Taking "credit" for Carrier???

I guess other Presidents should have bragged publicly every time they saved a thousand jobs from moving by giving tax breaks.

Seriously... everyone wants people to keep their jobs, this is just an argument between political party differences. If Obama had worked out this deal, the roles would be reversed and Republicans on this board would be all over Obama blaming him for stuff and saying he is being stupid for bragging about saving 1,000 jobs...by saying 2,000+ jobs are still leaving every day from other companies.

Trump brags about doing this and the Republicans are throwing a fucking party about it... and the Democrats are wondering WTF is going on, and pissed because when someone from their party saved jobs Republicans always found something negative about it.

You do realize that you're complaining that those jobs were saved, don't you?

No, I'm not. Reading comprehension is a good thing yo?

I'm complaining because Trump supporters are being stupid about perpetuating a cycle of non-partisanship. Trump saved 1,000 jobs. Great! He did so by providing tax breaks to the company... which he said he wouldn't do when campaigning... but ok he saved 1,000 jobs nonetheless. Now you guys are bragging about it like he just saved the world. And Democrats are pissed because first, Trump lied about how he was going to handle this type of situation with companies threatening to move to Mexico, and secondly, because any Democratic President that would have done this, you guys would have been all up in his ass saying how he gave away YOUR tax dollars... or how he is taking credit for saving 1,000 jobs when such and such company moved 2,000 or more jobs.

Fucking quit being such dicks and try to start having a little empathy for the other party so everyone can work together to have a great country.

Ahh shaddup, I notie the wannabe Boy King Obungles didn't get it done.

Stupid retort........what happened to Indiana's governor's attempts to keep those jobs in his state???

Your OP is just more whining and butthurt....duly noted.

Here, nitwit. Choke on it

Get Ready for the Trump Jobs Rally

I told these dumb ass libs the contrast between what Trump gets done and what Obama has failed to do will be staggering. Trump isn't even president yet and he's already on the job and getting it done. Obama was probably playing golf and goofing off at this point in 2008.

now the trick is for Carrier to keep their product in a price range that competes with other companies, and stay in business ...

the devil is in the details ..

Nope, Carrier will use this as an opportunity when it comes contract time to cut raises, raise insurance costs, and cut other benefits...saying that by staying in the U.S. their cost to manufacture went up. Then when their current building contract is up, and they no longer get a tax break, they will either move to Mexico or threaten to move to Mexico.

Trump isn't even president yet and he's already on the job and getting it done.

Except Pence did it because Trump cant authorize any funds sooo...

Suck it lib Trump is making Obama look bad already. Its going to be a LONG 4 to 8 years for you leftwits. If Trump keeps this up the American people will rally to him and nobody will give a shit about the juvenile whining from the left. RIP progressives.

Lets face it!!!

Carrier wanted to shift most of its production to Monterey, Mexico where workers earn $3 per hour, versus $26 per hour from an Indianapolis US worker......THAT economic reality is beyond debate and only the abolishing of "free trade" and the imposition of high import taxes could ever counter that reality.

So, what does Trump and Pence do? They offer (or threaten) the parent company, IT, with government contracts...which is tantamount to tax payers' dollars to supplement the jobs from carrier to remain in the US for a short while.

Taking "credit" for such a deal is conning the rest of us.....which is expected from an orange charlatan who Romney adequately labeled a "fraud"....
Would you rather the government hand over 500 million and still have Carrier leave the country like Solyndra did?

Suck it lib Trump is making Obama look bad already. Its going to be a LONG 4 to 8 years for you leftwits. If Trump keeps this up the American people will rally to him and nobody will give a shit about the juvenile whining from the left. RIP progressives.

He used his VP's power to save 1,000 jobs... not much more than how many jobs he lied about saving in Kentucky.

He has already back tracked on another campaign promise... is there a campaign promise he has kept yet? And he isn't even in office yet!

Carrier was moving to Mexico for a reason, to cut their production costs .. now all thats left are employee wages and benefits ... those $15-$20 an hour jobs just became min wage jobs ...

good job donnieboi ..

Great work by Trump

Obama saved the US auto industry....Trump salvaged 1000 jobs

GM loan was a "Save The Unions" loan and has yet to be fully paid back, Chrysler, I think, did pay it back, and Ford didn't accept a loan and worked their own asses out of the fire.

A hell of a lot of $$ for a couple of companies that still have a few issues.

I'm not too sure the risk/reward factor was very profitable.

Carrier will not have to pay back its tax incentives

Obama saved the banks and auto industry
Trump is running a "victory lap" for temporarily saving 1000 jobs

"Carrier will not have to pay back its tax incentives"

Huh? News flash: A tax incentive isn't a loan. It's an incentive to keep jobs and goods in America.

Saving the auto industry and banks = government picking winners and losers.

I already made a statement about the auto industry, so this time I'll address banks.

Not all banks were in dire straights due to the housing crash that was, in large part, created by the government. There were many bank, that thanks to them recognizing the Ponzi scheme in home mortgaging, stayed out of that mess and remained profitable. The Obama administration still "forced" them to take bail out money that actually hurt their bottom line. The administration let some banks fail while propping up others without rhyme or reason. They didn't help the "home town" banks that supported small businesses across America, and that allowed large conglomerates to setup shop. That's one of the reason so many small businesses have failed under Obama's watch. Their source for capital dried up.

While the bail out, overall, did what he intended I suppose, there were some pretty severe consequences that haven't really been addressed.

I guess other Presidents should have bragged publicly every time they saved a thousand jobs from moving by giving tax breaks.

Seriously... everyone wants people to keep their jobs, this is just an argument between political party differences. If Obama had worked out this deal, the roles would be reversed and Republicans on this board would be all over Obama blaming him for stuff and saying he is being stupid for bragging about saving 1,000 jobs...by saying 2,000+ jobs are still leaving every day from other companies.

Trump brags about doing this and the Republicans are throwing a fucking party about it... and the Democrats are wondering WTF is going on, and pissed because when someone from their party saved jobs Republicans always found something negative about it.

I'm complaining because Trump supporters are being stupid about perpetuating a cycle of non-partisanship. Trump saved 1,000 jobs. Great! He did so by providing tax breaks to the company... which he said he wouldn't do when campaigning... but ok he saved 1,000 jobs nonetheless. Now you guys are bragging about it like he just saved the world. And Democrats are pissed because first, Trump lied about how he was going to handle this type of situation with companies threatening to move to Mexico, and secondly, because any Democratic President that would have done this, you guys would have been all up in his ass saying how he gave away YOUR tax dollars... or how he is taking credit for saving 1,000 jobs when such and such company moved 2,000 or more jobs.

Fucking quit being such dicks and try to start having a little empathy for the other party so everyone can work together to have a great country.

You're the one complaining about a president elect achieving those job savings while your president didn't. Those 2000 jobs you mentioned were lost while your waste of skin was president...not the president elect. Now you call the victors dicks. You are certainly a card carrying leftist.

Carrier was moving to Mexico for a reason, to cut their production costs .. now all thats left are employee wages and benefits ... those $15-$20 an hour jobs just became min wage jobs ...

good job donnieboi ..

Yep, Carrier will place a wage freeze, lower the new starting wage, and force retirement on the older employees.

You can say that all you like but Pence put up the money. Reality cant stop you from lying but at least people know

He used his VP's power to save 1,000 jobs... not much more than how many jobs he lied about saving in Kentucky.

He has already back tracked on another campaign promise... is there a campaign promise he has kept yet? And he isn't even in office yet!
:crybaby:

You can say that all you like but Pence put up the money. Reality cant stop you from lying but at least people know
:fu:

good job donnieboi ..

Yep, Carrier will place a wage freeze, lower the new starting wage, and force retirement on the older employees.

sure they will, but dont tell the idiot RW's, they somehow believe Carrier will remain status quo ...

Carrier employees can start looking for job # 2 just to make ends meet ..

Great work by Trump

GM loan was a "Save The Unions" loan and has yet to be fully paid back, Chrysler, I think, did pay it back, and Ford didn't accept a loan and worked their own asses out of the fire.

Huh? News flash: A tax incentive isn't a loan. It's an incentive to keep jobs and goods in America.

I already made a statement about the auto industry, so this time I'll address banks.

Not all banks were in dire straights due to the housing crash that was, in large part, created by the government. There were many bank, that thanks to them recognizing the Ponzi scheme in home mortgaging, stayed out of that mess and remained profitable. The Obama administration still "forced" them to take bail out money that actually hurt their bottom line. The administration let some banks fail while propping up others without rhyme or reason. They didn't help the "home town" banks that supported small businesses across America that allowed large conglomerates to setup shop. That's one of the reason so many small businesses have filed under Obama's watch. Their source for capital dried up.

While the bail out, overall, did what he intended I suppose, there were some pretty severe consequences that haven't really been addressed.

Wait, you mean in trouble because of the government, that then created Dodd-Frank so that this wouldn't happen again...and the same Dodd-Frank that Trump is going to get rid of? Getting Dodd-Frank without any idea of something to fix Dodd-Frank's problems?

You're the one complaining about a president elect achieving those job savings while your president didn't. Those 2000 jobs you mentioned were lost while your waste of skin was president...not the president elect. Now you call the victors dicks. You are certainly a card carrying leftist.

I'm not complaining about jobs being saved...I'm complaining because if a Democrat or someone other than a Republican had done the SAME exact thing, you would be complaining about it. Don't you fucking get it?

I'm also complaining because Trump said he wouldn't do this EXACT same thing when he was campaigning, and you all ate it up like the fucking gospel. Trump wasn't going to take threats from companies to move to Mexico...he was going to fucking threaten them back with huge taxes!

Instead... he gives them tax breaks to stay. He's a fucking liar...and you supporters take it... again and again.

Great work by Trump

Not all banks were in dire straights due to the housing crash that was, in large part, created by the government. There were many bank, that thanks to them recognizing the Ponzi scheme in home mortgaging, stayed out of that mess and remained profitable. The Obama administration still "forced" them to take bail out money that actually hurt their bottom line. The administration let some banks fail while propping up others without rhyme or reason. They didn't help the "home town" banks that supported small businesses across America, and that allowed large conglomerates to setup shop. That's one of the reason so many small businesses have failed under Obama's watch. Their source for capital dried up.

No shit it ain't a loan...GM had to pay back....Carrier gets a gift

It was Trump who profited off the housing crash

Forum List

Back