Tell us about your day.

Took an hour and a half to get a permit signed..........trying to find the operator.............

Moved a JLG to the job..............took out cable tray and installed new cable tray with and offset...........ran 180 feet of conduit with parallel offsets.......knocked off a few minutes early and the big superintendent bitched about it even though we did more than most crews working for him..........

Typical day in Construction.

Did you interrupt the operator's nap? Never interrupt the operator's nap.
Nope..........kept saying he was in one place wasn't there.......then said he was in another place wasn't there..........finally caught him

Show a little respect. An operator does more work than anyone else on the job.

.Work (physics) - Wikipedia
In physics, a force is said to do work if, when acting, there is a displacement of the point of application in the direction of the force. For example, when a ball is held above the ground and then dropped, the work done on the ball as it falls is equal to the weight of the ball (a force) multiplied by the distance to the ground (a displacement).
Work transfers energy from one place to another or one form to another.
According to Jammer[1], the term work was introduced in 1826 by the French mathematician Gaspard-Gustave Coriolis[2] as "weight lifted through a height", which is based on the use of early steam engines to lift buckets of water out of flooded ore mines. According to Dugas[3], it is to Solomon of Caux "that we owe the term work in the sense that it is used in mechanics now".
an operator does more work with one small lift than most others do in a week.
Yeah work was transfering him place to place..........it was a utilities permit and they are signing permits plant wide..........they are hard to catch.

How tall is a plant electrician?
If shocked ......depends on hair height.............longer hair sticking straight up you are taller.

Did you interrupt the operator's nap? Never interrupt the operator's nap.
Nope..........kept saying he was in one place wasn't there.......then said he was in another place wasn't there..........finally caught him

Show a little respect. An operator does more work than anyone else on the job.

.Work (physics) - Wikipedia
In physics, a force is said to do work if, when acting, there is a displacement of the point of application in the direction of the force. For example, when a ball is held above the ground and then dropped, the work done on the ball as it falls is equal to the weight of the ball (a force) multiplied by the distance to the ground (a displacement).
Work transfers energy from one place to another or one form to another.
According to Jammer[1], the term work was introduced in 1826 by the French mathematician Gaspard-Gustave Coriolis[2] as "weight lifted through a height", which is based on the use of early steam engines to lift buckets of water out of flooded ore mines. According to Dugas[3], it is to Solomon of Caux "that we owe the term work in the sense that it is used in mechanics now".
an operator does more work with one small lift than most others do in a week.
Yeah work was transfering him place to place..........it was a utilities permit and they are signing permits plant wide..........they are hard to catch.

How tall is a plant electrician?
If shocked ......depends on hair height.............longer hair sticking straight up you are taller.

Just wondering. I always wondered, because I never saw one stand up.

:laugh:

That vid is a good representation of why I’m still dating. :)
That explains the thread. :)
Gotta love the life of being an independent guy with choices. :)
Life is all about the choices. :mm:

I love the choice I made as well.

Now if you will excuse me, it's about dinner time and I must go and divulge the happenings of my day. :eusa_whistle:
The vid you shared says a little about how much you’re loving life.
Just saying. :)
It's satire dude, it's funny. Laughter is a defining quality of enjoying life.
Are you now saying you're married and enjoying the life portrayed in the vid you posted? lol

That explains the thread. :)
Gotta love the life of being an independent guy with choices. :)
Life is all about the choices. :mm:

I love the choice I made as well.

Now if you will excuse me, it's about dinner time and I must go and divulge the happenings of my day. :eusa_whistle:
The vid you shared says a little about how much you’re loving life.
Just saying. :)
It's satire dude, it's funny. Laughter is a defining quality of enjoying life.
Are you now saying you're married and enjoying the life portrayed in the vid you posted? lol
I never said anything to the contrary.

Just had another uneventful day. No major problems or codes to deal with.
I took advantage of the quiet time to complete more mandatory education stuff due by July. I’m currently 75% complete and maintaining 100% with the tests. :2up:

Spent some time with the GF and friends the past two days. The only thing worth mentioning was dinner at Fogo de Chao.
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore - Baltimore, MD on OpenTable

:)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back