Ted Cruz Hits A Nerve

The new mayor seems no more interested in improving matters than did Emmanuel.

Chicago Mayor Tells Ted Cruz To 'Keep Our Name Out Of Your Mouth' About Gun Control | HuffPost

I hope he bring security to the debate
left wing progressive nazis are violent dumb animals

Afraid that Cruz will get beat up by Alisa Milano?
Lol
No one wants to be around alisa Milano... She’s a VD petri dish

Mass shootings are spectacular, but they constitute only a small percentage of the number of shootings we have each year. If the concern is the safely of the public, then the emphasis should be on the shootings in the poor and mostly minority neighborhoods of Chicago and the other cities and not on the occasional shootings that mostly effect white middle class people, but the Democrats ignore these shootings because they don't want to risk offending minority voters.

Democrats have politicized this issue by basing their position on mass shootings in order to appeal to white middle class voters without risking offencing minority voters, all the while ignoring the vast number of shooting that occur in America each year, in an act of profound political cynicism.
The gun control policies are the same. Countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a fraction of ours and do not suffer regular mass shootings.
I would argue that there are cultural differences between countries that have mass shootings and those that don't.

I have no idea what you mean by strong gun control, but experience tells us that is there is demand for an item and it can't be bought legally, a black market will form to supply that demand. Prohibition created organized crime in America, and anti drug laws created international drug cartels; it is a certainty that very strong gun laws will create a strong black market in weapons in the US because demand for guns is very strong here. So describe the gun laws you believe would make it impossible for someone who is crazy enough and driven enough to commit a mass shooting from acquiring a gun.
Yes a gun culture. We have one and they don't.

Sure there will be a black market, but there will be much fewer and many will be caught trying to buy illegal guns. Here is an example:
FBI thwarts machine gun attack at Milwaukee Masonic Temple

If the weapon is illegal they can be caught trying to get the weapon before people are killed.
So you have no idea what you mean by strong gun laws that will prevent crazy driven would be mass shooters from acquiring guns?
I have many ideas actually. We need universal background checks. Sounds like our most reason TX mass shooter wouldn't pass a background check bought through a private sale. All sales should require a background check. We also should not sell weapons for mass killing. We should stop the sale of all semi auto rifles that can use large capacity magazines. We should look at the laws of the Swiss. They have lots of guns and no problems, but they have much stronger gun laws.
If the TX shooter couldn't pass a background check and if he hadn't been able to find a private sale, what makes you think he wouldn't have sought to buy a gun illegally on the street? The point is if the demand is strong enough someone will supply it. Someone who is committed to committing a mass shooting will not be deterred by having to buy a gun illegally. Similarly, a gang member or drug peddler or other criminal who believes he needs a gun for defense or offense, will not balk at buying it illegally. In a culture like ours in which demand for guns is so strong, preventing the illegal sale of guns would be like preventing the illegal sale of alcohol or drugs; we would simply be creating a new criminal subculture.

There is no evidence that new gun laws would stop mass shootings unless they made it virtually impossible for anyone to get any guns, and criminals often use automatic weapons, not just handguns. To protect people from shootings we have to deal with the people who do the shootings, not with meaning gun control laws.
We already have the fullest jails in the world. We need to deal with the guns.
No, we need to deal with the people who misuse them.
Again, we have the fullest jails in the world!
Obviously not full enough or we wouldn't be having so many shootings on our streets.
No we have too many guns. Countries with fewer guns and fewer in jail have much lower crime rates.
No, countries that have fewer guns have a lower demand for guns.

The gun control policies are the same. Countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a fraction of ours and do not suffer regular mass shootings.
I would argue that there are cultural differences between countries that have mass shootings and those that don't.

I have no idea what you mean by strong gun control, but experience tells us that is there is demand for an item and it can't be bought legally, a black market will form to supply that demand. Prohibition created organized crime in America, and anti drug laws created international drug cartels; it is a certainty that very strong gun laws will create a strong black market in weapons in the US because demand for guns is very strong here. So describe the gun laws you believe would make it impossible for someone who is crazy enough and driven enough to commit a mass shooting from acquiring a gun.

Sure there will be a black market, but there will be much fewer and many will be caught trying to buy illegal guns. Here is an example:

If the weapon is illegal they can be caught trying to get the weapon before people are killed.
So you have no idea what you mean by strong gun laws that will prevent crazy driven would be mass shooters from acquiring guns?
I have many ideas actually. We need universal background checks. Sounds like our most reason TX mass shooter wouldn't pass a background check bought through a private sale. All sales should require a background check. We also should not sell weapons for mass killing. We should stop the sale of all semi auto rifles that can use large capacity magazines. We should look at the laws of the Swiss. They have lots of guns and no problems, but they have much stronger gun laws.
If the TX shooter couldn't pass a background check and if he hadn't been able to find a private sale, what makes you think he wouldn't have sought to buy a gun illegally on the street? The point is if the demand is strong enough someone will supply it. Someone who is committed to committing a mass shooting will not be deterred by having to buy a gun illegally. Similarly, a gang member or drug peddler or other criminal who believes he needs a gun for defense or offense, will not balk at buying it illegally. In a culture like ours in which demand for guns is so strong, preventing the illegal sale of guns would be like preventing the illegal sale of alcohol or drugs; we would simply be creating a new criminal subculture.
Like the guy in Milwaukee who tried to buy a gun illegally and was caught before he killed anyone?

We already have the fullest jails in the world. We need to deal with the guns.
Obviously not full enough or we wouldn't be having so many shootings on our streets.
No we have too many guns. Countries with fewer guns and fewer in jail have much lower crime rates.
Laws would lower our demand.

Such laws would cause an immediate increase. Sales are up again, running tandem with the Democrat flapping of the lips.

Like the guy in Milwaukee who tried to buy a gun illegally and was caught before he killed anyone?
I bought a gun a few years ago at a gun show. I had to pass a background check, but if I had failed it, I could have bought one on the street for a few dollars more and no one would have known about it. If the guy got caught trying to buy a gun, he was simply careless.

Like they lowered the demand for alcohol and drugs while creating huge criminal subcultures?

I bought a gun a few years ago at a gun show. I had to pass a background check, but if I had failed it, I could have bought one on the street for a few dollars more and no one would have known about it. If the guy got caught trying to buy a gun, he was simply careless.
He got caught because he was trying to buy a type of gun that was heavily regulated. It is far too easy to buy really dangerous weapons in this country. You seem to not want to fix the problem.

Chicago Mayor Tells Ted Cruz To 'Keep Our Name Out Of Your Mouth' About Gun Control | HuffPost
Let's see if the Republican Sup Ct trashes NYC's gun control … that HAS worked.
We don't give a rat fuck who says it "worked.". We could throw everyone in jail and that would "work" even better but you see the problem, hopefully.

We have the fullest jails in the world. It doesn't work.

He got caught because he was trying to buy a type of gun that was heavily regulated. It is far too easy to buy really dangerous weapons in this country. You seem to not want to fix the problem.
I don't believe the problem of high homicide rates can be fixed at this time. We are a relatively violent culture compared to other developed countries and we put a higher value on gun ownership than other developed countries. You are arguing that since drugs are illegal, Americans wouldn't dare buy drugs on the street and so they wouldn't dare buy guns on the street if guns were illegal.

We don't give a rat fuck who says it "worked.". We could throw everyone in jail and that would "work" even better but you see the problem, hopefully.

Other countries kill their bad guys.

I don't believe the problem of high homicide rates can be fixed at this time. We are a relatively violent culture compared to other developed countries and we put a higher value on gun ownership than other developed countries. You are arguing that since drugs are illegal, Americans wouldn't dare buy drugs on the street and so they wouldn't dare buy guns on the street if guns were illegal.
I'm arguing that easy access to guns leads to high homicide rates. Even angry children have little problem getting guns. I shared an example where a killer was caught trying to buy an illegal gun before anyone died. That's what can happen more often with real laws. Right now we can see what happens with easy access to guns and it isn't good. Regular mass killings. Homicide rate 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. Law enforcement shot and killed regularly. All that and we have the fullest jails in the world. We need real laws. I suppose you think driving laws are useless? A whole lot of people get speeding tickets, lose their licenses, get thrown in jails....

Other countries kill their bad guys.
Pretty sure Europe doesn't have a death penalty actually.

Forum List

Back