Tax dollars being spent to condemn free speech

Bull --- We should NEVER disassociate ourselves with our right to free speech. Just like me as a Christian doesn't denouce Obama for not trying to stop that, so called artist, for his cross in urine exhibit. I may despise the "artist" and his work, but I believe in his rights.

If we stop artists and anti-muslim film makers --- the nest step will be to stop Christians from making their own art and movies...

I sure wish liberals had the capacity to see where there errors in judgement will lead!!!
Nakoula Basseley Nakoula (responsible for creating "Innocence of Muslims")

- the California State Board of Equalization filed a $191,000 tax lien against Nakoula in 1997 for owed taxes, interest and penalties dating from 1989 to 1992

- arrested by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department for possession of ephedrine, hydroiodic acid, and $45,000 in cash in 1997

- pleaded guilty to intent to manufacture methamphetamine and was sentenced in 1997 to one year in Los Angeles County Jail and three years probation

- declared bankruptcy in 2000

- violated probation in 2002, and was re-sentenced to another year in county jail

- in 2010, pleaded no contest to federal charges of bank fraud in California and was ordered to pay $794,701 in restitution

- also sentenced to 21 months in federal prison

- released from prison in June 2011 and ordered not to use computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer

- Nakoula was released from a halfway house a few weeks before he filmed "Innocence of Muslims"

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Obamanation" and the OP now accuses liberals of "censoring" the rights of a convicted drug dealer and bank fraudster on probation, to create a film whose only redeeming value was to make a "fast buck."

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula's "constitutional rights" have already cost the lives of 4 innocent Americans, 10 innocent Lybian security guards, jeporadized the lives of countless others and created turmoil throughout the Middle East - constituting another example of "falsely shouting fire in a crowded theatre."

That's the weird things about rights. Since they do not come from the government they don't go away simply because you are a convicted felon.

Then how is it that felons can lose their right to vote, or their right to bear arms?

The 1st Amendment allows the government to favor one religion over another? Since when? have you told the supreme court they got it wrong?

That's not the case here.

It isn't?

The government funded an art show where an artist photographed a crucifix in a jar of urine.

serrano-andres-piss-christ-1987.jpg

Then someone, who got no government funds, made a video that upset a bunch of people who never saw it, and the government condemned it.

Care to explain how that is not favoring one religion over another?

:popcorn:

The president didn't single out Islam.

I'm waiting for you to describe the president's crime, and who would be the proper authority to take legal action to punish him for it.

That's the weird things about rights. Since they do not come from the government they don't go away simply because you are a convicted felon.
Why are Conservatives only capable of viewing "freedom of speech" in the most simplistic terms, completely ignoring the fact that the 1st Amendment doesn't provide one citizen "a blank check" to imperil the lives of others and the security of the nation!

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, a Coptic Christian from Egypt was certainly far more aware than most that the release of his film "Innocence of Muslims," was tantamount to falsely shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre.

Apparently "Quantum Windbag" is only prepared to defend the constitutional rights of Nakoula and ignore those of the 4 innocent American citizens who were killed, the lives of 10 Lybian security guards who gave their lives defending the consulate and film employees claiming that they were deliberately deceived and are living in fear for their lives.

Why do idiots use bold print and categorize people without understanding them? Please point out how making a really bad movie imperils anyone or anything other than the brain cells of the people that see the video.

How, exactly, does "Innocence of Muslims" put anyone in danger of being trampled by a panicked mob?

Since Nakoula did not kill those people I fail to see how me defending his rights in any way proves that I do not appreciate the rights of the people who died. Does the fact that I also support the rights of Muslims who want to call Nakoula a shameless bigot who should die a painful and lingering death mean that I also have no respect for Nakoula's rights? How does that work if I only champion his rights?

Since you can't specify any violation of any law that the president has committed, then you have to concede that the president is just as much within his rights to condemn this film as the person who made it was within his rights to do so in the first place.

"Obamanation" and the OP now accuses liberals of "censoring" the rights of a convicted drug dealer and bank fraudster on probation, to create a film whose only redeeming value was to make a "fast buck."

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula's "constitutional rights" have already cost the lives of 4 innocent Americans, 10 innocent Lybian security guards, jeporadized the lives of countless others and created turmoil throughout the Middle East - constituting another example of "falsely shouting fire in a crowded theatre."

Then how is it that felons can lose their right to vote, or their right to bear arms?

Because the right to vote comes from the government.

That's not the case here.

It isn't?

The government funded an art show where an artist photographed a crucifix in a jar of urine.

serrano-andres-piss-christ-1987.jpg

Then someone, who got no government funds, made a video that upset a bunch of people who never saw it, and the government condemned it.

Care to explain how that is not favoring one religion over another?

:popcorn:

The president didn't single out Islam.

I'm waiting for you to describe the president's crime, and who would be the proper authority to take legal action to punish him for it.

I keep saying government, you keep saying Obama. Despite his own ego, and your stupidity, Obama is not the government.

Believe it or not, the Muslim world is not half as stupid as you are, which means they already know that. You really should get over your bigotry, it makes you look really stupid when you comment on a subject that involves real people.
Considering they don't have freedom of the press... I'm not sure how you can make that assumption.

Can you tell me how the fact that Muslim countries do not have freedom of the press proves that Muslims are unaware that the US government had nothing to do with the video?
They burned and killed a US embassy?

Wouldn't make much sense to do if they knew that it didn't have anything to do with it.

Gotta love a government that stands up for principles.

Marked by the U.S. Embassy seal, advertisements condemning an anti-Islam video appeared on Pakistani television on Thursday in an apparent attempt to undercut anger against the United States, where the film was produced. Hundreds of youths, however, clashed with security officials as they tried in vain to reach the embassy in Islamabad amid anger in many countries over the film's vulgar depiction of the Prophet Muhammad.The advertisements appear to be an effort by the U.S. government to dampen chaos surrounding the film and undo some of the damage to America's image in the Muslim world. Violence linked to the movie has left at least 30 people in seven countries dead, including the American ambassador to Libya. Two people have died in protests in Pakistan.
In recent days, the decision by a French satirical magazine to release cartoons crudely depicting the prophet has added to the tension, as may the upcoming issue of the German satirical magazine Titanic. The magazine's co-editor Martin Sonneborn said it was up to readers to decide whether the cover of an Arab wielding a sword actually depicts the Prophet Muhammad.

Pakistan: anti-film ads feature Obama, Clinton - Yahoo! News

You think having the right of free speech means that that speech is supposed to be free of criticism?

[Can you point out where I mentioned the president at all?

Gee, I don't know. You made the thread. You wrote the first post.

The link you gave to reference your post was this:

Dang, where would I get the idea you were talking about the president?

lolol

Considering they don't have freedom of the press... I'm not sure how you can make that assumption.

Can you tell me how the fact that Muslim countries do not have freedom of the press proves that Muslims are unaware that the US government had nothing to do with the video?

Wouldn't make much sense to do if they knew that it didn't have anything to do with it.

The embassy attack was a preplanned military style assault, all that proves is that Obama screwed up the security.

By the way, the protestors also burned down theaters. Are you saying they did that because they thought the theaters in Muslim countries had something to do with it?

Last edited:

Because the right to vote comes from the government.

You just said rights DON"T come from the government. Which is it?

Natural rights do not come from the government. Unless you can show me examples of voting among fish I am going to stick with my assessment that the right to vote comes from the government.

Marked by the U.S. Embassy seal, advertisements condemning an anti-Islam video appeared on Pakistani television on Thursday in an apparent attempt to undercut anger against the United States, where the film was produced. Hundreds of youths, however, clashed with security officials as they tried in vain to reach the embassy in Islamabad amid anger in many countries over the film's vulgar depiction of the Prophet Muhammad.The advertisements appear to be an effort by the U.S. government to dampen chaos surrounding the film and undo some of the damage to America's image in the Muslim world. Violence linked to the movie has left at least 30 people in seven countries dead, including the American ambassador to Libya. Two people have died in protests in Pakistan.
In recent days, the decision by a French satirical magazine to release cartoons crudely depicting the prophet has added to the tension, as may the upcoming issue of the German satirical magazine Titanic. The magazine's co-editor Martin Sonneborn said it was up to readers to decide whether the cover of an Arab wielding a sword actually depicts the Prophet Muhammad.

You think having the right of free speech means that that speech is supposed to be free of criticism?

Am I the only one that is noticing how stupid the arguments attempting to defend this are? Can anyone point out where I said anything about not being able to criticize?

[Can you point out where I mentioned the president at all?

Gee, I don't know. You made the thread. You wrote the first post.

The link you gave to reference your post was this:

Dang, where would I get the idea you were talking about the president?

lolol

Because you are a blithering idiot?

The embassy attack was a preplanned military style assault, all that proves is that Obama screwed up the security.
*blink*blink*

So... Muslims don't control the government? Didn't a Muslim government official just offer 100k for the head of the guy that made the film?

Military style assault means nothing.

By the way, the protestors also burned down theaters. Are you saying they did that because they thought the theaters in Muslim countries had something to do with it?
*blink*blink*

Maybe they are upset they showed the American film?

*blink*blink*

So... Muslims don't control the government? Didn't a Muslim government official just offer 100k for the head of the guy that made the film?

*blink*blink*

I have no idea if a government official offered a reward for the idiot or not, what does that have to do with anything?

The reason it is a military style assault means something is that it is impossible to toss a bunch of random people onto a street and end up with a well coordinated assault in multiple waves that not only breached the consulate, but prevented rescuers from entering the safe house. That takes planning and practice, despite what you see in the movies.

No one has shown the American film because the film does not exist, all that exist is a online trailer that is about 15 minutes long.

So far all you have managed is to prove how incredibly stupid you are, keep posting.

Am I the only one that is noticing how stupid the arguments attempting to defend this are? Can anyone point out where I said anything about not being able to criticize?

What is obama to condemn movie for 1000 alex...

Fucking retard

*blink*blink*

*blink*blink*

I have no idea if a government official offered a reward for the idiot or not, what does that have to do with anything?

The reason it is a military style assault means something is that it is impossible to toss a bunch of random people onto a street and end up with a well coordinated assault in multiple waves that not only breached the consulate, but prevented rescuers from entering the safe house. That takes planning and practice, despite what you see in the movies.

No one has shown the American film because the film does not exist, all that exist is a online trailer that is about 15 minutes long.

So far all you have managed is to prove how incredibly stupid you are, keep posting.
I uhh... Agree with everything you just said... I just think you should be applying it to yourself. There is good news though... I don't care if you stay the way you are or not. I don't feel the need to prove to you anything. So the conversation is now over.

What is obama to condemn movie for 1000 alex...

Fucking retard

Feel free to point out how the government is equal to Obama. I think that makes the problem here with your programming not being able to comprehend the fact that the US government is not a dictatorship, even if you prefer it that way.

The United States has never believed that religious tolerance means that we cannot denigrate the beliefs of others.

Weren't you just stating the difference between the Government and the We People. So why shouldn't the government let it be known that it was just some asshole who produced that dubbed over nonsense film and it was not the position of the governement.

The United States has never believed that religious tolerance means that we cannot denigrate the beliefs of others.

Weren't you just stating the difference between the Government and the We People. So why shouldn't the government let it be known that it was just some asshole who produced that dubbed over nonsense film and it was not the position of the governement.

I would have no porblem with the government saying that. That, however, is not what they are saying, is it?

Forum List

Back