Teachers Can Now Carry Guns As Safety Officers In Missouri....

NRA-School.jpg
"Math bunker."

lol

And that's part of the job of being a cop, made necessary in part by this same violent mentality. It is NOT part of the job of being a teacher, and everybody knows that, including a child. Seeing that the teacher has to be armed teaches the child that both of them live in an unsafe environment and indeed, in a culture where violence is one of our virtues.
And that's fucked up.

Dear Broken record since page one:

Sorry that reality is "fucked up" for you. Frankly, I'd rather kids learn what the world has in store, rather than whatever fantasy-land in which you seem to be living.

While you may believe that taking precautions somehow creates "a culture where violence is one of our virtues," it seems more likely that taking precautions would create a culture where taking precautions is one of our virtues. In your fantasy world, I suppose there are no security guards, no police, and no military because they contribute to some absurd notion that, "violence is one of our virtues."

Go drink some bubble-up and have a big steaming helping of rainbow stew. You'll feel better.

Who wants to place bets on which happens first - a teacher will "protect" their students from a school shooter, or some sort of accident will put a bullet in an innocent student or teacher?
Did your head explode?
Conceal carry licensees are perhaps among the MOST responsible and level headed people of all.

Really? How do you figure?

Does it take "responsibility and level-headedness" to sleep in the back of a classroom for 2 hrs?
Just because you aren't level headed and responsible doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

Can't argue with that logic...

giggle01.gif
Correct maybe if you had some common sense you would see it also.

Who wants to place bets on which happens first - a teacher will "protect" their students from a school shooter, or some sort of accident will put a bullet in an innocent student or teacher?
Did your head explode?
Conceal carry licensees are perhaps among the MOST responsible and level headed people of all.

Really? How do you figure?

Does it take "responsibility and level-headedness" to sleep in the back of a classroom for 2 hrs?
Just because you aren't level headed and responsible doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

So, you speak for all CCW holders?

What about this guy?

Concealed carry holder misses attacker in Cleveland road rage incident shoots another man cleveland.com

Doesn't seem so "responsible and level-headed" to me...
You act as if you can I called you on it.
OH remember NYPD shot 8 people about two years ago? Your position seems to be on thin ice.

I didn't try to "speak" for anyone, let alone all CCW holders.

I stated the obvious and simple fact that not all CCW holders can be considered "responsible" or "level-headed". It's asinine to claim that they can.
Asshole you just did try to speak for other gun owners stop acting as if you did not do that.
What in the fuck is wrong with you? When corner by your own bullshit don't try to side step what you said.

Please, show me what you're talking about. Quote the post or something. I have no idea which post of mine you've decided to wildly misinterpret.
You did it the first post that I responded to you so go fuck yourself you lying piece of shit.

T
Kids are around concealed carry folks all the time and don't know it and aren't injured. What makes you think it will be different in school?

I hate to break it to you, but people are accidentally injured by legally owned guns every day.
Kids are being shot by concealed carryers every day? Link?

There are between 15,000 and 20,000 accidental gun injuries per year in the US.
That's different than your earlier claim. Still unsupported though.

obviously people ought to have good training. Me over half a million rounds, over 200 hours of formal Shoot/don't shoot training on live ranges, a law degree and 30 years of practice including 4 years as a municipal prosecutor and 24 federal. but CCW holders are LESS LIKELY to shoot the wrong person than COPS and CCW holders are more likely to hit the bad guy than cops

actually you are wrong based on all the data. lots of cops are on power trips. I know, I used to be the top civil rights litigator for the feds in my state. I had to defend officers charged with abusing citizens. and Federal LEOs are a far higher cut than most state and local types

...and please excuse me for being a little skeptical of your post. If you are 70 years old, like me, and have fired half a million rounds, that means that you have fired 20 rounds per day, 7 days per week, since the day you were born.

Do you want to rethink that?

I am 55. I have been shooting pistols constantly since about 84. 30 years. 20K rounds a year. When I was a Pro level USPSA shooter-1000 rounds week. I shoot 300-400 rounds a week now in the summer. I also was a resident athlete one summer at the US Olympic training center (shotgun) I have over 10,000 REGISTERED targets in competition. figure another 40,000 targets of practice.

How about stats from states and school districts that already allow trained teachers to carry guns in their classes...the accident in Utah...ten years without incident...and no fatality...I'm sure someone has some stats on this...especially the antis...

by over riding liberal lunacy you end up with policy that makes sense and will actually provide some protection

What are the odds?

1. Teacher leaves gun unattended, student uses it
2. Teacher overreacts to a situation and shoots student
3. Teacher stumbles into a shooting situation and gets killed
4. Teacher uses gun to save people

T
Kids are around concealed carry folks all the time and don't know it and aren't injured. What makes you think it will be different in school?

I hate to break it to you, but people are accidentally injured by legally owned guns every day.
Kids are being shot by concealed carryers every day? Link?

There are between 15,000 and 20,000 accidental gun injuries per year in the US.
there are over a half million accidental bicycle injuries a year. why aren't you bitching to ban them?

What are the odds?

teacher has no gun. pshcho walks in and guns down 20+ school kids.

nah, that would never happen.

What are the odds?

teacher has no gun. pshcho walks in and guns down 20+ school kids.

nah, that would never happen.

OK lets add that one

5. Teacher has no gun. pshcho walks in and guns down 20+ school kids.

Which is most likely to happen?

Reading these posts brings to mind a teacher that I had in the 11th grade. He was virtually blind, but drove his own car to school anyway. One day he walked into the coat rack, and apologized to it.

Reading these posts brings to mind a teacher that I had in the 11th grade. He was virtually blind, but drove his own car to school anyway. One day he walked into the coat rack, and apologized to it.

Mr Magoo?

Which is most likely to happen?

The most likely one was left off your list....

Teacher carries gun for whole career, never uses it...retires...

And as to "Dodge City High"...

UnpopularTruth.com Myths of the Old West

Violence in the Old West

In the real Dodge City of history, there were five killings in 1878, the most homicidal year in the little town's frontier history. In the most violent year in Deadwood, South Dakota, only four people were killed. In the worst year in Tombstone, home of the shoot-out at the OK Corral, only five people were killed. The only reason the OK Corral shoot-out even became famous was that town boosters deliberately overplayed the drama to attract new settlers. They cashed in on the tourist boom by inventing a myth.

The State of Missouri just went through riots because a trained police officer just emptied his weapon into a suspect with his hands up

What is going to happen when an untrained teacher does something similar in a hallway?

Partisan bigotry.

Forum List

Back