Ted Cruz: 2nd Amendment Is 'Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny'

LOL! Sheesh, the founding fathers, including even Alexander Hamilton, talked about this! It's in the federalist papers, for crying out loud.

The problem is that you, like so many other liberals, don't know your own country's history. Seriously, I'm not kidding. Only someone woefully ignorant of America's founding would be "shocked" at the principle that an armed citizenry is a check against tyrannical government.

I mean, gosh, you do at least know that the War of Independence started when the British tried to seize Patriot gun and ammo stashes in Lexington and Concord, right? Do you at least know that much?

I don't get why the militia types think they could take on the US military and win.

And yes, the military would fire on US citizens. They swear an oath to do exactly that.

So where exactly does it say in this oath that they can follow an unlawful order?
This is another instance where a liberal thinks he can continue to lie and someone will eventually believe.
The truth of the mater is,is that most soldiers are conservative....deal with it.

LOL! Sheesh, the founding fathers, including even Alexander Hamilton, talked about this! It's in the federalist papers, for crying out loud.

The problem is that you, like so many other liberals, don't know your own country's history. Seriously, I'm not kidding. Only someone woefully ignorant of America's founding would be "shocked" at the principle that an armed citizenry is a check against tyrannical government.

I mean, gosh, you do at least know that the War of Independence started when the British tried to seize Patriot gun and ammo stashes in Lexington and Concord, right? Do you at least know that much?
The very first fight in this country was about gun control and still is.

It looks like the board liberals are getting so desperate, that they put up a quote of a conservative saying something true (first line above), and then the liberal lies about it in the same post, with the refutation of the lie right there where he quoted it (third line above).
Boards/Forums and Blogs all over the country are becoming war zones. It IS a reflection of the country.
That's because, after their decades of liberal gains during the FDR/Truman years, and the holding actions they fought during the GHWB/Billary/GWB years, they are now losing consistently and badly, across the board. So they are fighting like cornered rats, lashing out at anything and everything, in hopes that that will somehow reverse the defeats they have suffered for the last six years.

The Axis powers did much the same thing as the Allies advanced on Germany and Japan... until most German cities lay in ruins, gigantic armies surrounded Berlin, and the Bomb fell on Japan.

Some people take a lot of learning.

It looks like the board liberals are getting so desperate, that they put up a quote of a conservative saying something true (first line above), and then the liberal lies about it in the same post, with the refutation of the lie right there where he quoted it (third line above).
Boards/Forums and Blogs all over the country are becoming war zones. It IS a reflection of the country.
That's because, after their decades of liberal gains during the FDR/Truman years, and the holding actions they fought during the GHWB/Billary/GWB years, they are now losing consistently and badly, across the board. So they are fighting like cornered rats, lashing out at anything and everything, in hopes that that will somehow reverse the defeats they have suffered for the last six years.
And they know their up coming loss will be the worst in history. They will be lucky to be the second party.

This reminds me of the hysterical liberal reaction to Ted Cruz's observation that our rights come from God. Anyone who has spent any serious time studying primary sources from the founding era knows that this was exactly what the founding fathers taught. The Constitution guarantees and protect our rights--it does not give us our rights. Our rights come from God, and the Constitution was written to keep government from denying us our rights. This is Americanism 101 for very poorly educated people.

I mean, liberals, have you heard of the Magna Carta, one of the documents that the founders cited and applauded? You might go read it sometime. The main idea that fueled the eventual establishment of representative government in England and that did away with the rule of kings was that man's rights were given to him by God, not by the king or by the government.

Sheesh. . . . It's just unbelievable how ignorant some liberals are of basic American history.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the hysterical liberal reaction to Ted Cruz's observation that our rights come from God. Anyone who has spent any serious time studying primary sources from the founding era knows that this was exactly what the founding fathers taught. The Constitution guarantees and protect our rights--it does not give us our rights. Our rights come from God, and the Constitution was written to keep government from denying us our rights. This is Americanism 101 for very poorly educated people.

I mean, liberals, have you heard of the Magna Carta, one of the documents that the founders cited and applauded? You might go read it sometime. The main idea that fueled the eventual establishment of representative government in England and did away with the rule of kings was that man's rights were given to him by God, not by the king or by the government.

Sheesh. . . . It's just unbelievable how ignorant some liberals are of basic American history.
I brought the MG up earlier, they said it had nothing to do with our founding. Liberals here are not even up to the flash card stage.

Bet that title got your attention.

It may seem like fiction, but it's not. Ted Cruz just said that.

Ted Cruz 2nd Amendment Is Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

A declared presidential candidate who is for armed insurrection.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Ted Cruz says that this 2nd Amendment remedy is for the protection of Liberty.

I wonder how he would exactly define "Liberty".

Either way, I think he just won the "We came unarmed --- this time" crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

Armed Insurrection rests as the Foundation of American Principle.

If you had the slightest kinship with America... you'd have known that.

Most of our in-house Leftists are Euro-peons... posing as US Citizens.

Hmmmmm, interesting.

It's never been easy to be a liberal in the U.S.

Now that the media is no longer able to cover up their lies, it's even tougher.

Too bad, so sad.

Honestly, I believe that they are so afraid that that bitch Clinton will get her ass handed to her that they have started doing the propagandist work early. Goebbels would be proud of them.....keep repeating the lie.....
Boards/Forums and Blogs all over the country are becoming war zones. It IS a reflection of the country. Only question that remains is will they push this from the net into the streets?
I for one am ready to see the military take over for a while if this gets any worse. Military protocol IS a lot higher stands of ethics and honesty then we are seeing now.

Absolutely correct.

It was bad during Bush but it's ten times worse now.

These Lefty's really do NOT want any type of civil issue, they'll lose they are pussies.

Nope. The last thing on this earth I want is a military coup. I want a replaced government with the vast majority of power held at the State level (as it was intended). I want the federal government completely purged of the IRS, the DEA, The DoE, the Energy Department, The Commerce department, The NRO, the NSA, the DOJ, to name but a few.

I want the Congress to stay in their respective states (except when in session) and it be made illegal for them to live anywhere near DC and a Felony to accept ANY money from a lobbyist and contributions be limited to $100 Per registered voter. and I want absolute term limits placed on all positions of Congress - 2 six year terms for Senators, 3 Two year terms for Congressmen, 2 terms for President. I want NO UNIONS for federal employees and all contractual union agreements be declared null and void. No public employee should be allowed to earn more than their civilian counterpart.

Basically, I want the federal government completely gutted and the 4 million "laws" that they use to keep American in "check" overthrown and those responsibilities given to the States, as was intended.

That's what I want. It can be done, and it should be done.

And I want a pony. Guess which one of us has a chance of getting what he wants.

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

He's giving the GOP base their weekly handjob.

Tugging on their guns until they fire off...

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

If you had the slightest grip on history, you would know that the last armed insurrection was called the Civil War and it did not go well.

Try again, this time with some intelligence.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

I see you have a lot to learn.

Armed insurrection is illegal. In fact, we have an insurrection acts, signed into law, on the books:

Insurrection Act - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008). Section 1076 of the law changed Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widened the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." The law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."

The 2008 Defense Authorization Bill, repeals the changes made in the 2007 bill.[3]

The 2007 Defense Authorization Bill, with over $500 billion allocated to the military, and which also contained the changes to the Insurrection Act of 1807, was passed by a bipartisan majority of both houses of Congress: 398-23 in the House and by unanimous consent in the Senate.[4] For military forces to be used under the provisions of the revised Insurrection Act, the following conditions must be met:

(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--
(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--
(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and
(ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or
(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).
(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition that--
ANY law and I mean ANY law which violates the Constitution is NOT valid. And that one does, it's just words NOT law.

You don't determine what is constitutional. The court does. Man you're a wacko.
No it does not. It's only one LONE branch NOT the FINAL word.
The court is SUPPOSED to interpret NOT make law.

you aren't the arbiter of what is constitutional. and if you don't want the court to make law, you should be opposed to citizens united.

learn something about constitutional construction before you spew. you're barely able to tie your own shoes much less determine what is constitutional.
My libertarian streak says I AM the arbitrator of what is constitutional.
My GOP streak give me the gun to back that up.
And my Tea Party streak gives me the balls to act on it.
Yes, I can imagine you needing to have your balls given to you instead of working like a man to get them yourself!

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Teddy Cruz, like the Koch Brothers, is a child from Communism.

They are scared to death that America is turning into it because THE PEOPLE have a say in it. The irony is crazy funny. (I've had DOZENS of Right Wingers tell me "We the People" don't know what is best for us anymore)

They want to CONTROL everyone to ensure they don't end up under CONTROL.

Just look at Rupert Merdoch too. He owns Fox News and multiple other media sources in America yet he lives in a Socialist environment. He holds morning meetings to tell his anchors what to talk about and they do. Then the people repeat their king.

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

If you had the slightest grip on history, you would know that the last armed insurrection was called the Civil War and it did not go well.

I JUST ran your signature on my search engine. I'm DONE talking to you.

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

My sig file in USMB made you mad? As in Mad Cow disease? Ok.... [emoji38]

It always humors me to find how Righties get all personal when they get mad. Like a bunch of little kids.

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

My sig file in USMB made you mad? As in Mad Cow disease? Ok.... [emoji38]

It always humors me to find how Righties get all personal when they get mad. Like a bunch of little kids.

This .... תיקון עולם, baby, תיקון עולם under your screen name not siggy sorry. Tell the good folks what that says. Or they can Google it.

Forum List

Back