of the event, and handed out the t-shirts. Keep up.

Don't be an idiot. The University came up with the name and theme of the event, and handed out the t-shirts. Keep up.

yeah sure they did.:eusa_shhh:

You'd believe the sky was purple if a conservative blogger said it was. Your opinion is meaningless to me.

The t-shirts may not have been a great idea, but it's not way over the top or anything like that. How was that shirt used to make the event a political one for Obama? The shirt is pretty apolitical if you ask me. Plus there's no proof it was the work of Obama. Having worked at a university basketball stadium before (including for guest speakers), what we used to handout were 100% from the school-not from the speaker. I'm guessing that's what this is.

Sure enough, no proof what so ever
:eusa_whistle:

Being devoutly enviro-conscious, the Obama Administration believes in recycling. For example, the branding they slapped on the Tucson Massacre was recycled from 2008 Organizing for America propaganda. Via Zilla of the Resistance:
together-we-thrive-1.jpg

together-we-thrive-2.jpg

Who knew Papa Obama's website is part of the "right-wing"

Truth is hard for the Left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

Last edited:

You'd believe the sky was purple if a conservative blogger said it was. Your opinion is meaningless to me.

Apparently, yours is not worth too much either....
Unless of course. Papa Obama's website means nothing to you (join the club with the rest of the US)

See above post
:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back