Teacher Defends Showing Her Class Gay Disney Film

What about pregnancy is so horrible that children have to be protected from it?

What about being married is so horrid that children wouldn't be able to handle it?

For once I agree with you.

So, is she allowed to wear the wedding ring? Have a picture of her family on her desk?

Or is that 'sexualizing children'?

So when the kids ask about it....is she allowed to acknowledge the pregnancy? How far does she have to play pretend for you?

And if you genuinely believe that talking about a pregnancy is 'sexualizing children'.......did you have a second kid?

Because if you talked to your first kid about their new brother or sister, that's got some really disturbing implications by these batshit Q-Anon standards.

Its a bit ridiculous. A young kid can handle the idea of a mommy and daddy. Or a mommy and a mommy. It happens every day.
I never had second kid. Surprise!
It has nothing to do with what a child can handle. Teachers should not be discussing their personal lives with students. At all.

I don't know I think it's sort of exciting. She just doesn't need to go into everything about it or her marriage, but what if she wants to invite her students to her wedding?

By the standard of sexualizing kids in this thread, flower girls would be sexual abuse. Because they'd be exposed to the existence of an adult hetero relationship.....with *kissing* even! And what are those sickos doing with their hands and those rings?

They might even (gasp) *dance* together.

Where's my fainting couch?

Why would a gay man marry a woman?

If she married a gay man, the question of which family pays for the wedding doesn't come up... but, if she marries a gay woman, the issue would need resolution.

I never had second kid. Surprise!
It has nothing to do with what a child can handle. Teachers should not be discussing their personal lives with students. At all.

What about a pregnancy, being married, having a family is inappropriate for a teacher to share with her class?

Would you really want to speak to a principal if a teacher had a picture of her family on her desk?

If yes, then goddamn, Karen!

By the standard of sexualizing kids in this thread, flower girls would be sexual abuse. Because they'd be exposed to the existence of an adult hetero relationship.....with *kissing* even! And what are those sickos doing with their hands and those rings?

Okay, okay you're making some sense now,.. and for the record I've been feeling bad about calling gays fags earlier. I've just been shoved with this agenda down my throat that sometimes it causes me to lose my temper.

Okay, okay you're making some sense now,.. and for the record I've been feeling bad about calling gays fags earlier. I've just been shoved with this agenda down my throat that sometimes it causes me to lose my temper.

No worries! And I appreciate you trying to engage on the topic. Its been a fairly productive conversation.

What about a pregnancy, being married, having a family is inappropriate for a teacher to share with her class?

Would you really want to speak to a principal if a teacher had a picture of her family on her desk?

If yes, then goddamn, Karen!
Why would an adult educator want to share details of their lives with the children of other people?

No worries! And I appreciate you trying to engage on the topic. Its been a fairly productive conversation.

Well I worry about it because I worry about my temper and what kind of person it's turned me into. I don't have to name call when it comes to not agreeing with a situation and all that twelve year old marriage stuff made my stomach sick too. That's why I snapped at you.

Why would an adult educator want to share details of their lives with the children of other people?

I just remembered that I had a teacher that had a baby once and we were all very excited about it when she told us.

To relate. If she has a kid (or had one) the same age as one of the kids in her class, she could share the experience to relate.

To educate. If she gets pregnant, kids are curious creatures, would definitely notice and would want to know a bit more. She can frame it in an age appropriate way. Millions of mothers do it every day.

Because she's a human being, and having a picture of her family on her desk, or a wedding ring on her finger hurts no one and makes her day a little brighter.

There's nothing inherently wrong with any of this.

The Disney movie has a character who has a crush on another character. That is not a romantic relationship. There are a ton of non-sexual children’s books on that topic, written for 10 yr olds for example. there are age appropriate movies involving crushes or romance like Princess Bride or Beauty and the Beast. Kids have crushes all the time…and including it in a movie or book doesn’t make inappropriate or mean that there are sex scenes. There is only one reason why this is being singled out.
It's a romantic crush which is normally between opposite sexes. Kids don't need to be taught about odd sexual behavior.

Have you ever seen a wedding invitation that said " no children please"? Teachers aren't family members or even close friends. This is workplace relationship.

Have you ever seen a wedding invitation that said " no children please"? Teachers aren't family members or even close friends. This is workplace relationship.

Sometimes. But every time its for the convenience of the adults. Not for the benefit of the kids.

And teachers can absolutely share small bits of their lives with students to relate, to educate, and because they're human beings. Not robots.

To relate. If she has a kid (or had one) the same age as one of the kids in her class, she could share the experience to relate.

To educate. If she gets pregnant, kids are curious creatures, would definitely notice and would want to know a bit more. She can frame it in an age appropriate way. Millions of mothers do it every day.

Because she's a human being, and having a picture of her family on her desk, or a wedding ring on her finger hurts no one and makes her day a little brighter.

There's nothing inherently wrong with any of this.
If a kid wants to know a little bit more about pregnancy the ONLY appropriate response is to tell the child to ask its mother. It's not the teacher's job to pull down her pants and say "looky here". Yes, millions of mothers do it every day, but not to someone else's children.

This is ludicrously sweet is what it is.

Normally I agree with EvilCat Breath but now she's gone off the
fear-of-water.jpg

If a kid wants to know a little bit more about pregnancy the ONLY appropriate response is to tell the child to ask its mother. It's not the teacher's job to pull down her pants and say "looky here". Yes, millions of mothers do it every day, but not to someone else's children.
Kids already know about pregnancy, at least they used to.

Forum List

Back