🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Teachers Can Now Carry Guns As Safety Officers In Missouri....

What if those accidental injuries happen to NOT be "recoverable"?

"Sorry Jim, your son is dead. I was protecting him from school shooters, until my gun fell out of my pocket and went off. But you should feel ok about it, cause my gun is 'saving lives'"

That complica
In the last few years, there have been around 100 or so injuries from school shootings in the US each year, and about 30 deaths.

In the last few years, there have been 15,000 - 20,000 accidental gunshot injuries in the US per year, and about 600 - 800 deaths.

Nice recitation of the statistics, now make a case with them.

I think the statistics speak for themselves.

No they don't. You need to separate out how many gunshot injuries came from people licensed to carry a concealed weapon and how many deaths occurred. Counting kids playing with their parent's gun, counting morons trying to shoot apples off the head of their friend while stoned has ABSOLUTELY no bearing on this discussion.

What about kids playing with their teacher's gun?

Why wouldn't that have any bearing on the discussion?

How about you stop being a hysterical woman and pull up the statistics from Israel. Let's anchor this discussion in the real world rather than in your fevered imagination.

:lol:

Are Israeli teachers armed - Israel Today Israel News

Israel has very strict gun laws. I'm not sure if you want to use them as your example.

Who wants to place bets on which happens first - a teacher will "protect" their students from a school shooter, or some sort of accident will put a bullet in an innocent student or teacher?
Are you saying teachers are not competent?

Utah elementary school teacher shoots self in the leg in school washroom:

Teacher accidentally shoots self in leg at school - Yahoo News
Remember this guy?

a96969_1-.jpg

Who wants to place bets on which happens first - a teacher will "protect" their students from a school shooter, or some sort of accident will put a bullet in an innocent student or teacher?

To take out an active shooter?

No, teachers are not at all competent to do that.
The only people who can conceal carry are competent people.for the most part

the Missouri state legislature over road the democrat governors veto of a bill that sets guidelines for allowing teachers to carry guns in schools to protect their students...

BREAKING MO Legislature Overrides Gov s Veto Expands Open Carry CCW Teacher Carry in Schools - The Truth About Guns

The new law will allow specially trained and designated employees to carry firearms on campuses. It lowers the age for obtaining a concealed carry license to 19 from 21 and allows anyone with a CCW permit to openly carry a gun. Aswashingtonpost.com reports, Missouri schools had the option to allow carry on their campsites before, but the new law “requires the state Department of Public Safety to establish training guidelines for schools wanting to designate a teacher or administrator as a ‘school protection officer’ authorized to carry a concealed gun or self-defense spray.”
Good.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the funniest thing you've ever posted on this board.

Btw point of clarification -- how exactly do you "lower the age for obtaining a concealed carry license to 19 from 21"?
Presumably no math teachers were consulted....
Read it again knee jerk...TO 19 FROM 21.....

Evidentally you've never tryed to get a conceal handgun permit.

I have one.

All I needed was a 2hr "training course" and a clean criminal record.

You mean other than children not being mass murdered because it takes police with guns 4minutes to get to the school?

No, I mean reinforcing yet again the idea that the answer to violence is more violence and the impression projected visually that the kids live in a fucking war zone.

But hey, it's not like young minds are impressionable or anything....

:banghead:

Fucked up idea. Period.
How is it promoting violence.
Firearms are for DEFENSE. Typically when a criminal is aware that his intended victim may be armed, the criminal will move along.
That REDUCES violence.

A child has a better chance of getting shoot in a mass shooting than by a gun from a teacher.

For those who doubt this
How many mass shootings have we had?
How many students have been shot with their teachers gun?

Did your head explode?
Conceal carry licensees are perhaps among the MOST responsible and level headed people of all.

I have one.

North Carolina is 10 hrs.8 classroom and 2 at the range regardless of how much experience you have with a firearm.

A child has a better chance of getting shoot in a mass shooting than by a gun from a teacher.

For those who doubt this

Your comparison makes no sense at all.

95% of kids in this country go to school in places where teachers are not allowed to bring their guns to school.

I have one.

North Carolina is 10 hrs.8 classroom and 2 at the range regardless of how much experience you have with a firearm.

Good for North Carolina.

Arizona requires 2 hrs in the classroom, and that's it.

Did your head explode?
Conceal carry licensees are perhaps among the MOST responsible and level headed people of all.

Really? How do you figure?

Does it take "responsibility and level-headedness" to sleep in the back of a classroom for 2 hrs?

For those who doubt this

Your comparison makes no sense at all.

95% of kids in this country go to school in places where teachers are not allowed to bring their guns to school.
It's would make no sense to a dumb ass
You think all teachers go to school unarmed?
So tell me how many mass shootings have children been shot vs shot with a gun from a teacher?

Forum List

Back