Ted Cruz hometown newspaper takes BACK it's "endorsement".

R

rdean

In slap, Ted Cruz's hometown newspaper rethinks its endorsement

“Does anyone else miss Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison?” asked the Houston Chronicle editorial board, citing the three-term U.S. senator whom Cruz replaced. “We're not sure how much difference one person could make in the toxic, chaotic, hyperpartisan atmosphere in Washington, but if we could choose just one it would be Hutchison, whose years of service in the Senate were marked by two things sorely lacking in her successor, Ted Cruz.”

--------------------------

Hilarious.

whoa, stop the presses

who cares, he was elected by the people he represents... he will just have to chap your all's asses until the next election

what was it you all wailed when with Obama, he won get over it

Last edited:

The ONLY reason the Houston Chronicle endorsed Senator Cruz is because he is Hispanic.

While the paper is located in Houston , its editorial board staff is located in Boston Massachusetts.

They are nothing more than a fish-wrap government supremacist rag. I stopped my subscription over 13 years ago.

But now the Newspaper is stepping back from its "unendorcement."

Did we un-endorse Ted Cruz? No. | ChronOpinion | a Chron.com blog

Houston newspaper says it didn't 'un-endorse' Ted Cruz

Sadly, this is just another example of the shame that now exists in the GOP. They have cost the US economy an estimated 22 BILLION DOLLARS, according to the latest estimate that I heard. What a sad day for a once great political party. One which I once supported with my votes.

The Party of Reagan has now become The Party of Cruz...The Dems will use him as the face of the GOP in 2014.

“Does anyone else miss Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison?” asked the Houston Chronicle editorial board, citing the three-term U.S. senator whom Cruz replaced. “We're not sure how much difference one person could make in the toxic, chaotic, hyperpartisan atmosphere in Washington, but if we could choose just one it would be Hutchison, whose years of service in the Senate were marked by two things sorely lacking in her successor, Ted Cruz.”

Hilarious.

This is a non-story. Journalists talking bad about a Republican isn't news.

The ONLY reason the Houston Chronicle endorsed Senator Cruz is because he is Hispanic.

While the paper is located in Houston , its editorial board staff is located in Boston Massachusetts.

They are nothing more than a fish-wrap government supremacist rag. I stopped my subscription over 13 years ago.

Case in point:

This is the supposed endorsement.

"Ted Cruz, the Republican candidate to replace the retiring Kay Bailey Hutchison in the U.S. Senate, is one of the shooting stars of the 2012 election season. Cruz came from obscurity less than a year ago to defeat the heavy favorite, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, in the Republican primary runoff in July. From there, he was thrust instantly into the national limelight as a featured speaker at the Republican National Convention in August. No great surprise: He is young, smart, telegenic and Hispanic."

"We endorse Ted Cruz to succeed Kay Bailey Hutchison and join Sen. John Cornyn in the U.S. Senate. We do so in the expectation that Cruz will be schooled by the examples of previous senators from Texas, beginning with Hutchison and continuing with Lloyd Bentsen and Lyndon B. Johnson. In Cornyn, he will have a someone to emulate at his side. We expect Cruz as the senator from the Lone Star State to spend his energies standing up for Texans of every background and economic station, representing their best interests from health care and education to energy, space and medicine. "

http://www.chron.com/opinion/editorials/article/Cruz-for-Senate-3961708.php

My guess is they felt because of his ethnicity that he would be another closet liberal in the GOP.

Last edited:
whoa, stop the presses

who cares, he was elected by the people he represents...

texas-texas-idiots-redknecks-white-trash-morons-racists-kkk-demotivational-poster-1242885027.jpg

ted+cruz+AP.jpg

Sadly, this is just another example of the shame that now exists in the GOP. They have cost the US economy an estimated 22 BILLION DOLLARS, according to the latest estimate that I heard. What a sad day for a once great political party. One which I once supported with my votes.

The Party of Reagan has now become The Party of Cruz...The Dems will use him as the face of the GOP in 2014.

Wow, impressive. And so wrong.

What has happened to our national debt since the Dems took back Congress in 2007?

Do you even have a clue?

And you actually think this shutdown is all the Republicans' idea?

It must be so wonderful living in a vacuum, that way you can't feel reality when it hits home.

Hilarious.

You should have quoted the piece in the Montreal Herald...lol

Hilarious.

You should have quoted the piece in the Montreal Herald...lol

Once again......journalists bad-mouthing Republicans is not news.

Get a life.

What has happened to our national debt since the Dems took back Congress in 2007?

Do you even have a clue?

It must be so wonderful living in a vacuum, that way you can't feel reality when it hits home.

Two words.... RONALD REAGAN

He started the Big Deficit train rolling and it has not even slowed since his two terms. Do we need Entitlement reform...Yes Do we need to revisit the Sequester? Yes

But you cannot do any of these things with a gun pointed at your head. I hope the Dems and Repubs can get together in the coming months and resolve these issues before we have a repeat of this fiasco.

Do you even have a clue?

Two words.... RONALD REAGAN

He started the Big Deficit train rolling and it has not even slowed since his two terms. Do we need Entitlement reform...Yes Do we need to revisit the Sequester? Yes

But you cannot do any of these things with a gun pointed at your head. I hope the Dems and Repubs can get together in the coming months and resolve these issues before we have a repeat of this fiasco.

Bull shit.

We had reversed the trend during the 90s.

They started paying down the debt in the Republican Congress in the mid-90s and that reversed during the Bush years. The debt was $8 trillion when the Dems took back Congress. What is it now?

You see, you don't know what you're talking about.

So basically even the retraction is a negative for Cruz. Cruz Cruz Cruz......

We now have CDS, Cruz Derangement Syndrome among the left. I guess its the third stage of the original BDS, which always proceeded to PDS.

So basically even the retraction is a negative for Cruz. Cruz Cruz Cruz......

We now have CDS, Cruz Derangement Syndrome among the left. I guess its the third stage of the original BDS, which always proceeded to PDS.

They call it "Palinizing" a GOP candidate.

so that's why you're dead between the ears .... nothing but silly putty between them... I've always said its not the liberal press about republicans, its the bad press you don't like about the republicans ....

Forum List

Back