Teacher says he helped write Common Core standards to combat white privilege!!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
What white privilege?? Affirmative action is everywhere. All white people hear is "you're white so you can't have this job or get this scholarship or go to this college."

Teacher says he helped write Common Core standards to combat white privilege

May 22, 2014

A Monday night debate in New Hampshire on the pros and cons of the controversial Common Core testing standards has drawn national attention due to the inflammatory and anemic statements by the proponents.

Held at St. Anselm’s College in Manchester, the quote of the night from the six participants came from Dr. David Pook, who teaches Social Studies and English at the tony private school, Derryfield, reported radio host Rich Girard, who was there.

Claiming he had input into the content of the standardized English test, Pook said, “One of the reasons I helped write the standards, was that as a white male in society, I’m given a lot of privilege I didn’t earn, and as a result I think it’s really important that all kids get an equal opportunity to learn how to read. I think I had decided advantages as a result of who I was…When I walk into places like Roberto Clemente High School on the west side of Chicago, I think it’s important that those kids have an opportunity to read just as well as I had.”

Forum List

Back