Teacher Demands Her Students Deny the Existence of God

the statement "there is a god" is not a fact. that is a fact

I believe it to be a fact, not opinion as do millions of other Americans.

Alas, the girl in question insisted the teacher said it was a myth. And that teacher told her that God was a myth. The devout Christian teacher, that is.

Problem is....'myth' isn't an option on the assignment. Nor ever mentioned. Demonstrating that the girl is at least incorrect. And given the contradiction by EVERY student in her class that the school interviewed, its quite likely she lied.

The evidence is all on one side of the issue. And you've chosen to ignore it. A rational person wouldn't.

Last edited:

If the state is going to teach my kids otherwise they will be removed and millions of other Christians feel the same way. Just more fodder for home schooling and to understand the Marxist control of our public school system.

And, BTW, you apparently do not understand what a fact is. How on Earth can you prove that there is no God? How can you then, absent any contrary evidence, insist that such belief is not fact? Yo have no evidence, only a ridiculous assumption based on what? Materialism? A bad experience at the drinking fountain during Sunday Bible School? What? lol
in this scenario it's a common assertion

If the state is going to teach my kids otherwise they will be removed and millions of other Christians feel the same way. Just more fodder for home schooling and to understand the Marxist control of our public school system.

And, BTW, you apparently do not understand what a fact is. How on Earth can you prove that there is no God? How can you then, absent any contrary evidence, insist that such belief is not fact? Yo have no evidence, only a ridiculous assumption based on what? Materialism? A bad experience at the drinking fountain during Sunday Bible School? What? lol
So much for Faith being important for your religion.

If you'd been following this story from the beginning in the FOUR threads, you'd know what I was talking about.
Link to a source if you can.
Why am I doing your work for you? I will if you insist, but what will you do for me in return?
Because yo made the claim?
Are you Thunderbird's sock? That's interesting.
I point out that you made a claim and you think that proves me a sock? lolol
I point out that I am asking Thunderbird what he will do for me if I look it all up for him..........and you answered. Now, why would you answer for Thunderbird? You his sock? Or is he YOUR sock?

I love how you are getting out the pitchforks and torches for a fellow christian.
If that teacher had told a Muslim student that there is no Allah you would be right alongside the pitchforks, doofus.

You mean the kind of panty shitting hysterics we're getting from Christians now?

Even when the event they are losing their shit over....didn't actually happen?

No matter the religion of the teacher, and note a lot of Christians are not Christian according the first chapter of Romans, so her being a self-proclaimed Christian proves nothing at all.

The fact that the teacher is a devout Christian is just another major hole in the girl's story. Making it more and more unlikely.

Every student from the class the school interviewed contradict the girl. That's 8 students in total that contradict her. Its ridiculously unlikely that they are all lying. Making Jordan's account even less plausible.

And the assignment contradicts Jordan. As it didn't even include the word 'myth' anywhere. Despite Jordan insisting that the teacher told them they had to say that God was a myth or fail the class. Making Jordan's story less plausible still.

And the district investigation contradicts Jordan. With interviews with the teacher and 8 other students in the class all contradicting her account. And the assignment in question confirmed to be ungraded. Making Jordan's account that unless she said God didn't exist she would fail the paper.

And you ignore all of it.....clinging to a story told by a 12 year old, backed by nothing. That's irrational.

I point out that I am asking Thunderbird what he will do for me if I look it all up for him..........and you answered. Now, why would you answer for Thunderbird? You his sock? Or is he YOUR sock?

Neither. I figured he was away from his PC and answered your question because it seemed like obvious low hanging fruit, so why not?

Lol, get off the caffiene, dear.

in this scenario it's a common assertion

Exactly. Something that is debatable. Even a devout Christian would acknowledge there is room for debate on the topic.

As their faith is entirely subjective. And thus unverifiable by anyone but themselves.

I love how you are getting out the pitchforks and torches for a fellow christian.
If that teacher had told a Muslim student that there is no Allah you would be right alongside the pitchforks, doofus.

No matter the religion of the teacher, and note a lot of Christians are not Christian according the first chapter of Romans, so her being a self-proclaimed Christian proves nothing at all.
Absolutely not. IN FACT, the question on the paper.....and yes, the assignment paper is available on line for people to see....states "There is a God". I know you think you are being clever, but you seem to forget that mooslims believe in a god too.....so that would apply to them also. They just call that god Allah....Arabic for god.

I could care less about mooslim special snowflakes or christian special snowflakes.......they (and you) are just looking to be offended. Special snowflakes aren't happy unless they can feel persecuted. Just like you "if that teacher had told a Muslim student that there was no Allah......." Classic persecution complex.

Because you assholes won't allow us to put teachers in place that teach children that there is a God.
which has absolutely nothing to do with the correct classification of the sentence "There is a God" as fact, opinion, or common assertion
It has everything to do with it, idiot.
how? classifying that statement as fact, opinion, or common assertion does not change the nature of god or even comment on it
It is the nature of Christians to maintain that the existence of God is a fact. That is "faith". To tell a child in a class that they "must" classify God as a myth, nope. Can't do it.

But progressives are all about state dictated religion.
no, faith precludes the existence of god from being a fact
I remember that a key component of religion is Faith....in fact if one gets irrefutable proof then it takes away the aura of Faith and it just becomes a form of science.

Alas, the girl in question insisted the teacher said it was a myth. And that teacher told her that God was a myth. The devout Christian teacher, that is.

Problem is....'myth' isn't an option on the assignment. Nor ever mentioned. Demonstrating that the girl is at least incorrect. And given the contradiction by EVERY student in her class that the school interviewed, its quite likely she lied.

The evidence is all on one side of the issue. And you've chosen to ignore it. A rational person wouldn't.
I believe she also said the assignment was 40% of their grade.....it wasn't even graded.

I believe she also said the assignment was 40% of their grade.....it wasn't even graded.

The school responded to that assertion. But watching the youtube video of her statement I didn't see her make it. So I've left it out of my list of evidence contradicting her.

Neither. I figured he was away from his PC and answered your question because it seemed like obvious low hanging fruit, so why not?

Ok, Mr. Lazy Sock....then answer the entire question....what will you do for me if I do your research for you?

Absolutely not. IN FACT, the question on the paper.....and yes, the assignment paper is available on line for people to see....states "There is a God". I know you think you are being clever, but you seem to forget that mooslims believe in a god too.....so that would apply to them also. They just call that god Allah....Arabic for god.

I could care less about mooslim special snowflakes or christian special snowflakes.......they (and you) are just looking to be offended. Special snowflakes aren't happy unless they can feel persecuted. Just like you "if that teacher had told a Muslim student that there was no Allah......." Classic persecution complex.

It is hilarious how you think yo are being clever with your stacked deck fallacies. The assingment was to rate the statement as factual or not. Stating it in the affirmative is irrelevant for the exercise.

Ok, Mr. Lazy Sock....then answer the entire question....what will you do for me if I do your research for you?
I have the link and dont need you to do a damned thing for me, hun.

The school responded to that assertion. But watching the youtube video of her statement I didn't see her make it. So I've left it out of my list of evidence contradicting her.
Got it. I stand corrected. But I do have to wonder why the parents ran to the school board without even checking with the teacher or school first. Does that sound like parents who want to resolve an issue or more like parents who want to MAKE an issue?

Link to a source if you can.
Snopes is poopooing the story since the school district 'investigated' talking to 8 students of a class of around 30, IIRC. What was the observation of the other 20ish students? No one knows, but the Christ hating bastards are trying to make it out like this little 12 year old girl is lying, meanwhile they all rush to defend the feral thug that assaulted a cop in SC.
Stupid deflection. The evidence demonstrates the girl's story is inaccurate.

It is hilarious how you think yo are being clever with your stacked deck fallacies. The assingment was to rate the statement as factual or not. Stating it in the affirmative is irrelevant for the exercise.
Have you seen a copy of the paper?

how? classifying that statement as fact, opinion, or common assertion does not change the nature of god or even comment on it

It does not change what it is, true, but by telling a kid that 'there is a God' is not fact when she has been raised to believe it is a fact is an intrusion into priovate religion that the Constitution forbids.

The Marxists want a one way street on this, where they can attack God all they want and no Christian is allowed to defend their beliefs.
What a foolish comment.

YEah, and none of that could have changed after it turned into a controversy because no school district would do that, lolo..

But if a Mooslimbo makes a closed suit case clock, and the SD doesnt like it, IT'S a VAST RIGHTWING CONSPIRACY!

I have the link and dont need you to do a damned thing for me, hun.
Then we go back to why you, Mr. Lazy Sock, would answer for another poster.....unless that other poster is really your sock.

Forum List

Back