Ted Cruz's health care plan

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Just got this in my email -

Toward the end of Ted Cruz's more than 20-hour occupation of the Senate floor Tuesday and Wednesday, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) tried to pin the GOP senator down.

“Will the senator from Texas for the record tell us now -- and those who watched this debate -- whether he is protected and his family’s protected?” Durbin asked Wednesday morning, repeating a question he'd been trying to get Cruz to answer.

“I’m happy to tell you now I am eligible for it and I am not currently covered under it,” Cruz responded, diverting the conversation to an uninsured diabetic woman that Durbin had mentioned earlier.

Cruz and Durbin debated where the woman would fit in in a health care metaphor Durbin had concocted, with Durbin arguing that while Obamacare might not give her first-class coverage at its lowest level, at least she was on the plane. Cruz put forward that she was stuffed into the baggage compartment.

Daniel Webster vs. Henry Clay it was not, but it did leave the question of Cruz' health care coverage dangling.

"Senator, you and I are blessed to have the best health insurance in America as members of the United States Senate," Durbin said.

Durbin doesn't get out enough. Members of Congress are afforded top-notch, well subsidized health plans, but they're nothing compared with those provided to the people who make the real decisions in the U.S.
Top Wall Street executives get some of the best health coverage on the planet. Cruz's wife, Heidi Nelson Cruz, is a regional head of a Goldman Sachs division.

According to a 2009 New York Times report, top executive officers and managing directors at the bank participate in a health care program that costs Goldman more than $40,000 in premiums for each particpant’s family annually.

A Cruz representative wasn't immediately available to comment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/27/health/policy/27insure.html?_r=0

Toward the end of Ted Cruz's more than 20-hour occupation of the Senate floor Tuesday and Wednesday, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) tried to pin the GOP senator down.

“Will the senator from Texas for the record tell us now -- and those who watched this debate -- whether he is protected and his family’s protected?” Durbin asked Wednesday morning, repeating a question he'd been trying to get Cruz to answer.

“I’m happy to tell you now I am eligible for it and I am not currently covered under it,” Cruz responded, diverting the conversation to an uninsured diabetic woman that Durbin had mentioned earlier.

Cruz and Durbin debated where the woman would fit in in a health care metaphor Durbin had concocted, with Durbin arguing that while Obamacare might not give her first-class coverage at its lowest level, at least she was on the plane. Cruz put forward that she was stuffed into the baggage compartment.

Daniel Webster vs. Henry Clay it was not, but it did leave the question of Cruz' health care coverage dangling.

"Senator, you and I are blessed to have the best health insurance in America as members of the United States Senate," Durbin said.

Durbin doesn't get out enough. Members of Congress are afforded top-notch, well subsidized health plans, but they're nothing compared with those provided to the people who make the real decisions in the U.S.
Top Wall Street executives get some of the best health coverage on the planet. Cruz's wife, Heidi Nelson Cruz, is a regional head of a Goldman Sachs division.

According to a 2009 New York Times report, top executive officers and managing directors at the bank participate in a health care program that costs Goldman more than $40,000 in premiums for each particpant’s family annually.

Luddley dutifully sucking insurance industry cock.

Don't you just hate that? How some people make enough money to afford awesome stuff and other people don't make as much money and can't afford the same stuff? God that just grinds my gears.

I'm also tired of this one person being taller than another person bullshit. I wanna be able to touch the rim without jumping like Yao Ming, how come he can do that and I can't? Someone should legislate this unfair bullshit out of existence.

So tired of everyone not being the same as everyone else. If only I could have been born a honey bee.

This has nothing to do with Cruz having it easy. It has to do with him working so hard to take more away from everyone else. Its the prevailing attitude of the R - the "I got mine and screw you."

This has nothing to do with Cruz having it easy. It has to do with him working so hard to take more away from everyone else. Its the prevailing attitude of the R - the "I got mine and screw you."

It can't be about taking anything away from anyone because in order for that to be the case that something would have to be theirs first.

If I have 100 dollars and you ask me for 10, I haven't taken anything from you if I tell you no.

See how that works?

So Cruz gets coverage from his wife and then brags that he doesn't use Congressional healthcare

So Cruz gets coverage from his wife and then brags that he doesn't use Congressional healthcare

Yes, of course. Maybe he's proud that he's not leeching his coverage off the backs of the taxpayers who would be compelled by the force of law to pay for it, but rather gets it via a 100% consenting arrangement wherein his wife's place of employ has offered, not under threat of legal repercussion mind you, her an insurance plan that can include her family members.

Sorry that you don't consider this a notable distinction. Many do ;)

This also begs another question.

Should a man sharing life's financial burdens with his romantic partner feel less than a man?

If you and your wife both work, are you, as the man, not allowed to be proud of anything that you've achieved materially?

The poor who will be insured for the first time can tell the haters from the far right, "I got mine, now go suck off."

A Dem would double dip, taking the HC his wife got from her high paid job AND leeching off taxpayers. Kudos to Cruz for not doing that.

This is the context of the issue. He shot Dic Durbin in down and he wasn't bragging, just stating facts. Nice that Dic admitted he gets better HC than he's will to give we the plebeians.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j91rrAqCRA]Ted Cruz Tells Dick Durbin He's Not Covered By The Senate Health Care Plan - YouTube[/ame]

I just want gov't OUT of my choices and pocket!

It's ok his family is part of the aristocracy.

The poor who will be insured for the first time can tell the haters from the far right, "I got mine, now go suck off."

The poor have medicaid. This is about redistribution of wealth from workers to takers with the government taking a healthy handling charge.

so when are you going to give your computer away because some one else doesn't have one?
Its the prevailing attitude of the hypocrite Ds

The poor have medicaid. This is about redistribution of wealth from workers to takers with the government taking a healthy handling charge.

No, it's not, Katzndogz. You simply have a problem that we as a nation have failed to take care of national security, which is what is national health care.

so when are you going to give your computer away because some one else doesn't have one?

Another reactionary far right false derivative analogy.

You are not making sense.

At the very least I doubt he would put his wife's former classmate in charge of his website. :lmao: O is even a wimp at home....:lmao: "Yes dear, no dear, anything you say, dear."

SNIP:

First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

more:

Read more: Michelle Obama's Princeton classmate was Obamacare website builder | The Daily Caller

Another reactionary far right false derivative analogy.

You are not making sense.

its a fair and truthful analogy. your bashing Cruz for having better insurance than most so why don't you sell your nice computer and take that money buy two pieces of junk and you keep one and give the other away who doesn't have one

Last edited:

Forum List

Back