Teachers Can Now Carry Guns As Safety Officers In Missouri....

T
Who wants to place bets on which happens first - a teacher will "protect" their students from a school shooter, or some sort of accident will put a bullet in an innocent student or teacher?
Kids are around concealed carry folks all the time and don't know it and aren't injured. What makes you think it will be different in school?

I hate to break it to you, but people are accidentally injured by legally owned guns every day.
Kids are being shot by concealed carryers every day? Link?

There are between 15,000 and 20,000 accidental gun injuries per year in the US.
there are over a half million accidental bicycle injuries a year. why aren't you bitching to ban them?

if almost all bike owners were PERCEIVED to be conservatives, he would be

T
Who wants to place bets on which happens first - a teacher will "protect" their students from a school shooter, or some sort of accident will put a bullet in an innocent student or teacher?
Kids are around concealed carry folks all the time and don't know it and aren't injured. What makes you think it will be different in school?

I hate to break it to you, but people are accidentally injured by legally owned guns every day.

there are over a half million accidental bicycle injuries a year. why aren't you bitching to ban them?

:lol:

T

Gun discussions always make you guys so damn emotional.

Point out anywhere that I've ever "bitched" that we "ban" any guns.

In the last few years, there have been around 100 or so injuries from school shootings in the US each year, and about 30 deaths.

In the last few years, there have been 15,000 - 20,000 accidental gunshot injuries in the US per year, and about 600 - 800 deaths.
Cite, please.

How Many Accidental Gun Injuries per Year The Volokh ConspiracyThe Volokh Conspiracy
Interesting,. I knew the CDC has a searchable database on death but not injury.

300,000,000 guns. 17000 accidents,
1 gun in 17600 is involved in an accident; 1 gun in 50,000 involved in an accident death.

Where's the point?

Partisan bigotry.
"Partisan bigotry"?
Explain?
You follow the party line on arming teachers - no more, no less.

Partisan bigotry.
"Partisan bigotry"?
Explain?

I follow common fucking sense when it comes to arming teachers.

T

Link to where some maniac burst into a school/public meeting/movie theater/shopping mall/bridge/clock tower/church/arriving firemen/former workplace and started biking people to death please?

Partisan bigotry.
"Partisan bigotry"?
Explain?
I follow common fucking sense when it comes to arming teachers.
If that were true, you'd support the idea.
:dunno:

And as to "Dodge City High"...

UnpopularTruth.com Myths of the Old West

Violence in the Old West

In the real Dodge City of history, there were five killings in 1878, the most homicidal year in the little town's frontier history. In the most violent year in Deadwood, South Dakota, only four people were killed. In the worst year in Tombstone, home of the shoot-out at the OK Corral, only five people were killed. The only reason the OK Corral shoot-out even became famous was that town boosters deliberately overplayed the drama to attract new settlers. They cashed in on the tourist boom by inventing a myth.

Interesting. Especially the phrase "deliberately overplayed the drama".

I'm not sure that phrase bolstered the side of this story you think it did. Nomsayin'?

Naah you probably don't .....

Did your head explode?
Conceal carry licensees are perhaps among the MOST responsible and level headed people of all.

Really? How do you figure?

Does it take "responsibility and level-headedness" to sleep in the back of a classroom for 2 hrs?
Just because you aren't level headed and responsible doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

Can't argue with that logic...

giggle01.gif
Correct maybe if you had some common sense you would see it also.

:dig:

And that's part of the job of being a cop, made necessary in part by this same violent mentality. It is NOT part of the job of being a teacher, and everybody knows that, including a child. Seeing that the teacher has to be armed teaches the child that both of them live in an unsafe environment and indeed, in a culture where violence is one of our virtues.
And that's fucked up.

Dear Broken record since page one:

Sorry that reality is "fucked up" for you. Frankly, I'd rather kids learn what the world has in store, rather than whatever fantasy-land in which you seem to be living.

While you may believe that taking precautions somehow creates "a culture where violence is one of our virtues," it seems more likely that taking precautions would create a culture where taking precautions is one of our virtues. In your fantasy world, I suppose there are no security guards, no police, and no military because they contribute to some absurd notion that, "violence is one of our virtues."

Fair point. Indeed they do. We all know cops and military never never exceed their authority visiting violence injudiciously. :eusa_angel:
Maybe tomorrow we'll read about Snow White.

Go drink some bubble-up and have a big steaming helping of rainbow stew. You'll feel better.

Looks like you already ate it all... :uhh:

I fail to see how any teacher is qualified to engage an active shooter

most police officers never use their pistol, never engage in a gun fight...hence...they aren't qualified to engage a shooter either...

The State of Missouri just went through riots because a trained police officer just emptied his weapon into a suspect with his hands up

!, I have a strong suspicion that the officer did not have a revolver...as far as we know he fired 6 times maybe a few more but odds are that did not empty his weapon...

We have yet to have a definitive statement as to what the thug was doing when he was shot...there is speculation that he was charging the police officer...

If you read the stories of actual cases where concealed carriers use their weapons in self defense...more than a few show that they do not spray and pray and that in a lot of cases hold the suspect for police without firing a shot...but you would need to research gun fights to understand that...

Did your head explode?
Conceal carry licensees are perhaps among the MOST responsible and level headed people of all.

Really? How do you figure?

Does it take "responsibility and level-headedness" to sleep in the back of a classroom for 2 hrs?
Just because you aren't level headed and responsible doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

Can't argue with that logic...

giggle01.gif
Correct maybe if you had some common sense you would see it also.

:dig:
That's your hole that you are digging.

Forum List

Back