Technology is going to eventually liberate the world

Einstein thinks mobile phones and computers didn't exist 50 years ago.
Cell phones existed 50 years ago?!? Bwahahahahahahahahah!!!! :lmao:

The First Mobile Phone Call Was Made 40 Years Ago Today
Wow, over 43 years since the cell phones.
Thanks for validating my point.
You said 50 years ago. Moving the goal posts, stupid? You were off by an entire decade.

By the way - just because the first prototype concept was built 43 years ago doesn't mean shit. It did come to fruition in the market until a decade later. It wasn't until 1983 that they were available to the consumer. So the world has only had cell phones in their hand for 33 years genius. And you said 50 years. Idiot.

BTW Einstein, I have a US patent for a medical device and am living happily ever after.
Yeah....sure you do. You and grandma developed a new lid for the glass milk jar - did ya? :lmao:
I don't give a crap if you deny reality. Seems to be your specialty.
How's your LVAD changed your life?
How did landing on the moon change your life with grandma, idiot? You didn't land on the moon. :cuckoo:

You sure you want to play this game, stupid? You're looking dumber with each post that you back track, move the goal posts, and change your position all because you're too arrogant too old to admit you were wrong.

You said 50 years ago. Moving the goal posts, stupid? You were off by an entire decade.

By the way - just because the first prototype concept was built 43 years ago doesn't mean shit. It did come to fruition in the market until a decade later. It wasn't until 1983 that they were available to the consumer. So the world has only had cell phones in their hand for 33 years genius. And you said 50 years. Idiot.
Now 7 years is a decade. Technology teach you that too?
Great advancement for mankind. Now people sit at a table staring at a device in front of their face texting each other and go running off of cliffs chasing cartoon characters.

It has dramatically changed the life of every person who has used it to stay alive and every person who loved that individual. Idiot.
How many viruses have been irradiated or pushed into obscurity in the past 50 years? I can name a lot in the 50 years prior. Eliminating small pox and polio is impacting mankind, not some obscure implant device.

Great advancement for mankind. Now people sit at a table staring at a device in front of their face texting each other and go running off of cliffs chasing cartoon characters.
How people choose to leverage the technology is a reflection of their stupidity (such as yours) - not a reflection of the technology. In your mind, landing on the moon was some amazing thing - yet there is literally no practical application in the history of mankind for that. It was no "advancement" at all in our lives.

You defeat your own argument with each post.

How people choose to leverage the technology is a reflection of their stupidity (such as yours) - not a reflection of the technology. In your mind, landing on the moon was some amazing thing - yet there is literally no practical application in the history of mankind for that. It was no "advancement" at all in our lives.

You defeat your own argument with each post.
Of course you see no practical applications in the miniaturization of electronics made possible by the space program, use of satellites, understanding of the universe etc etc.

It has dramatically changed the life of every person who has used it to stay alive and every person who loved that individual. Idiot.
How many viruses have been irradiated or pushed into obscurity in the past 50 years? I can name a lot in the 50 years prior. Eliminating small pox and polio is impacting mankind, not some obscure implant device.
Well that's a cute false narrative considering that neither small pox nor polio have been "eliminated". Small pox isn't even remotely close to having been "eliminated" and polio (while way ahead of small pox in terms of being eliminated) still exists...

The polio vaccine is part of the routine childhood vaccination schedule currently used in the United States. Children typically receive four doses of the vaccine before entering elementary school. While polio has been eliminated from most parts of the world, it is still endemic in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria.
Polio To Be Eradicated By 2018? | HealthMap
www.healthmap.org/site/diseasedaily/article/polio-be-eradicated-2018-41213

Typical "back in my day" buffoon. Everything was soooooo much better back in his day. Probably because everything he thinks is true, isn't. :eusa_doh:

Last edited:
Of course you see no practical applications in the miniaturization of electronics made possible by the space program, use of satellites, understanding of the universe etc etc.
Nothing was made "miniaturized" by landing on the moon genius. Did the moon give us some great knowledge in how to shrink chips and systems boards? :lol:

And how in the hell has "understanding the universe" made your life on the couch with grandma better? Does the milkman deliver milk better somehow from that? Not to mention that landing on the moon didn't even give us any understanding of the universe.

You're so dumb - you don't even understand why we went to the moon and what it did for us. Let me help you here sparky....

We went to the moon to flex our military, engineering, and innovation "might" to the Soviets. That's it. That was the only reason. The moon was simply a big rock that offered nothing to mankind. What we did ultimately gain from it was missile technology. We became better able to deliver warheads around the world.

I feel like I'm talking to 6 year old.

Nothing was made "miniaturized" by landing on the moon genius. Did the moon give us some great knowledge in how to shrink chips and systems boards? :lol:

And how in the hell has "understanding the universe" made your life on the couch with grandma better? Does the milkman deliver milk better somehow from that? Not to mention that landing on the moon didn't even give us any understanding of the universe.

You're so dumb - you don't even understand why we went to the moon and what it did for us. Let me help you here sparky....

We went to the moon to flex our military, engineering, and innovation "might" to the Soviets. That's it. That was the only reason. The moon was simply a big rock that offered nothing to mankind. What we did ultimately gain from it was missile technology. We became better able to deliver warheads around the world.

You just keep on displaying your ignorance. Use some of that technology and educate yourself on the technological advancements made by NASA.

And since you think going from horses to cars and jets is just as big an advancement as Pokemon go, I'm sure you'll learn a lot.

Well that's a cute false narrative considering that neither small pox nor polio have been "eliminated". Small pox isn't even remotely close to having been "eliminated" and polio (while way ahead of small pox in terms of being eliminated) still exists...

The polio vaccine is part of the routine childhood vaccination schedule currently used in the United States. Children typically receive four doses of the vaccine before entering elementary school. While polio has been eliminated from most parts of the world, it is still endemic in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria.

Typical "back in my day" buffoon. Everything was soooooo much better back in his day. Probably because everything he thinks is true, isn't. :eusa_doh:
Shitforbrains thinks Americans live in fear of getting polio or small pox like they were a hundred years ago.

You just keep on displaying your ignorance. Use some of that technology and educate yourself on the technological advancements made by NASA.

And since you think going from horses to cars and jets is just as big an advancement as Pokemon go, I'm sure you'll learn a lot.
Again...says the person who thinks the milkman bringing a jar of milk to grandma's house was the greatest "technological advancement" in the history of mankind. :lmao:

Shitforbrains thinks Americans live in fear of getting polio or small pox like they were a hundred years ago.
Don't try to backpedal now sparky. You went on record stating they were "eliminated". And just like everything else - you were wrong. Keep talking stupid. Every time you speak, I'm able to unequivocally prove that you are wrong.

Tell us again how you sat on the couch with grandma drinking milk that the milkman brought you while curing polio.... :lmao:

In that case, the best technology development would currently be something that eliminates the human population as commodity.
Uh...no. Not even a little. You could make the case that "the best technology would be something that eliminates the human element" - but definitely not the human population. You do understand that technology, machines, etc. only exist to serve man. If we eliminate man, there is absolutely no purpose whatsoever for their existence.
One could make the same argument about the purpose of human existence and its creator if the creator decides to self destruct. But my thinking was rather about the problem that humans are commodities when in an industrialized power structure. This way population statistics can and do present the greatest danger for human well being, thus a prime candidate for technological targeting.
Hopefully we don't have wars in the future and people will live to 100. Smart cars will mean less fatal crashes. We're going to have to cut down on the number of kids we have.

Or maybe in the future you buy salmon eggs and just home grow your fish.
Or ... Wars will have to continue because every peace treaty is always written for the purpose of restarting the war some time in the future, maybe a generation later. This is a matter of fact. For smart cars, they are great, but I see them as a means of centralized powers taking away your most basic mobility, into their private control. Europeans already have almost no kids, but it is a good idea to cut down on them, because it is the kids that get enslaved and/or get the punishment for all wars. And if you live to 100, which most people are currently already forecasted to do, as per financial industry standards, then you will suffer decades in a nursing home whilst making your annuity portfolios enslave more people and start more wars.

In that case, the best technology development would currently be something that eliminates the human population as commodity.
Uh...no. Not even a little. You could make the case that "the best technology would be something that eliminates the human element" - but definitely not the human population. You do understand that technology, machines, etc. only exist to serve man. If we eliminate man, there is absolutely no purpose whatsoever for their existence.
One could make the same argument about the purpose of human existence and its creator if the creator decides to self destruct. But my thinking was rather about the problem that humans are commodities when in an industrialized power structure. This way population statistics can and do present the greatest danger for human well being, thus a prime candidate for technological targeting.
Hopefully we don't have wars in the future and people will live to 100. Smart cars will mean less fatal crashes. We're going to have to cut down on the number of kids we have.

Or maybe in the future you buy salmon eggs and just home grow your fish.
Or ... Wars will have to continue because every peace treaty is always written for the purpose of restarting the war some time in the future, maybe a generation later. This is a matter of fact. For smart cars, they are great, but I see them as a means of centralized powers taking away your most basic mobility, into their private control. Europeans already have almost no kids, but it is a good idea to cut down on them, because it is the kids that get enslaved and/or get the punishment for all wars. And if you live to 100, which most people are currently already forecasted to do, as per financial industry standards, then you will suffer decades in a nursing home whilst making your annuity portfolios enslave more people and start more wars.
What? That's completely different. Man doesn't exist to support God. Technology exists to support man. You're comparing apples to telephone poles there. :cuckoo:
Most religious texts include references that one of the purposes of man's existence is to glorify God. Even agnostic religions such as Buddhism teach that man causes big damage unless working in a predefined fashion. So the relationship of technology to man, is very similar to that of man to God.

This thread is super interesting, so I am bumping it back to top.

Here is another way we can look at modern technology. In the scifi genre, there are usually aliens with such advanced technology, that humans can do nothing about it. Today, humans themselves have drones that can destroy targets from 10000 feet up, without the target ever suspecting that the drone is there. So, have humans now been split into two, such as humans that are like aliens, against humans that are not?

Awesome story about how one man is leveraging technology to enlighten the people of North Korea...

He Calls Himself ‘Free Man’
Technology is fizzling. What is new in the past 50 years is primarily used for entertainment.
"Fizzling"? You're kidding - right?!? :cuckoo:

Voice Over IP isn't used for "entertainment". Neither is encryption. While the Internet is certainly heavily used for entertainment, it is equally as heavily used for learning, e-commerce, communication, and collaboration. GPS has been developed in the last 50 years and is nearly never used for "entertainment". WikiLeaks has exposed secrets and made governments more accountable to the people?

As a consultant - I was once involved in a project to roll out a "medical robot" at a healthcare facility. From literally anywhere in the world - a physician could see a patient. The robot had built in blood pressure cuff, heart rate monitor, etc. which would provide all of the vitals in real time to the physician. There were cameras, mics, and speakers for the physician and patient to interact. The physician could steer the robot through out the facility from patient room to patient room. The applications were near limitless. If a patient came in that didn't speak English, a physician from their nation could be engaged to provide the exam. If a physician on site was stumped, the best specialists in the world could be consulted.

Technology is far from "fizzling" - it is rapidly accelerating. It's making the world safer, it's expanding our life expectancy, and it's allowing us to achieve more in less time.
Kids today are the dumbest they've ever been. People don't live much longer than they did 50 years ago. Doctors came to your home when you were sick.
My grandmother as a child rode horse drawn carriages, had no telephone or electricity in her home. Planes did not exist. I sat with her watching man land on the moon. Today, we can't get a man in space.

Yes, technology is fizzling.
LOL. First of all, this old man goes to college with those kids. They are as smart as any I knew when I was their age. Not only that, they are covering far more, far faster than they did when I first started college in the '60's. In fact, I was showing a friend, a metallurgical engineer, what we were studying in third quarter Calculus, and he could hardly believe it. He said they did not take that until grad school.

Lordy, people do so live longer than they did when I was young. On the average, far longer. And far healthier.

Now, when that doctor was driving to your house, he was not analyzing your problem, or anyone else's. So that was valuable wasted time.

Yes, we can get a man into space, but the things we need to know can be achieved by robots at much less expense. And we have several private enterprises now vying to put men into space for commercial ventures. And that is the traditional method here in America. The government pioneers it, when no business can afford it, then as the technology develops, and becomes less expensive, private enterprise takes over, and the government moves on to the next frontier.

Why you are so down on America, and all of it's citizens, I don't know.

Awesome story about how one man is leveraging technology to enlighten the people of North Korea...

He Calls Himself ‘Free Man’
Technology is fizzling. What is new in the past 50 years is primarily used for entertainment.
"Fizzling"? You're kidding - right?!? :cuckoo:

Voice Over IP isn't used for "entertainment". Neither is encryption. While the Internet is certainly heavily used for entertainment, it is equally as heavily used for learning, e-commerce, communication, and collaboration. GPS has been developed in the last 50 years and is nearly never used for "entertainment". WikiLeaks has exposed secrets and made governments more accountable to the people?

As a consultant - I was once involved in a project to roll out a "medical robot" at a healthcare facility. From literally anywhere in the world - a physician could see a patient. The robot had built in blood pressure cuff, heart rate monitor, etc. which would provide all of the vitals in real time to the physician. There were cameras, mics, and speakers for the physician and patient to interact. The physician could steer the robot through out the facility from patient room to patient room. The applications were near limitless. If a patient came in that didn't speak English, a physician from their nation could be engaged to provide the exam. If a physician on site was stumped, the best specialists in the world could be consulted.

Technology is far from "fizzling" - it is rapidly accelerating. It's making the world safer, it's expanding our life expectancy, and it's allowing us to achieve more in less time.
Kids today are the dumbest they've ever been. People don't live much longer than they did 50 years ago. Doctors came to your home when you were sick.
My grandmother as a child rode horse drawn carriages, had no telephone or electricity in her home. Planes did not exist. I sat with her watching man land on the moon. Today, we can't get a man in space.

Yes, technology is fizzling.
LOL. First of all, this old man goes to college with those kids. They are as smart as any I knew when I was their age. Not only that, they are covering far more, far faster than they did when I first started college in the '60's. In fact, I was showing a friend, a metallurgical engineer, what we were studying in third quarter Calculus, and he could hardly believe it. He said they did not take that until grad school.

Lordy, people do so live longer than they did when I was young. On the average, far longer. And far healthier.

Now, when that doctor was driving to your house, he was not analyzing your problem, or anyone else's. So that was valuable wasted time.

Yes, we can get a man into space, but the things we need to know can be achieved by robots at much less expense. And we have several private enterprises now vying to put men into space for commercial ventures. And that is the traditional method here in America. The government pioneers it, when no business can afford it, then as the technology develops, and becomes less expensive, private enterprise takes over, and the government moves on to the next frontier.

Why you are so down on America, and all of it's citizens, I don't know.
Again, name 3 technological introductions in the past 50 years that have changed mankind for the better. Yeah, we have cell phones. Primary use is to text so you don't have to talk to people and play games with. I know all about private ventures in space, I have SpaceX parts out there with my signatures on the paperwork.

Most college graduates can't tell you where a tomato comes from, let alone how to function in the labor force.

Keep in mind I speak in generalities, so please don't say so and so does this. But the human race is getting dumber. I study the ancients now, and what they accomplished runs circles around us today.

The ancients did a great deal with a very primitive technology. However, their technology left them at the untender mercy of natural events. Santorini.

Forum List

Back