TDS is real

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Tonight I lost a friend of 15 years.

He posted an "Anyone But Trump 2020" yardsign on Facebook and I responded with my avatar.

He flipped out, sent me a half dozen texts about invading his space on Facebook and BLOCKED ME.

15 years of hanging out. 15 years of confiding in each other.
15 years of political jabbing back and forth.
15 years of friendship.

And just to be clear, I NEVER post about politics on my Facebook because it is open to my clients.

A simple avatar sent him over the edge and it wasn't even a Trump avatar.

The cocoon these people create for themselves is beyond childish.

He posted an "Anyone But Trump 2020" yardsign on Facebook and I responded with my avatar.

He flipped out, sent me a half dozen texts about invading his space on Facebook and BLOCKED ME.

15 years of friendship.

And just to be clear, I NEVER post about politics on my Facebook because it is open to my clients.

Never discuss amongst family and friends.
1) Religion 2) Politics

That being said, you are correct Trump Defense Syndrome is very real. And it's proving to be resistant to the drugs of common sense and reason.

15 years of friendship.

When Trump was first running, two guys got in a fist fight over it.

• Banned
People take this bullshit far too seriously. It's embarrassing behold.
Agreed.

I got a Facebook notice that he responded and when I clicked on it I could see he was asking who she was but when I clicked on the actual thread to respond he had deleted it and me....

Blew my mind. I have friends from all walks. Hardcore left, hardcore right, hardcore give no fucks & everything in between.
He's the first to flip out over politics.

It isn’t just TDS.

I too seldom post politics on fb, and when I do I keep it gentle. Most of my friends are friends through dogs and span the political spectrum.

I posted posted a meme about missing Obama, and got totally vilified by someone I thought was a friend. Couldn’t even agree to disagree.

some people are way too serious.

1586913404684.png

15 years of friendship.

1) Religion 2) Politics

That being said, you are correct Trump Defense Syndrome is very real. And it's proving to be resistant to the drugs of common sense and reason.
Look at my avatar. That is what I posted. It had NOTHING to do with Trump. In fact it could be taken as me ignoring Trump in 2020 and looking past him.

But nope! TIME TO FREAK OUT AND SHIT ANOTHER DEPENDS

15 years of friendship.

Yup. The left-wing mental illness is real. You can actually watch as people degenerate into neanderthals.

15 years of friendship.

1) Religion 2) Politics

We have to acknowledge the fact that democrats are subhuman vermin who are worse than Nazis, pure fucking evil with no chance of redemption.

Other than being the lowest form of pestilence in the history of earth, democrats are great people.

15 years of friendship.

1) Religion 2) Politics

Look at my avatar. That is what I posted. It had NOTHING to do with Trump. In fact it could be taken as me ignoring Trump in 2020 and looking past him.

If you have friends from all political walks, and only this one goes off...maybe something more is going on with him?

I have a nephew whose diapers I literally changed 45 years ago. That's how long we have been close.

Won't communicate with me in any way.

But I have to acknowledge, my opinion of him has dropped - as my late brother used to say - lower than whale shit...because of his political views.

I absolutely GET how many people find the President's personality appalling. I don't significantly disagree. But to refuse to acknowledge the validity of his positions on the major issues of the day, and his steadfastness in attempting to fulfill every campaign promise - that is inexcusable.

It has been said that if you want to know what a person is really like, you need to see them drunk. Trump has a similar affect. If you want to know how someone thinks about governance, look at their views on Our Beloved President.

15 years of friendship.

Yep, TDS sure DOES exist. My best friend has a SEVERE case of the awful affliction. He has NOT smiled or laughed since his beloved Hildebeast lost in November of 2016. We've stayed friends because we have many things in common besides politics. We've agreed to not talk politics in order to keep our friendship intact. Every once in a while he slips up and says some crazy shit about our president. I just smile or laugh, don't reply to the shit, and smoothly and quickly change topics. Here's the big difference - He can wear anything he wants that may degrade our president or Republicans, he actually does have a button that he has on his baseball cap, which he always wears that reads, "All roads to hell are paved with Republicans." I've NEVER given him shit about it because I DON'T CARE what he chooses to wear. That's HIS choice. But IF I were to wear ANYTHING pro-Trump, he would never talk to me again. We went a few month period a couple years ago of not talking because I said something good about our president. His TDS IS that strong. I don't know WHAT he's going to do after President Trump is re-elected.

15 years of friendship.

1) Religion 2) Politics

If you have friends from all political walks, and only this one goes off...maybe something more is going on with him?
You know you deleted friends

15 years of friendship.

He probably got sick of your impervious ever-trumper information blocking shield and told you to go fuck yourself.

Forum List

Back