Ted Cruz: 2nd Amendment Is 'Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny'

The United States is not under the governance of the Magna Carta. The United States is under the governance of the US Constitution and the laws that have since grown out of it.

See how that works?
The Constitution was an outgrowth OF the Magna Carta. IDIOT.

I will say it again:

The United States is not under the governance of the Magna Carta. The United States is under the governance of the US Constitution and the laws that have since grown out of it. The two documents are not identical to each other.
You can say it all you want but that does NOT make it fact. The MG was the VERY base used for the revolution. And it provides for armed overthrow of government as LEGAL. That was forwarded in the Constitution by INSURING gun rights to the PEOPLE.

While we are at it IDIOT the Constitution YOU speak of was the SECOND one written POST war. You ever read the FIRST IDIOT? Or do you even know who the FIRST president was?

I see you have a lot to learn.

Armed insurrection is illegal. In fact, we have an insurrection acts, signed into law, on the books:

Insurrection Act - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008). Section 1076 of the law changed Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widened the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." The law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."

The 2008 Defense Authorization Bill, repeals the changes made in the 2007 bill.[3]

The 2007 Defense Authorization Bill, with over $500 billion allocated to the military, and which also contained the changes to the Insurrection Act of 1807, was passed by a bipartisan majority of both houses of Congress: 398-23 in the House and by unanimous consent in the Senate.[4] For military forces to be used under the provisions of the revised Insurrection Act, the following conditions must be met:

(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--
(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--
(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and
(ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or
(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).
(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition that--
ANY law and I mean ANY law which violates the Constitution is NOT valid. And that one does, it's just words NOT law.

You don't determine what is constitutional. The court does. Man you're a wacko.

Brilliant moroonie. That is brilliant at getting the maroonies to bite. He knows that the 2nd protects an individual's rightsv for lawful purposes, such as self-defense within a home, not armed insurrection.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You seen to have forgotten the first half of the amendment, the term "a free state" referred to the various states, not the federal government. No where in the Constitution are the terms "Federal Government" and "State(s) used synonymously.

So the US Cabinet office of Secretary of State is a reference to which state?

lol

Show me where that office is referred to in the Constitution.

This is what these people are talking about, when they refer to the 2nd amendment being about resisting tyranny:

"The 2014 Las Vegas shootings occurred on June 8, 2014 in northeastern Las Vegas, Nevada, when a married couple, Jerad and Amanda Miller, committed a shooting spree in which five people died, including themselves. The couple, who espoused extreme anti-government views, first killed two Las Vegas police officers at a restaurant before fleeing into a Walmart, where they killed an intervening armed civilian. The couple died after engaging responding officers in a shootout; police shot and killed Jerad, while Amanda committed suicide after being wounded."

"June 8, 2014, the Millers first went to a CiCi's Pizza restaurant on foot at 11:22 a.m.,[1] finding Las Vegas police officers Igor Soldo and Alyn Beck, who were eating at the restaurant on their lunch break. Prior to the shooting, they had observed the restaurant. Jerad Miller fatally shot Soldo in the back of the head with a handgun, then shot Beck in the throat. Both Millers then killed Beck by shooting him multiple times after he attempted to fire back.[9] Afterwards, they dragged the officers' bodies out of their booth and covered Beck with a yellow Gadsden flag and a swastika. They also pinned a note on Soldo's body, which read: "This is the beginning of the revolution." They also stole both officers' guns and ammunition. Also, during the restaurant shooting, the Millers loudly declared to other patrons that it was the start of "a revolution"."

Don't tread on me. Or I'll kill you with the gun I have the sacred right to own.

Sic semper tyrannis, as conservative hero John Wilkes Booth put it.

As you can tell by the stunned silence, the armchair revolutionaries around here don't really want to confront what their imaginary revolution looks like in real life.

You can say it all you want but that does NOT make it fact. The MG was the VERY base used for the revolution. And it provides for armed overthrow of government as LEGAL. That was forwarded in the Constitution by INSURING gun rights to the PEOPLE.

While we are at it IDIOT the Constitution YOU speak of was the SECOND one written POST war. You ever read the FIRST IDIOT? Or do you even know who the FIRST president was?

Armed insurrection is illegal. In fact, we have an insurrection acts, signed into law, on the books:

On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008). Section 1076 of the law changed Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widened the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." The law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."

The 2008 Defense Authorization Bill, repeals the changes made in the 2007 bill.[3]

The 2007 Defense Authorization Bill, with over $500 billion allocated to the military, and which also contained the changes to the Insurrection Act of 1807, was passed by a bipartisan majority of both houses of Congress: 398-23 in the House and by unanimous consent in the Senate.[4] For military forces to be used under the provisions of the revised Insurrection Act, the following conditions must be met:

(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--
(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--
(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and
(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).

God bless you. Hell, it's a "law" right? That means that we, the people, just HAVE to follow that order, don't we? After all, it's a LAW!! Thank God you never served in the military......

So, you are still not understanding. But that's ok. By the time you get your fat ass out of the armchair to start the revolution, we will be colonizing Mars.

Sonny, I hate to break it to you, but it's not ME you have to worry about. I'm 71. You need to worry about the new generation that is coming up. YOU are in for a big surprise. Gee, you're dumb.

The new generation can't wait for you to stop voting.

Aw....isn't that sweet? Here she is, telling a Black man, and ELDERLY Black man, that I shouldn't vote. Little racist maybe? Maybe you should get off your fat-ass and vote once in a while, don't you think?

Brilliant moroonie. That is brilliant at getting the maroonies to bite. He knows that the 2nd protects an individual's rightsv for lawful purposes, such as self-defense within a home, not armed insurrection.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You seen to have forgotten the first half of the amendment, the term "a free state" referred to the various states, not the federal government. No where in the Constitution are the terms "Federal Government" and "State(s) used synonymously.

lol

Show me where it has to be.

Ted Cruz 2nd Amendment Is Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny

Hmmmmm, interesting.

A declared presidential candidate who is for armed insurrection.
It looks like the board liberals are getting so desperate, that they put up a quote of a conservative saying something true (first line above), and then the liberal lies about it in the same post, with the refutation of the lie right there where he quoted it (third line above).

It's never been easy to be a liberal in the U.S.

Now that the media is no longer able to cover up their lies, it's even tougher.

Too bad, so sad.

Honestly, I believe that they are so afraid that that bitch Clinton will get her ass handed to her that they have started doing the propagandist work early. Goebbels would be proud of them.....keep repeating the lie.....
Boards/Forums and Blogs all over the country are becoming war zones. It IS a reflection of the country. Only question that remains is will they push this from the net into the streets?
I for one am ready to see the military take over for a while if this gets any worse. Military protocol IS a lot higher stands of ethics and honesty then we are seeing now.

Absolutely correct.

It was bad during Bush but it's ten times worse now.

These Lefty's really do NOT want any type of civil issue, they'll lose they are pussies.

God bless you. Hell, it's a "law" right? That means that we, the people, just HAVE to follow that order, don't we? After all, it's a LAW!! Thank God you never served in the military......

So, you are still not understanding. But that's ok. By the time you get your fat ass out of the armchair to start the revolution, we will be colonizing Mars.

Sonny, I hate to break it to you, but it's not ME you have to worry about. I'm 71. You need to worry about the new generation that is coming up. YOU are in for a big surprise. Gee, you're dumb.

Of course you can't because until we do you can't get the Gov to take care of your every whim.

Aw....isn't that sweet? Here she is, telling a Black man, and ELDERLY Black man, that I shouldn't vote. Little racist maybe? Maybe you should get off your fat-ass and vote once in a while, don't you think?

Oh, do the victim much?

I strongly support your right to vote. I think you should definitely vote for the flavor of jello they serve you at Sunny Dales Sanitorium!!

Like the did with Dred Scott. The court is infallible...

One of the things that distresses you leftists above all else is that the Constitution is written in plain language. Any person with a basic education can read and understand what the document says, No need for a high priest to interpret the Latin phrases, because it is in English and very direct.

lol

It has to be if the clown was trying to use it as a rebuttal to what I said, otherwise it's just nothing but deflection.

Boards/Forums and Blogs all over the country are becoming war zones. It IS a reflection of the country. Only question that remains is will they push this from the net into the streets?
I for one am ready to see the military take over for a while if this gets any worse. Military protocol IS a lot higher stands of ethics and honesty then we are seeing now.

Hmmmmm, interesting.

It looks like the board liberals are getting so desperate, that they put up a quote of a conservative saying something true (first line above), and then the liberal lies about it in the same post, with the refutation of the lie right there where he quoted it (third line above).

Too bad, so sad.

Honestly, I believe that they are so afraid that that bitch Clinton will get her ass handed to her that they have started doing the propagandist work early. Goebbels would be proud of them.....keep repeating the lie.....

Yes, because nothing screams for freedom louder than wanting the military to take over in a coup....
When government is so over loaded with corruption as this current one is it's needed. And the military ALREADY knows democrats hate them.

lol

It has to be if the clown was trying to use it as a rebuttal to what I said, otherwise it's just nothing but deflection.
If it was a clown it was defecation.

The Constitution was an outgrowth OF the Magna Carta. IDIOT.

I will say it again:

The United States is not under the governance of the Magna Carta. The United States is under the governance of the US Constitution and the laws that have since grown out of it. The two documents are not identical to each other.

ANY law and I mean ANY law which violates the Constitution is NOT valid. And that one does, it's just words NOT law.

No it does not. It's only one LONE branch NOT the FINAL word.
The court is SUPPOSED to interpret NOT make law.

Of course you can't because until we do you can't get the Gov to take care of your every whim.

i guarantee i pay more in taxes than you. no one "gives" me anything.

but you aren't smart enough to vote for your *own* interest.

and if you wren't lying, then red states wouldn't be sucking up blue state tax money.

idiota.

lol

If it was a clown it was defecation.

are you mentally ill? seriously. seek help.

I will say it again:

you aren't the arbiter of what is constitutional. and if you don't want the court to make law, you should be opposed to citizens united.

learn something about constitutional construction before you spew. you're barely able to tie your own shoes much less determine what is constitutional.

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Too bad, so sad.

Absolutely correct.

These Lefty's really do NOT want any type of civil issue, they'll lose they are pussies.

Nope. The last thing on this earth I want is a military coup. I want a replaced government with the vast majority of power held at the State level (as it was intended). I want the federal government completely purged of the IRS, the DEA, The DoE, the Energy Department, The Commerce department, The NRO, the NSA, the DOJ, to name but a few.

I want the Congress to stay in their respective states (except when in session) and it be made illegal for them to live anywhere near DC and a Felony to accept ANY money from a lobbyist and contributions be limited to $100 Per registered voter. and I want absolute term limits placed on all positions of Congress - 2 six year terms for Senators, 3 Two year terms for Congressmen, 2 terms for President. I want NO UNIONS for federal employees and all contractual union agreements be declared null and void. No public employee should be allowed to earn more than their civilian counterpart.

Basically, I want the federal government completely gutted and the 4 million "laws" that they use to keep American in "check" overthrown and those responsibilities given to the States, as was intended.

That's what I want. It can be done, and it should be done.

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Too bad, so sad.

Absolutely correct.

Nope. The last thing on this earth I want is a military coup. I want a replaced government with the vast majority of power held at the State level (as it was intended). I want the federal government completely purged of the IRS, the DEA, The DoE, the Energy Department, The Commerce department, The NRO, the NSA, the DOJ, to name but a few.

I want the Congress to stay in their respective states (except when in session) and it be made illegal for them to live anywhere near DC and a Felony to accept ANY money from a lobbyist and contributions be limited to $100 Per registered voter. and I want absolute term limits placed on all positions of Congress - 2 six year terms for Senators, 3 Two year terms for Congressmen, 2 terms for President. I want NO UNIONS for federal employees and all contractual union agreements be declared null and void. No public employee should be allowed to earn more than their civilian counterpart.

Basically, I want the federal government completely gutted and the 4 million "laws" that they use to keep American in "check" overthrown and those responsibilities given to the States, as was intended.

I have no issue with what you want, hell I SUPPORT them. But I think democrats WILL try gun fire in the streets BEFORE they let go of power.

Too bad, so sad.

Absolutely correct.

I have no issue with what you want, hell I SUPPORT them. But I think democrats WILL try gun fire in the streets BEFORE they let go of power.

Understood. That's the problem with a "monster". It usually does not go quietly into that good night. We have sat back and watched as the only "industry" with growth is that of the federal government. It has become a Monster. It MUST be shut down, purged of all the filth, and allowed to operate as it was intended. We either do that - or we all suffer through the Soviet Union, Red China, Nazi Germany, and the rest. It IS coming. and it's coming sooner than we think.

you aren't the arbiter of what is constitutional. and if you don't want the court to make law, you should be opposed to citizens united.

learn something about constitutional construction before you spew. you're barely able to tie your own shoes much less determine what is constitutional.
My libertarian streak says I AM the arbitrator of what is constitutional.
My GOP streak give me the gun to back that up.
And my Tea Party streak gives me the balls to act on it.

Forum List

Back