Tax Revenues Jump 13% To Record High In April — When Will Dems Admit They Were Wrong?

As soon as you admit that cutting tax rates, can and routinely does result in increased tax revenue, from an increase in the economy.
You might want to sit down before I tell you what your propagandists who fed you that stupid meme didn't tell you.

Ready?

Tax revenues have also increased after tax rates were increased.

Go ahead. See for yourself. Look at federal revenues after Clinton hiked tax rates. And then look at federal revenues after Obama hiked tax rates.

I'm sure this knowledge won't stop you from repeating your idiotic half-lie meme, though.

I have no doubt of that whatsoever.

Here is a history of tax rates: https://files.taxfoundation.org/legacy/docs/fed_individual_rate_history_nominal.pdf

Notice how tax rates increased under Bill Clinton in 1993. The top marginal rate increased from 31 percent to 39.6 percent, and stayed that way until 2001.

Now here is a history of federal revenues: Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

Notice how tax revenues INCREASED after the tax rates went UP:

• FY 2000 - $2.03 trillion
  • FY 1999 - $1.82 trillion.
  • FY 1998 - $1.72 trillion.
  • FY 1997 - $1.58 trillion.
  • FY 1996 - $1.45 trillion.
  • FY 1995 - $1.35 trillion.
  • FY 1994 - $1.26 trillion.
  • FY 1993 - $1.15 trillion.
  • FY 1992 - $1.09 trillion.
  • FY 1991 - $1.05 trillion.

Just a few years after Clinton's tax increase, federal revenues had DOUBLED!!!

And after the Bush tax cut expired on the top marginal rate during the Obama regime, federal revenues continued to increase:

• FY 2017 - $3.32 trillion.
  • FY 2016 - $3.27 trillion.
  • FY 2015 - $3.25 trillion.
  • FY 2014 - $3.02 trillion.
  • FY 2013 - $2.77 trillion.

Ain't that a BITCH?

As I have posted on this forum many times, the 10 years prior to Reagan's tax cuts, revenue increased at an average of 12.41%, the 10 years after it increased only at a 5.68% average per year.

The 10 years prior to the Bush II tax cuts revenue increased at an average rate of 6.1%, the 10 after it was down to 1.87%.

Tax cuts always slow revenue growth.

There is not one example of tax revenue growing faster after a tax cut than before.

I never said it would grow 'faster'.

If I spend $1,000 a year. And then my income is $1,000, and this year it only grows by $100. Slower than any other year.....

How do you end up with debt? You don't. The only way you end up with debt, is if your spending increases faster than your income.

Debt only happens when you increase your spending to more than your income. If you control your spending, it won't matter if your income increases by a little, or a lot, you'll never end up in debt.

In order for a tax cut to result in debt, you have to prove that revenue went DOWN. There is no such example of revenue decreasing after a reasonable tax cut.

We on the right-wing have always said, we want spending to DECREASE. We want spending to be CUT.

Cut the spending. We are spending to much. Entitlements take up almost 2/3rds of the entire budget. It's too much.

And by the way... one of the major reasons we're against higher taxes is because the way the people on the left work, it's never enough. You look at Europe, they all pay double the taxes we pay, and they still demand more.

No matter how high the taxes go, no matter how many trillions the government collects.... it's never enough. You always want more.

So... no. The answer is no. You don't get anymore money. You cut spending. The spoiled brat syndrome needs to end.

Yes, you on the right-wing have always said we want spending to decrase, then you vote for people that increase it. I put more stock in your actions than you empty words.

What the tax cut does is result in MORE debt, as the amount coming in goes down the amount being spent does not change.

If I make 1000 a month and I am spending 1200 a month, then I take a pay cut and I am only making 800 a month while my spending stays the same, my debt will grow faster, which is what happens after every tax cut.

By the way, I voted for the only guy on the ballot that actually wanted to decrease spending, so do not tell me I want "more more more" that you and your party, not mine.

I vote for whoever I think will cut spending. I have not voted for a single person yet that said they would increase spending.

Have you? Which of us is more true to our word?

What the tax cut does is result in MORE debt, as the amount coming in goes down the amount being spent does not change.

Again... we just covered that. Which specific year would you like to claim that tax revenue fell after a tax cut?

If I make 1000 a month and I am spending 1200 a month

That makes you an idiot. If you only make $1,000 a month, and you spend $1,200 a month, then you are a moron.

We don't support that. I want the government to spend LESS than it collects in taxes.

I take a pay cut and I am only making 800 a month while my spending stays the same, my debt will grow faster, which is what happens after every tax cut.

That's what has happened, that is not what we support.

Reagan make a pact with the democrats in congress, to cut spending by $2 for every $1 of tax cuts.

Instead the revenue into the government doubled. But spending increased by more than double.

Do you know who controls spending? Congress.

Reagan himself actually complained about this in is personal diaries. Which of course no left-winger has read anything that didn't support what they already believed.

But again... here's the problem.....

When revenue goes up.... and the government has more money... you guys never cut spending. In fact, you have increased spending... and then complained tax revenue isn't keeping up.

usgs_chart2p81.png

At this rate, entitlement spending will be 20% of the entire GDP of the country.... and of course you and those like you will be right back on here demanding even more taxes and more tax revenue for your never ending list of demands.

Again, we've seen where this ends up. France with 50% tax on the entire GDP of the economy, and they still have large deficits. They elected a more conservative government, which has reigned in the spending, and now for the first time in almost a decade, they are under the EU deficit requirements of 2% of gdp.

In fact, all of Europe is like this. Much much much higher tax rates than we in the US have ever seen, and yet all with large debts and deficits.

And here the left wing is trying to push for more government spending. Health care, and more government housing.

This is why we don't want to increase taxes. You'll just blow that money on garbage government programs too, and then demand even more money. So... no. Cut your spending. Cut these programs. Reduce Social Security and Medicaid, and all the other garbage social crap you have going on.

Now when will Republicans actually become fiscally responsible and control spending like they've lying been about for years?

No. Both Parties are addicted to spending other peoples' money. Nothing's gonna change in that regard. Swamp Creatures will continue to run the show.

As soon as you admit that cutting tax rates, can and routinely does result in increased tax revenue, from an increase in the economy.
You might want to sit down before I tell you what your propagandists who fed you that stupid meme didn't tell you.

Ready?

Go ahead. See for yourself. Look at federal revenues after Clinton hiked tax rates. And then look at federal revenues after Obama hiked tax rates.

I'm sure this knowledge won't stop you from repeating your idiotic half-lie meme, though.

Here is a history of tax rates: https://files.taxfoundation.org/legacy/docs/fed_individual_rate_history_nominal.pdf

Notice how tax rates increased under Bill Clinton in 1993. The top marginal rate increased from 31 percent to 39.6 percent, and stayed that way until 2001.

And after the Bush tax cut expired on the top marginal rate during the Obama regime, federal revenues continued to increase:

Ain't that a BITCH?

As I have posted on this forum many times, the 10 years prior to Reagan's tax cuts, revenue increased at an average of 12.41%, the 10 years after it increased only at a 5.68% average per year.

The 10 years prior to the Bush II tax cuts revenue increased at an average rate of 6.1%, the 10 after it was down to 1.87%.

There is not one example of tax revenue growing faster after a tax cut than before.

Look at the parroting rubes backpedaling like crazy now! :lol:

If you can post where I said that, do so, and I'll admit to it.

Some snowflakes in this forum are claiming government revenues are down since the tax cut. Then why does the CBO say they are up 13%?

The federal government collected far more taxes this April than it did a year ago, despite the "budget busting" Trump tax cuts. So, we'll ask again: Are the tax cuts paying for themselves?

According to the latest monthly report from the Congressional Budget Office, revenues in April totaled $515 billion — a 13% increase over last April and an all-time high for the month.

For the current 2018 fiscal year, which started last October, revenues are $83 billion higher than they were the year before — an increase of 4.3%. That's a faster rate of growth than occurred during President Obama's last years in office. (See nearby chart.)

Individual taxes, the CBO report says, are up 11.5% so far this fiscal year, and payroll taxes are up 2.8%. Both are signs of a healthy labor market, which is creating more jobs, higher wages and, as a result, more tax revenues. Those gains, the CBO says, more than offset the 22% decline in corporate income taxes.

In other words, in a fiscal year that's seven months old (four of which were after the tax cuts went into effect), federal revenues are higher than ever.

Or, to put it another way, it looks like those of us who predicted the pro-growth tax cuts would at least partially pay for themselves through increased economic growth were correct.

The CBO admitted as much earlier this year, when it sharply increased its forecast for economic growth this year and next, largely because of Trump's tax cuts. That, in turn, will generate $1 trillion more in revenues than expected.

The far left will never admit they are wrong, they would much rather watch the world burn than ever admit to being wrong!

If they ever did do that, then the world would be a much better place.

No one claimed the tax cuts would entirely pay for themselves. You're advancing a strawman argument. The deficit demonstrates nothing of the sort.

As usual, you're a stupid ying douchebag.
The Tax Cuts Will Pay For Themselves

Surprise: Trump's tax cuts will more than pay for themselves

Trump’s team says the tax bill will pay for itself.

“Not only will this tax plan pay for itself, but it will pay down debt,” Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin promised. “I think this tax bill is going to reduce the size of our deficits going forward,” Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) told reporters in early November.

Need more, dipshit?

Well they are right, but people like you twist it to mean right now...it takes a year or two....then revenues will be higher than pre tax cut levels.......then we just need to reform entitlements and spending.

That is the problem, they never reform anything..

Since the GOP took over Congress, deficits have accelerated. And they accelerated even more once Trump took office. Trump is well on the way to beating Obama's record of debt.

But you never, never, never hear a critical word from the brainless parroting rubes about it. They have not been ordered to whine about it. The instructions have not come down from their propagandists to talk about it.

For eight years, they whined and whined and whined and whined about the deficits. Now, their fucking stench of hypocrisy is stinking up the place.

Ready?

Ain't that a BITCH?

If I spend $1,000 a year. And then my income is $1,000, and this year it only grows by $100. Slower than any other year.....

How do you end up with debt? You don't. The only way you end up with debt, is if your spending increases faster than your income.

Debt only happens when you increase your spending to more than your income. If you control your spending, it won't matter if your income increases by a little, or a lot, you'll never end up in debt.

In order for a tax cut to result in debt, you have to prove that revenue went DOWN. There is no such example of revenue decreasing after a reasonable tax cut.

We on the right-wing have always said, we want spending to DECREASE. We want spending to be CUT.

Cut the spending. We are spending to much. Entitlements take up almost 2/3rds of the entire budget. It's too much.

And by the way... one of the major reasons we're against higher taxes is because the way the people on the left work, it's never enough. You look at Europe, they all pay double the taxes we pay, and they still demand more.

No matter how high the taxes go, no matter how many trillions the government collects.... it's never enough. You always want more.

So... no. The answer is no. You don't get anymore money. You cut spending. The spoiled brat syndrome needs to end.

Yes, you on the right-wing have always said we want spending to decrase, then you vote for people that increase it. I put more stock in your actions than you empty words.

If I make 1000 a month and I am spending 1200 a month, then I take a pay cut and I am only making 800 a month while my spending stays the same, my debt will grow faster, which is what happens after every tax cut.

By the way, I voted for the only guy on the ballot that actually wanted to decrease spending, so do not tell me I want "more more more" that you and your party, not mine.

Wait you don't think we're pissed about that?
How do you think Trump was elected, because we said fuck the politicians.........
So instead of a politician you got a lying douch?

The next time some parroting dumb shit says revenues increase after a tax cut, remember to show them revenues increase after a tax hike, too. Show them the figures. The whole truth is alien to Fifth Avenue Republicans.

It's time to start bitch slapping the rube herd with their own benchmarks and start talking about Trump's MASSIVE deficits.

Folks are back to work. African American and Hispanic Unemployment are at all-time lows. I'd like to see em get spending under control, but i've given up on that. Both Parties are addicted to spending other peoples' money. They can't even get together and agree on a Balanced Budget. So there's no hope as far as the Debt goes. But it is good to see Americans back to work.

Folks are back to work. African American and Hispanic Unemployment are at all-time lows. I'd like to see em get spending under control, but i've given up on that. Both Parties are addicted to spending other peoples' money. They can't even get together and agree on a Balanced Budget. So there's no hope as far as the Debt goes. But it is good to see Americans back to work.
and there are more jobs open than people to fill them

Ready?

Ain't that a BITCH?

It was implicit.

You aren't fooling anyone. You blindly parroted a meme that has been fed to you by propagandists which you never questioned.

And you will return to those same propagandists for more half-lies and hypocrisies to parrot. Reality and facts have never stopped pseudocons from getting back in line for refills of your piss bowls.

and there are more jobs open than people to fill them
a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage can fix that problem.

Some snowflakes in this forum are claiming government revenues are down since the tax cut. Then why does the CBO say they are up 13%?

The federal government collected far more taxes this April than it did a year ago, despite the "budget busting" Trump tax cuts. So, we'll ask again: Are the tax cuts paying for themselves?

According to the latest monthly report from the Congressional Budget Office, revenues in April totaled $515 billion — a 13% increase over last April and an all-time high for the month.

For the current 2018 fiscal year, which started last October, revenues are $83 billion higher than they were the year before — an increase of 4.3%. That's a faster rate of growth than occurred during President Obama's last years in office. (See nearby chart.)

Individual taxes, the CBO report says, are up 11.5% so far this fiscal year, and payroll taxes are up 2.8%. Both are signs of a healthy labor market, which is creating more jobs, higher wages and, as a result, more tax revenues. Those gains, the CBO says, more than offset the 22% decline in corporate income taxes.

In other words, in a fiscal year that's seven months old (four of which were after the tax cuts went into effect), federal revenues are higher than ever.

Or, to put it another way, it looks like those of us who predicted the pro-growth tax cuts would at least partially pay for themselves through increased economic growth were correct.

The CBO admitted as much earlier this year, when it sharply increased its forecast for economic growth this year and next, largely because of Trump's tax cuts. That, in turn, will generate $1 trillion more in revenues than expected.

The far left will never admit they are wrong, they would much rather watch the world burn than ever admit to being wrong!

lead_720_405.jpg

The workers utopia in socialist Venezuela..... watching it burn.

“This boy who at 14 is carrying a 9 mm pistol has his brain full of thousands of hours of broadcast series in which people kill people. These days we are watching Spider-Man 3 … It is one of the series that young children most like.” -Presidente Maduro
In September, blaming Venezuela’s horrendous violent crime on TV and, above all, Peter Parker’s masked alter ego, who is actually best known for fighting the bad guys rather than being one.

Never admit the failure of Socialism.... blame guns, blame the USA.... blame Spider Man 3..... yeah.....

Ready?

Ain't that a BITCH?

It was implicit.

You aren't fooling anyone. You blindly parroted a meme that has been fed to you by propagandists which you never questioned.

And you will return to those same propagandists for more half-lies and hypocrisies to parrot. Reality and facts have never stopped pseudocons from getting back in line for refills of your piss bowls.

So... you can't post where I said what you claim I did, and thus can't prove I'm backpedaling from a claim I never made.

Got it.

Ready?

Ain't that a BITCH?

Wait you don't think we're pissed about that?
How do you think Trump was elected, because we said fuck the politicians.........
So instead of a politician you got a lying douch?

Actually you got.... too. He's your president as well buddy. You do realize he's your president whether you want him or not?

Personally, I find the whole thing hilarious. Watching you guys freak out is great fun for me. I voted for Gary Johnson. I knew he wasn't going to win, but I absolutely hated Hillary, and I thought Trump would be more liberal than he turned out.

Generally I'm ok with most of his policies other than the protectionism and trade war. So this has turned out fairly ok for me. He's still a loud mouth nut job, but at least his policies are generally good. Hope Congress ends this trade war crap though.

Regardless it's been fantastic watching you people freak out about him. That has made this year great.

lead_720_405.jpg

The workers utopia in socialist Venezuela..... watching it burn.

“This boy who at 14 is carrying a 9 mm pistol has his brain full of thousands of hours of broadcast series in which people kill people. These days we are watching Spider-Man 3 … It is one of the series that young children most like.” -Presidente Maduro
In September, blaming Venezuela’s horrendous violent crime on TV and, above all, Peter Parker’s masked alter ego, who is actually best known for fighting the bad guys rather than being one.

Never admit the failure of Socialism.... blame guns, blame the USA.... blame Spider Man 3..... yeah.....
Just lousy management.

A corp of agricultural engineers would be more useful.

socializing costs is what socialism is good for.

But again... here's the problem.....

When revenue goes up.... and the government has more money... you guys never cut spending. In fact, you have increased spending... and then complained tax revenue isn't keeping up.

Who the fuck is "you guys" Show me one example of a Libertarian increasing spending, because that is who I support and vote for.

I vote for whoever I think will cut spending. I have not voted for a single person yet that said they would increase spending.

Have you? Which of us is more true to our word?

Here is my voting record, which of these said they would increase spending?

Johnson - 2016
Johnson - 2012
Barr - 2008
Badnarik - 2004
Browne - 2000
Perot. - 1996
Clinton -1992
Bush I -1988
Reagan - 1984

Again... we just covered that. Which specific year would you like to claim that tax revenue fell after a tax cut?

Reagan's tax cut went into effect in 1982. Revenue decreased by 3% in 1983 compared to 1982.

Bush IIs tax cut went we passed and signed into law in 2001, revenue for 2002, 2003 and 2004 were less than the revenue for 2000 or 2001.

Forum List

Back